Call 9 : Vodka and Goodbyes

[ Misun ]

I swore I could hear my heart crack when Taehyung said that.

I knew, why would it be me? But still, the thought of him having a crush on someone else pained me.

"Of-Of course it isn't me butㅡ I mean, what happened?"

"So, um, wait a minute, a teacher's passing by," There was silence after that, "Okay, I was playing dumb about not knowing how having a crush feels like and he told me basic things, but then this girl came.. her name is Sujin, she's apparently in the same class as Jungkook. And I don't think it's only a 'crush'. I'm positive that the lil dude is in love with her."

Okay.

Okay, Misun, you're strong.

Big girls don't cry, big girls hold their tears in.

"... Misun? Oh God, Misun, don't tell me you're crying."

I forced a laugh, "Don't joke, Taehyung, who would've cried over a simple thing? He has a crush, he's in love, okay. It's his choice and I don't have the rights to forbid him. I'm no one, only a friend."

I don't even know why I'm crying. I mean, I only like him right? It's not that deep for me to cry when I know that he has someone else in his heart.

"I was going to send you a pic of her but hearing your cracking voice, I'm caging that idea back." Taehyung said.

"I'm not crying, Tae." I reassured him. "I'm okay."

Perhaps, my feelings got deeper the more I talk to him. Even without me being aware of it.

[ Jungkook ]

I was sitting on my desk, replying to Misun's text. She has texted me five minutes ago when I was in the toilet, saying that she was annoyed because a stray dog has peed on her shoes.

I've warmed up with Misun, I wasn't as awkward as I used to be when I first met her. She was a great friend, she shared her problems with me and I did the same.

Although, I don't share everything with her.

Someone then knocked on my desk. I looked up at the person who was standing, her hand was on my desk as she leaned on it. She stared down at me with a smile on her face.

"A-Ah, Sujin, do you need anything?" I asked, turning off my phone.

She then placed an envelope in front of me. I looked at it and it has a writing that says, "Shin Jiwon's Sweet Seventeenth Birthday Party".

"Jiwon is inviting everyone in our year. She told me to give this to you." Sujin said, "Are you coming? I'm not forcing you though, there would be a lot of people."

I stayed quiet, thinking about it.

Maybe I should give it a try?

I didn't think about any of the consequences because I generally didn't want to refuse the invitation, I wanted to be more social. Well, if Sujin was the one asking, of course I would come.

I nodded, "Sure. Why not?"

Then, she gave me the reaction I wanted to see. Those sparkling eyes which were filled with excitement. "It would be tonight, at 9 PM. Be there!"