Chapter 18 Hold Me Tight

Niall and I rushed into the hosptial. I ran to the reception, Niall following behind me. "Harry Styles and Alex Parker." I told a man at the desk. he looked up.
"name please? I can't let random people inside of Harry Styles' room." he told me. and I understood, but I got mad. because he was my friend- kind of, and if I wanted to see him I had the right to.
"I'm Scarlett Greenwoods!" I said raising my voice. "and if I want to see him, I've got the right to see him." I glared at the man, who seemed taken back.
"the Scarlett Greenwoods?" he asked surprised. I nodded my head, not really sure how to react to people recognizing me.
"he's in room 364, but I've just heard he went into surgery, because it was pretty bad when he came in. I heard because things like that go around rather fast. Specially when they're famous." he said, his eyes wide.
"we'll go there then, thank you, and I'm sorry for raising my voice at you." I gave him a small smile and then as fast as I could I ran towards the stairs. I took two steps at the time, and by the time I was on the third level I was out of breath.
but I didn't care, I ran towards the first room. 30, I ran down the hallway looking at every room number. Harry's room was the last one on this floor. I opened the door.
there wasn't a bed in here, there was nothing in here. only a monitor, and three chairs. a white table and a little tiny TV screen.
if Harrry had to stay here for long it must going to be frustrating and boring for him. Niall came in a few minutes after me, not out of breath like I had been.
"took the lift." he explained. he grinned at me. How could he smile, knowing his best friend was in surgery.
I felt tears run over my cheeks and saw a few tears roll down Niall's too. he sat down next to me, but as soon as he sat I sprung up starting to pace around.
we waited for hours, or it might have felt like hours. Niall told me he would go look for a near by hotel and sleep. he told me I should sleep too, that waiting was useless. But I wouldn't leave Harry alone.
I was alone, I was cold, I was warm. so when the doors opened I jumped up surprised. two nurses rolled a bed inisde. a horrible looking Harry was on it. his hair was a mess, he was really pale, and there were bags under his eyes, he had bruises all over his fcae, on his arms and many scratches they cleaned up. he had a bandage around his head. he had a bandage on his arm.
I frowned and quickly sat down beside his bed. I took his cold pale hand in mine. His eyes were open and his bright green eyes looked into mine. he smiled slightly.
"Scarlett." he whispered, his hand raised for my face but I shook my head.
"don't move Harry, you might hurt yourself. I don't want you to hurt youself." I gave his hand a light squeeze, affraid I would hurt him if I squeezed too hard.
"I won't hurt myself more then I already have." he said, and I smiled through my tears. he gave me this long stare, it probably meant something, but I couldn't make anything from this.
"actually Sam should be here." he said to me. I frowned, I knew it. Samanatha would always be better and more beautiful and more perfcet. "yet you're here, and I'm happy that you're here instead of her." he seemed to be honest about this.
"y-you're serious? but she's your girlfriend.. and I-I'm." I wasn't sure what to say. he was the first person to tell me he liked me better then Samantha, while knowing us both. Of course Niall and Luke and Alex and the whole crew had told me that. but they didn't know Samantha.
Harry knew Samantha, he loved Samantha. and he's here telling me he likes me better then her.
"you're Scarlett, and that's enough for me." when he told me this I felt something in my stomach, It was a weird sickening feeling. but at the same time it didn't feel bad, it felt good.
"and you're Harry, that's what made me come. You made me worried sick, are you alright? do I need to get you some water, something to eat, or do you want to sleep, I can leave if you want to, or I can stay if you want-"
"no, it's alright, everything's alright now you're here." A peaceful smile found it's way on his face. the weird feeling tingled inside my stomach again.
"it seems like you're dying." I said seriously, but Harry didn't take it serious and laughed. I was really concerned about him.
"I'm not dying Scar." Scar, he called me Scar, and I liked the way he called me Scar. Like my nickname was made for him to say. with his slow accent, with his low raspy voice.
"I like it when you call me Scar." I told him, I didn't look at him, I was looking at his pale bruised fingers. there were dark spots all over his fingers.
"I like it when you call me Harry." he whispered soflty, it was like we couldn't talk loudly. like we would wake people, yet we were the only ones in the room.
"I'm sorry," I finally said. "I already felt bad about your trip, if I would've told you, there maybe wouldn't have happened anything, if I hadn't told you about Alex' camera, you might have left earlier and nothing had happened. if I didn't decline your offer about me going with you, I could've warned you or I was at least be lying next to you right now. or I was driving and nothing had happened to you."
