Call 27 : Faith In Me

"Song Misun, where are you right now?"

"I'm... I'm at a friend's house." I said, crossing my fingers, hoping that he would buy it.

"... Which friend?"

I shut my eyes tight and supressed a groan. Pursing my lips, I tried to think of an answer. "Even if I told you, you wouldn't know her."

"Quit making stories up and come back home immediately. I'd like to have a word with you, Song Misun." My father said in a stern tone. I silently sighed and massaged my temples.

"But dadㅡ"

"Now."

I glanced at the clock, feeling totally anxious. I wet my lips and said, "Alright." And he ended the call.

I unwillingly placed both of my feet on the cold floor and stood up. I exited Jungkook's bedroom and immediately found him sprawled on the couch, his thin blanket laying messily on his body. I chuckled at the scene.

Walking towards him, I folded the half filled bag of chips left on the table. I crouched in front of him so my face was on the same level of height as his. I took a few seconds for myself to admire his features before running my hand through his soft hair.

"Jungkook, wake up," I said softly and kissed his temple, making him squirm. "Jungkookie."

He hummed and stretched, opening his eyes a bit. He squinted them due to the brightness of the living room's lights. "Good morning," He said huskily and cleared his throat.

"Morning." I said, backing away a bit to make room for him to stand. "It's already 8. You should eat something for breakfast."

He rubbed his eyes and stretched again, nodding slightly. "I'll just eat cereal. You want some?"

I shook my head and forced a smile. "No, thanks. I think I'm in trouble."

Jungkook frowned, looking at me through his half opened eyes. "Why? What happened?"

Still feeling anxious, I played with my phone in my hands. "My dad knows that I didn't come home last night. He sounded really mad."

"Shoot," Jungkook muttered, looking fully awake. He looked down, rubbing his nape before meeting eyes with me again. "So you're gonna go home now?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want to shower first or?"

"I think I shouldn't. I didn't bring any clothes and if I wear yours, dad would be more suspicious of me." I said.

Jungkook nodded, agreeing. "That's true." There was silence for a while, both of us were lost in our own thoughts. "I'll take you home, then."

"No," I answered immediately. "Dad will see you and he'll find out. If he did, I'll be in big trouble because he'll think that I've been playing around with guys."

Jungkook frowned. "It's okay, he won't see me. I'll make sure."

I sighed, "Alright, but you should wash up first. I'll make you breakfast."

He smiled, I could notice the creases form beside his eyes when he smiled widely. Patting my head, he stood up and made his way to his room. I stood and walked towards the kitchen to pour him some cereal.

Dad might think that I'm taking a long time but I couldn't care less. Jungkook didn't take too long getting ready. Five minutes later, he was already sitting down on the dining table, eating the cereal I poured for him.

"I'm sorry I didn't wake you up when you fell asleep last night." Jungkook said, clearly looking uneasy. He felt bad that I was in trouble.

"It's okay," I said, watching him finish his cereal in a jiffy. "It's not your fault."