Call 6 : Flirt Back

[ Misun ]

Just like usual, I woke up due to the sound of my ringing phone. It has been two days since I last met Taehyung. I wonder if he really tries to help me.

It has been two days and honestly, I thought that Jungkook was starting to get chill and less awkward. And it has been funnier since I added some more pick up lines in my collection because it's fun to tease him.

"Morning, Misun!" Jungkook said, seeming cheerful.

I smirked as I prepared my next line, "Jungkook, are you religious?"

"Hm? Why?"

"Cause you’re the answer to all my prayers."

It was silent for a few seconds before Jungkook broke the ice, "U-Uh, Misun-ssi, are youㅡ"

"Pfft." And I laughed at his reaction. He always called me 'Misun-ssi' when he felt nervous. "Ah, this will never get old."

Jungkook chuckled nervously and cleared his throat. "Yeah.. anyways. How was your sleep?"

"Good, like usual. You sound extra cheerful today." I giggled at his happy tinted voice. I could imagine him smiling through out the conversationㅡ except that part where I flirted with him as a joke.

"Can't I be cheerful?" He said and I was pretty sure that he was smiling widely on the other side.

"No, it's just seems like something has gotten you into a better mood." I said. "Actually, I like this Jungkook better. Cheerful Jungkook seems more fun."

"So the usual me is boring?" I could sense him pouting somehow and it made me laugh.

"Maybe?" I joked.

"How mean. It's just that I slept well last night. Usually I can't even sleep for more than two hours." Jungkook said. Remembering the topic, I frowned.

"Yeah, you've told me that. Why don't you sleep? It's bad for your health, and I bet you have some bad dark circles underneath your eyes."

I heard Jungkook sigh. "It's not because of playing games for too long. I have insomnia and I think that stress is the cause of it."

I instantly got more worried. His life wasn't as happy as I thought it was. "You're stressed? You know that I'm here and you can tell me anything right?"

"Yeah, I know. A lot of things happened and they're just stressing me out. I have just moved from Busan not too long ago so I'm still adapting with the new surroundings. I'm still not used to everything I'm seeing and I only know the way from my apartment to school."

"You know, Jungkookie? I really think that I should give you a small tour of the area around school when we hang out sometime."

Jungkook chuckled. "Sure, that sounds like fun." He cleared his throat. "Second, um.. I don't think that I've mentioned this before but I came from a quite poor family so I need to work hard in my part time jobs. Currently, I'm working for you and I just applied for a job at a small cafe near school."

When he mentioned that he came from a poor family, I was more hesitant to open up about my family background because I was afraid that he would end up using me just like anybody else.

"Don't worry, Jungkookie. Next time, just call me when you feel down or stressed out. I'll cheer you up." I winked when I ended my sentence but he couldn't see it through his phone so.. yeah, I don't really care.

Jungkook chuckled again, "Yeah, I know. Also.. I entered my current school with scholarship so I need to keep up my grades or they'll take away my scholarship and if they did, I don't have enough money to payㅡ gosh, why do I feel embarrassed telling you this."