Call 18 : Consider Me

[ Misun ]

Three weeks have passed since I last talked to Jungkook. After the video I sent to him, I received a text from him in the next morning, saying that he had slept well. I sent him an emoji, but he only left that as 'seen'. And after that, we didn't talk anymore. I didn't call him nor text him, and I didn't receive one either.

I guess it was really over between us this time.

I sighed as I closed my eyes. It was already two weeks since finals, but that didn't mean school's over. I still had to go to school. If I was still living alone in my old apartment, I would've skipped. But since I was under my parents' watch, I couldn't even leave my homework undone before I go to bed.

It was six in the afternoon and I have already done all of my works. Yes, the teachers still gave us homeworks even if we're graduating next week.

We're graduating next week.

High school life felt so short, it felt like I just started high school yesterday and in a blink of an eye, it was gonna end in just one week. I didn't get to experience those cool and fun friendship moments like in the movies, I didn't get to feel the thrill of having a boyfriend. Basically, my high school life was super plain. Sad, but there's nothing I could do about it.

I do have a crush though.

Speaking of crush, I was brought back to Jungkook again. I closed my eyes, sighing as I leaned my back on my desk's chair. I had no idea about how he was doing, and what was going on on his side of the story. I cared about him, in a way that he would never return.

He has told me many times, that we were only friends.

I remember reading romance novels and watching romantic movies and cringed whenever the female leads acted so hurt whenever they were friendzoned. I used to think that they were a bit overreacting, but now I know how it feels like.

I guess there was nothing I could do about this. I guess Jungkook and I will just remain as friends. But we don't even contact each other anymore. He doesn't send me cute 'good morning's anymore.

I wanted to initiate the conversation, but I was afraid that he didn't want to contact me. He was a busy guy after all, he needed to study and work twice as hard because of his financial condition. Plus, he was the one who left it on 'seen'.

I didn't know what to do next. I finally had a time for myself to think about what was happening in the past few weeks. I was overwhelmed that I came to like Jungkook more than I thought I would. I used to think that he was just an adorable kid, that was it. But I guess not.

I didn't know whether I should keep on having feelings for him, or should I just move on?

I don't see a point to keep on liking him.

I flinched when my phone started to ring loudly. I looked at the caller ID.

Of course it isn't Jungkook, Misun.

I slid the answer button and brought my phone close to my ear. "Hi, Tae."

"Sunny! Hey, what are you doing right now?" Taehyung asked, sounding as energetic as usual. By the sound of it, I could guess that he was at a public place.