More Calls (2) : Worth It

[ Jungkook ]

This all started a few months back. Misun and I were visiting Seoul and Misun was staying at her parents'. I decided to contact Taehyung hyung since it has been a really long time since I last seen him.

"Hi, hyung," I greeted with a wide smile when I met him at a restaurant.

"Hi, kiddo!" Taehyung ruffled my hair. "You didn't change much. How's Paris? Is everything good with Misun?"

I nodded. "Paris was great and yeah, everything's doing great."

Taehyung and I entered the restaurant and the waiter escorted us to a table at the center of the restaurant. I ordered a bunch of food and a bottle of wine. Taehyung looked at me strangely.

"What? It's been a long time since we met like this." I reasoned out.

When the food was already out, Taehyung stared at them. It was true that I kind of went overboard with the menu but hey, they looked delicious.

Taehyung shifted his gaze to the me and he stared at me through squinted eyes. "You want something from me." He suspected.

I chuckled nervously and looked away. "Well... maybe?" I glanced at the tall brown bottle on the left side of the table before grabbing it and pouring the liquid into Taehyung's glass and mine. I wet my lips as I put down the bottle of wine back to its previous spot. "Can you help me?"

Taehyung folded his arms. "Depends. With what?"

"I..." I straightened my back, kinda nervous to bring the topic out loud. "I want to propose." I spoke, feeling my heart beat faster.

Taehyung widened his eyes and fixed his sitting position so he was leaning forward to me. "Are you serious?"

I gulped and felt my face heat up. "Yes."

A wide smile crept up his face. "So... what kind of plans do you have?"

A moment later, I was already at Taehyung's house, scrolling down Instagram.

"Who's Inhyung?" I asked, frowing at the Instagram account.

"She's my little sister. According to your idea, I've picked up a few details." He then lifted his head to look at me. "This is gonna be funny."

I saw Taehyung saving one of his sister's photos and sent it to me. "There. What you have to do is go to our text messages and delete our chats. Change my profile picture to a photo of Inhyung."

"So I'll be texting you quite often then. I'll give you a headstart and we'll continue to 'fake date', right?"

Taehyung's face went blank at my statement. "I didn't think this through. I didn't realize that I have to be the one sweet talking to you."

"Hyung!" I kneeled in front of him. "Please, please help me with this one!"

Taehyung rubbed his face with his palms and groaned. "Ugh, fine, fine!"

"Yes!" I cheered. "So, I think I'll start the plan around the end of June. I'll just go with the flow after that."

Taehyung and I came up with a bunch of ideas and I couldn't wait to finally propose to her. She has waited long enough.

When I was having dinner with Misun at a seafood restaurant, I got a call. It was from Taehyung and his caller ID was '💌'. I was shocked as I wasn't prepared, it wasn't the time for me to start everything yet.