Call 30 : Insecurity

[ Third Person ]

Jungkook smiled, looking at Misun who was being dragged by her mother to help her with snacks. While that happened, Mr Song invited Jungkook to sit back down on the sofa.

"So, Jungkook. What's your full name?" Mr Song asked, leaning his back on the sofa.

"Jeon Jungkook, sir." Jungkook said, couldn't help but still be intimidated by the aura Misun's father was giving off.

"Jeon Jungkook. Are you planning to marry my daughter? Because what you said a while ago made it seem like you are." Said Mr Song.

"N-No- I mean, w-we're still very young, and we've just started dating a few weeks ago so it's still too early to think of marriage," Jungkook explained hastily. "But if you ask me, I am serious with her."

Mr Song let out a relieved sigh. "If you are, prove yourself worthy, child."

[ Misun ]

It has been a year and I've left my title as a 'sophomore'. I'm currently a junior in college and Jungkook actually moved majors, so he's still a freshman. He's currently studying under graduate degree program, still in Pine Tree. He's actually serious about wanting to be a doctor.

His relationship with my father obviously gotten a lot better, although dad still played hard to get with him like a childish teenager. I'm on really good terms with both of my parents, however.

Now we're talking Jungkook's major. To be quite honest, I've never imagined him being a doctor, not until he brought the topic up last year. He was a great student though, so no surprises. So far, he's doing great in his current major.

Speaking of which, there goes the man.

I looked up from my food to see the guy that holds the title of Misun's boyfriend strutting down the cafeteria. I was lucky enough to get to see him every lunch hour since he got quite a packed schedule, meaning that he doesn't get as much free hours as me, although he rarely sits with me.

Oh, right. Speaking of packed.

He might not have any followers, literally. I've never seen a girl following him around, but ever since he moved majors and stayed as a freshman, his used to be underclassmen- which are probably his classmates now- have grown a liking towards him. Every lunch hour, freshman girls would come to the cafeteria just to gawk at him. Even those ones from a different major.

I get it, he's gorgeous. But he ain't single.

I'm not one to get jealous over such little things but one thing ticked me off sometimes. The fact that he never told anyone about him being not single. Sure, he was sometimes seen with me, but we never acted like a couple in public because we knew PDA is an eyesore.

But hey, how do you feel seeing thirsty girls throwing winks at your boyfriend right in front of your face?

The only group of people who knew about his relationship with me were only Taehyung and my art team. You know, Aiden, Ella, and Juwon. And it was Taehyung who told them.

I often wondered why Jungkook never opened his mouth about it. His own group of friends didn't even know about it. This made me think of the possible negatives. That he might be embarrassed to have anyone knowing that he's dating a junior girl while he's still a freshman.

If we're talking about the Jungkook I know, it's impossible for him to think that way. But I couldn't help it.

That boy is making me feel insecure.