More Calls (1) : Doll

[ Misun ]

I sat across Jungkook, wearing a navy blue floral long sleeve dress which ends right above my knees. It was mid June, which was spring at that time. Jungkook had brought me on a dinner date at a simple seafood restaurant.

This morning, Jungkook had just graduated from med school. I was so proud of him, he was doing so well in his studies. The principal said that if he maintained his achievements, it is possible that he could spend only a few years of residency training before he's eligible for medical licensing, which sounded crazy because he was only 26. Meaning that he could be a doctor at the age 31 or 32.

I looked at him as he was eating his shrimp. This guy is unbelievable.

"Hey," I called, earning a hum from him as a reply. "Your phone has been going off for the past minute." I pointed out.

Jungkook glanced at his phone which was placed screen down near the edge of the table. He glanced at the caller ID and quickly picked it up.

"Hello?" He glanced at me and signalled that he'll be out for a few minutes.

I watched as his back disappeared behind the front door of the building. I took a look around the restaurant.

It has been eleven years since I left South Korea for good. I missed my hometown so much, I missed my parents. I'm sure Jungkook missed his family more than I could guess.

Jungkook and I visit his family in Busan for once every six months, and they were really warm and welcoming towards me. I also met his grandparents who were really nice and funny. I could really tell that they missed Jungkook very very much and I couldn't help but feel bad for taking him so far away to France.

Jungkook and I bought a small, comfy house together in a cute neighbourhood. There were gardens surrounding the neighbourhood and our neighbours were really nice.

Have I told you about Sammy?

Sammy is our samoyed dog. I never knew her actual age because she was a homeless dog before I took her in so I assumed that she was currently four years old. She was always my best friend and Jungkook spoiled her with cute little toys. He also bought her a red collar with her name carved on it.

While I worked, Jungkook also found a part time job as a tattooist. He was already busy with med school so I felt bad and I told him that he didn't need to do that. But he insisted, saying that he's a guy and he's the one who's supposed to work.

But despite his busy schedule, managed to do such a great job. Although, he sucks at chores except for laundry.

Jungkook and I have been together for nine years now. It has been such a long time but I didn't mind. Jungkook said that he didn't want to rush things either, we still have a long way ahead of us.

I'm just scared that at one point, he might be getting bored of me.

But I shouldn't be thinking negatively, should I?

"Hey," Jungkook said, placing his phone back on the table and sat down. "Did I take too long?"

I shook my head. "Nah, it's fine. Who was that?"

Jungkook glanced at his phone. "It was one of my friends from med school, Raphael."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh? I've never heard of him before. Is he that one who also wants to be a surgeon?"

Jungkook shook his head. "No, he wants to be a pediatrician," He stabbed a fried oyster and shoved it in his mouth. "We rarely talk."

"I see," I nodded. "By the way, we're still going to that pretty aquarium next week, right?" I asked, remembering that next friday is our anniversary.