Chapter 30 Like You

I had cleaned my house. Sam was sitting on my couch looking at me concerned. "I really love him." I said. "but you dated him, which means he's your ex."
"he loved you." I said. "he maybe still loves you." I was walking back and forth while Sam was watching my like a tennis game, in slow motion.
"well, that's not true." Sam argued. "he loved to talk to me, he loved the way I talked to him. Which was basically you." I sighed.
"alright, then that reason isn't legit." I said running a hand through my hair. "you might be still in love with him. I mean you were crazy about him." Sam shook her head,
"I'm not in love with him, I can tell you that." she said simply. "come on Scarlett." she jumped up and she grasped my shoulder.
"there. has. to. be. something." she shook me, I felt a bit dizzy, so I pushed her off. "something that's bothering you, something that holds you from jumping into his arms."
I thought about it, I really did. but I couldn't find anything. something that would make me want to stay out of his way...
"he's too good for me." I whispered. Sam looked up, she was about to give up.
"what?" she asked, coming closer. I frowned looking down, I realized this was the real reason.
"he's too good for me, I will never be good enough for him." I said louder now. Sam's mouth hung open.
"are you crazy!" she screamed making me flinch. "I'm going to call Harry right now." she got her phone out, but before I could think I jumped her. we fell to the ground together.
"no you won't call him." I said trying to get her phone, but she kept it tightly into her hands, I tried to pry her fingers off the device.
"oh yes I will, I'll call him right now." she was trying to call him, but with me on top of her trying to stop her. it wouldn't work.
"Stop." she said irritated. "I'm doing this for you, now sit still." she said to me. I didn't sit still whoever. I got her phone out of her hands.
I got up to my feet and held her phone tightly. she squinted her eyes at me. "I'm going to call him not matter what, first I'll go to the bathroom." as she passed me by, she tried to get her phone but she failed.
I heard the bathroom door open and shut. I sighed in relieve and let myself sit down on the couch, closing my eyes for a second, clutching her phone tightly.
"yes Harry it's me, yes I'm calling with Scarlett's phone." I shot up. "no Harry. No don't ask such things, yes she's-" Sam couldn't have called him, she's bluffing.
"will you shut up for a second!" she screamed irritated. I got up to my feet, what if she was actually talking to him. I walked towards her and saw her on the phone. she held her hand over the phone.
"it's Harry." she winked.
"what!" I exclaimed but Sam was already busy talking to Harry. I thought this over and then jumped her again. we fell to the ground again, Sam groaning.
"do you have to do that every time I say Harry." I was franticly looking around for the phone, to frantic to reply to her comment.
"Scarlett!" Sam screamed as I was already crawling towards the phone. she pulled my leg, making me let out a puff of air when I hit the ground.
she crawled next to me. "this will happened anyway." she said. she got my phone and then sat on top of me.
"yes, I tripped yes." Sam said casually. "well I better not give Scarlett the phone, she's on the ground right now." I tried to get Sam off me but it wouldn't work.
"the reason I'm calling you." Sam looked down at me. "Scarlett loves you." she told him. I rolled my eyes.
"like he didn't know that!" I raised my voice. Sam placed her finger in front of her lips saying I had to be quiet.
"she doesn't want to get in a relationschip with you, because she thinks you're too good for her." this gave me enough anger to make me able to throw her off of me. she yelped.
I wasn't sure why I was angry. Maybe the fact she told him about it and I didn't. Or maybe that she didn't listen to me, asking about this important thing. "I hate you!" I screamed. I got my coat and ran out the door.
I heard weak apologies from Sam, but I didn't believe them, none of them. I would never believe Sam anymore. she ruined me.
I ran towards the mall. the business gave me a weird kind of calmness. I got to a small corner. I sat down and a tear slipped out of my eye. I sniffed wipping it away. I wouldn't let myself cry about this.
I saw an old music store, I walked inside. the man behind the counter was old, and a sweet expression was on his face. I looked around.
"do you sell any guitars here?" I asked him. he nodded his head pointing to a set of guitars. An electric guitar and an acoustic guitar. I picked up the acoustic one. I got a small amplifier and then walked outside. After paying of course.
