Chapter 13 Insecurities

"so this is were people can see me?" I asked them as we stopped in front of the stadium. Niall grinned at Alex, Luke seemed a bit lost.

"what have you guys in mind?" Luke asked the two. they turned towards him, like they had forgotten about Luke. which would be a bit weird because he's the reason I'm with them now.

"she's going to sit in the audience and maybe we can call her on stage or something, I'm not sure, we can just push her into the queue." Niall shrugged.
"but guys you know I can't" I frowned, were they this reckless? Luke didn't know about me singing backstage.
"You want to see Luke preform right?" Niall gave me a knowing look. I knew what he meant, I could watch until the main act started. There was enough time between the opening act and the main act for me to run backstage and get ready. Besides, Sam would only show up in the middle of the show and the end.
"alright." I agreed, surprising them. But I had to get out of my comfort zone. I had been hiding behind Sam all the way, and I probably will even if I go out tonight. But one time can't hurt right?
"Alex can come with me right? he doesn't need to perform." Alex seemed to be excited about this. Niall seemed the give him this look that said no, but Alex begged Luke and Niall.
"we can let you inside now, that's around." Niall looked at his phone. "around two hours before the fans come in." I shrugged taking Alex' hand and leaving the car. we were at the front of the stadium, or at least that's what I assume, because it was crowded here.
"I'll inform the guards, just say you're Scarlett Greenwoods and he'll let you in." Niall smiled at me. "I will send a text when we've arranged things with the guards."
I was really insecure. Niall shut the door and Alex and I were left on our own. "this is so not going to work." I told Alex who just laughs it off.
"we just need to find a guard and it will be alright. You're the oldest here, act like it." I straightened my posture, making Alex laugh again.
"I've got a lot on my mind right now." I pointed to my face. "first we'll wait for Niall's text." I took out my phone, Niall had my phone number right? oh gosh he doesn't have my phone number. see it's already going wrong.
"chill Scarlett, he's got my phone number." Alex showed me this really old phone making me laugh really hard. Alex crossed his arms over his chest.
"I'm so getting you a new phone." as I said it his phone buzzed and he got a text. he nodded to me saying Niall texted.
I took Alex' hand and we walked past the queue looking for a guard. I wasn't paying attention and bumped into a girl. she looked at me wide eyed.
"I'm so sorry." I told her, she was around my age. When she looked me over she smiled at sweet smile.
"it doesn't matter." she said placing a hand on my shoulder speaking sweetly. "I guess someone as fit as you has a lot on her mind." the girl batted her eyelashes.
"yeah." I said awkwardly. she took a step closer, making Alex laugh. well almost, he tried really hard to keep it to himself.
"I'll hope to see you around." she gave my shoulder a pat and her hand 'slipped'and she touched my breast. my breast! she walked off leaving me shocked and Alex laughing.
"she was- she just touched... my... my." I was at lost for words about what just had happened.
"I told you, you.." He had to laugh again. "you're fit." he managed to get out, I glared at him walking away angrily.
"oh come on Scarlett, it was funny." I turned around a smile on my face and we both laughed. Alex pocked my side.
"l-look." he said between heavy breaths from laughing. "a guard." he caught his breath. I saw the guard he was pointing at.
"hello." I smiled sweetly at the guard. he had a cold stare. "I'm Scarlett Greenwoods." I told him. he wore black and had his arms crossed.
he mumbled "hrmps" or something like that and then let us in with a tight nod. Alex and I stepped inside, there were other guards walking around, but not as much as there were in front of the back stage door.
"this way." a nice looking lady told us. We thanked her by nodding. we walked that way and we only followed the arrows after that stepping inside of the stadium. there was this catwalk thing and we stood close to it, but we could still clearly see the stage.
"so you're going to run off as soon as 5 Seconds Of Summer leaves the stage?" he asked, I shook my head.
"I'll take it slowly. I'm just going to ask one of these lads to pull me over the fence, I can find my way after that." there were people standing in front of the stage, arms crossed, green jumpers on.
"how do you know they're going to pull you over the fence?" he asked.
"If I say I'm unwell, they'll do that. It's always like that, not only at Sam's concert but at most concerts. And I've seen it happen at the One Direction concert before."
"how long do we have to wait?" Alex asked.
"around an hour or a bit more for the fans and then two hours before 5 Seconds Of Summer." Alex nodded.
"you're going to talk to the fans right?" Alex asked. I agreed with an unsure nod. Out of my comfort zone, I told myself. I needed to calm down and not be paranoid.
we waited, Alex talked about how he and Niall got closer, about his mother getting better and she might get out of the hospital in a few weeks. I was sad to hear that because that meant Alex would leave.
I know that's selfish of me to think. Yes I'm happy his mum is well, but I just hope we won't lose contact after that happens.
after that the fans came, after I saw the first fans walk into the stadium my nerves stared to kick in. My stomach felt tight, I started to breath heavily. Alex placed a hand on my shoulder.
"calm Scarlett. calm, nothing is going wrong and if something does, which it doesn't then you can always leave." he told me reassuringly. I smiled a weak smile.
I didn't want to leave, I would feel weak, I would let my friends down. I could do this. "what if my make-up runs out?" I asked. "gosh I sound like a real girl." making Alex laugh.