"that are what ifs Scar, you can only look back now and find thousands of reason why it should be your fault. but it isn't your fault, and it never will be. I'm happy I'm still alive." I knew he was right, but what if one of those things did or didn't happen, it should've changed a thing.
"I'm happy you're alive too, you gave me a heart attack." I placed my hand over my chest making Harry laugh, then he started couging. I jumped up, I got a glass and poured some water, I got this weird carton bowl and held it out in front of Harry.
he stopped coughing and I was relived. "you scared me. again." I scolded him jokingly. he got the glass of water out of my hands and took a tiny sip.
"you're alright now? or do I have to get a nurse or something?" I asked him, my heart was still beating loudly in my chest and my eyebrows were still raised in a concer.
"I'm alright." he told me, his hand took a hold of mine and he held my hand tightly. I turned towards him and he smiled. his hand reached for my face and I bend down so he could reach my face.
he whipped his thump over my cheeks as he whiped a few tears from my cheeks. "you alright?" he asked me, he asked it sweetly a slight smile on his face. I nodded my head.
"I'm alright, I'm fine, but don't scare me like that ever again. otherwise I will push the nurse button." Harry laughed again, this time not almost chocking while coughing.
"I scared you? why?" he asked, I sat down again, his hand was in mine again. but he pulled back making my hand fall on the bed. I pulled my hand away, he took my hand and placed it back on the bed, he then placed his big, large, huge, mega hand over mine.
"be-becasue I was affraid you would die, well not die, but maybe something was wrong, like extremely wrong. Like it would hurt you." his fingers had laced themselves with mine.
my answer made Harry smile. "you care for me." he stated, I nodded my head, knowing very well he was right. "I care for you too Scar. just so you know. if you were the one in my place, I would be freaking out, trying not to show it and I would fail really badly." I laughed at him, he was trying to cheer me up.
I looked down at our fingers, and suddenly realized. this was wrong. I pulled my hand back, Harry's eyes shot up to mine. "we can't do that, you're Samantha's boyfriend." I said.
"she lied to me, about you, she isn't my girlfriend." he seemed to be mad at Samantha.
"she never lied to you, you never asked about Scarlett, and you love her Harry, you will talk about this and then you'll see how much she loves you and how much you love her." Why was I helping Samantha. I was supposed to be mad at her.
"I don't want to love her. But I know I do." Harry smiled a weak, tired and sad smile. "but I'll talk to her, and we'll see where it'll leads us." I felt something in my chest again. I didn't want them to be together. then why did I help her? then why didn't I like the thought of them together?
"you should go to sleep." I told him, Harry nodded in agreement. and before I knew it he fell asleep. I pulled the chair back against the wall and tried to get as comfortable as possible and then tried to sleep.
but I couldn't, I was thinking about Harry, Alex, Niall, Luke, Samantha. about everything. I was really tired, yet I couldn't sleep. at some point I must have fallen asleep because I was woken up by a nurse coming into the room.
"I'm sorry." she said. she coughed trying to get our attention. Harry was still asleep, so she went to wake him. when he finally woke up he frowned at the nurse.
his eyes looked into the room, quickly, like he was looking for someone. when his eyes found me he smiled. he found what he was looking for. I stretched yawning.
"I'm sorry to wake you both, but we've come with bad news."the nurse was young and she seemed affraid to bring this news. "Harry won't be able to move his left leg again." this seemed to suck out every ounce of air inside of me.
"what!" I jumped up. "his leg can't move anymore?!" I came closer towards her cornering her. "you're a damned hospital, do something."
"he won't be able to move his leg anymore, but, because mr. Styles is an important person we've found a special project, that might give him movement to his leg back." she said in a shaky voice. I breathed in and out heavily.
"can you please leave!" I snapped at her. the nurse was gone before I knew it. "how- this can't be happening. they have to find something. this project has to work, it has too" I was running a hand through my hair and was pacing around.
I looked at Harry, he was watching me carefully. "why aren't you mad, this is their fault, they should've done something." I pointed to the now closed door.
"it's not their fault." he said calmly. "we just need to believe this project is going to work." Harry said with a sad smile.
"believe? it needs to work, it must work. they can't go around giving us a bit of hope and then it's not working it- it." I was nearing Harry's bed and broke down crying on the ground. I held my head in my hands and cried. I cried my eyes out.
at some point I must have gotten up, because Harry pulled me into his arms, I was laying onto the bed, my head on his chest as I could hear his heart beat beating fast. I felt tears drip onto my head. and we laid there silently both crying, me in Harry's arms.
"we will get through this, together."