I placed the amplifier on the ground and attached the guitar to it. I strummed a few tunes, the guitar sounded well. I started to play, getting lost in the music.
I played a few songs of Sam's album and people started to gather around. People recognized me and started filming me. Not a while later I saw someone with a real camera filming me. I just continued singing and playing.
I saw one reporter who saw trying to push through the crowd, when she finally came in the front I cut off my song. I motioned for her to give me her mic and she did it all to eagerly.
"uhm... hi" I said a bit awkwardly. "thanks for coming here," I started and the camera men filmed me.
"I just- no- I uhm..." I wasn't good at these kind of things. "I want to dedicate the next song, to all my fans and the ones who loved me and supported me." that's not a bad start.
"I might not be the best idol to have, because I make a lot of mistakes, like we all do, and I mess up, a lot." this isn't going so well. "and I want to thank you for looking behind that, as you kept supporting me... this one is for you." I gave the reporter her mic back and started to strum a tune.
" You don't understand. I want this as much as you do.
You don't understand. You're making this too hard for me. "
I sang the song about my feelings about Harry. The way he was unreachable. the way I kept rejecting him, the way I kept pushing him away, making up false excuses so he wouldn't try anything on me.
yet with every little thing he did, he made me feel special. Like he was actually trying. when I finshed I smiled, I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to smile, or if it was fake. I saw someone push through the pack of people roughly.
when the person finally was in front of the crowd I let the guitar drop, from shock? surprise, maybe even happiness. or I was afraid. But when I saw Harry, I froze and went numb.
"Scarlett." he said, I looked at him, afraid he would touch me and make me give into him. He neared me slowly.
"I saw you on the news." he said scratching the back of his head.
"oh" was my reply. he came closer, taking slow steps, afraid to scare me off. and honestly, I wanted to sprint away and hide. Run away form my problems, I seemed to be good at that.
"I went to your house." he told me. "You weren't there, Sam was." he took another step closer still not able to touch me. "I jumped in my car, the moment I knew you weren't there."
he took another step closer, and if he streched his arm out, he would be able to touch me. for some reason this frightened me, I wanted to step away. "I heard on the radio you were here." he took another step closer, I looked at him nervously.
the crowd around us had gotten quiet as the reporters filmed, a few other people were filming the whole thing too. "so I came here, and I saw this huge crowd." he told me, another step closer. he would be able to cup my face by now. I let out a shaky breath, my eyes followed his movements closely.
"why did you come?" I asked him, my voice wasn't steady and he noticed. he took another step closer and the noses of our feet were touching now. I took deep breaths, looking into his eyes.
"you don't have to be afraid." he cooed, his hand raised and my heart beat sped up as I followed his hand nervously. he placed it slowly on my cheek, while keeping eye contact. his thumb started to stroke my cheek.
"I know." I whispered. I heard someone ask what I said. I heard a few people ask what was going on.
"then why are you afraid? I could never hurt you." I tried to look away from Harry, but his hand on my face kept me from doing that.
"I'm afraid that you would leave me." I whispered, not being able to speak louder then this. as my voice was shaky and unsteady. "when you figure me out." a smile broke onto his face.
"I already figured you out Scar, you're the girl who likes to write songs, who tried not to judge people but fails miserably, the girl who laughs at my bad jokes, who forgives anyone without a seconds thought, who lets eldery stand in front of her in a qeueu." I smiled sadly, a tear leaving my eye.
"I wish I could be as cheesy as you." I told him. "because you're trying so hard, and I'm here rejecting you everytime. and you come back and try again over and over again. I'm selfish."
"no. no" he said. "the only selfish thing you have done is steal my heart and never gave it back."
"like I said cheesy." this made him laugh. A few people behind him too, but people quickly shushed them.
"I love you Scarlett." he nodded sadly, and he knew that my reply wouldn't include the word love.
"like Harrison Ford said. I know, and I..." I didn't know how to finish my sentance. Harry's hand dropped from my face. he gave me a sad smile, not walking away.
I felt stupid. I shouldn't reject him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. he was taken by surprise but kissed me back after he knew I was actually kissing him. People cheered behind us.
it was a short, sweet kiss. where our lips moved together. his hands found their way to my hips and he held me tightly. I pulled back.
"and I... I love you too Harry."