Chapter 12 Going Out In Public

When they or we, I'm not even sure how to say this, when they confessed their love, it was silent. All though I thought I would break the silence because Harry's horrible at these kind of things. But it surprised me he broke the silence.

"Who's your favorite person of the crew?" he asked her. I knew she didn't have a favorite. She despised them all. But I couldn't choose.

"I can't choose anyone of them. I love them all equally, they're like my family." I told him. "you?"

"Lou, defiantly Lou." he answered quickly. "Lou's our stylist and we're pretty close. I'm also very close to her daughter." he sounded really happy talking about the two of them.

"Yeah, Flora told me your stylist had a baby. She said they would like each other because they have the same job and she also has a baby." I said excitedly. I really wanted to know more about this Lou.

"Short brown hair, around her thirties, forties maybe?" Harry guessed. My smile grew, he knew Flora. "she's around Lou most of the time. All though I haven't see her recently."

"She's in the hospital." I blurt out. After that I didn't get a reaction from Harry so I decided to continue talking. "The father of her child is in the hospital. And I can't do much for her, which hurts me. I feel so powerless." I said sadly.

I frowned at the thought. I had to do something. I could of course send a card, but that's stupid. Maybe a box of chocolates. No! that's for valentine.

"I'm sorry. We could visit her you know. I know how it feels to be powerless. My sister once had to be hospitalized and I couldn't do a thing about it." I felt kind of sorry for him. I knew I shouldn't because he's horrible, but I knew how he felt.

We talked a bit about his sister, then about his mum. He asked about my parents. I told him they were still together and living happily. There wasn't much to say about my parents. They were both two hard working people.

We weren't poor, we had a rather large house and my parents always showered me with gifts. I guess you could say we were rich. But I hated that. I hated to be rich.

So when I went to college my parents bought me an expensive apartment. Which I ditched later when I had money. I told Harry all of this.

"Why did you hate to be rich?" Harry asked. I thought about it, there were so many reasons. But one was more important to me then any other reason.

"Because I didn't want to be different anymore. I was always different, and people were horrible to me because of it. But those people didn't live in big houses like I did. They were normal, and I was different, weird. I didn't want to be more different."

Harry wasn't talking, he had to think about this. Sam didn't seem different, she didn't seem like the girl who would be bullied. And she wasn't. Because every word that came out of her mouth, were things I had said, were things I had felt.

"I'm sorry." he finally said. "I'm sorry, that those people were horrible to you, and I can't imagine someone being horrible to such a wonderful girl." and I thought he was talking to me, like he knew I was saying all those words.

Tears slipped out of my eyes. "thank you, I know why." I sniffled. "But thank you, it's like you actually took away the pain they caused me." I sniffled.

Harry decided we should leave. We had been there for a long time, and now was the right time to leave. And I was grateful for that. I was being emotional. In front of Harry.

I sniffled again, wiping my eyes. they were probably red and puffy like they usually were after crying.

"Again thank you Harry." I whispered after I put my Head-Set down. I don't know why, but from that moment on, I stopped hating him.