Chapter 17 Forgiving Is Easy

after I came back form our trip to the park, Harry was standing in front of my door. he had his hands in his pockets and looked up when he heard me coming. I wanted to turn around but Harry's voice stopped me.
"Scarlett." he whispered. He said my name like he had never said it before, like my name was something not to take for granted.
"mr Styles." I said mocking him. I turned back around looking him in the eye, but I couldn't he was looking down at the ground. Like he felt guilty. I shook my head and laughed coldy.
"you don't expect me to run into your arms after what happened between us." I told him. He looked up, his eyes were a bit red and I realized he had been crying.
"I know." he said soflty, his voice sounded fragile. his green eyes were shining and I knew he could be crying any minute from now. I also knew I didn't want him to cry, I didn't want him to cry because I wouldn't be able to bear it.
"I'm sorry Scarlett." he didn't move, I didn't either. we just looked at each other. I didn't know what we felt, or what I felt. but I knew I felt a connection with Harry. Samantha had been playing us both.
"why are you sorry." I asked him. I wanted to hear it, I wanted to hear it from him. Why he was sorry, why I had enough reasons to hate him. Yet I don't.
"Because I've been treating you horribly, and I only see now how horrible I've been. I'm so sorry Scarlett." his big eyes stared into mine as a silent tear rolled down his cheek. A silent scream for forgiveness. now that, sounds weird.
"so this has nothing to with the fact I came on stage the other night, or that I changed my appearance."
"no." and I believed him. maybe it was the fact I knew more about him then I knew about myself. Or the pleading look in his eyes. But I knew it was none of that. It was the honesty in his voice.
"alright, you're forgiven I guess." he seemed surprised by my answer. "I've no reason to hate you, you didn't play me and I'm not mad. so you're forgiven." a smile appeared on his face, lighting up his whole face.
then he attacked me in a hug. He hugged me tightly burring his face in the crook of my neck, he was taller then me, much taller so he had to bend down. a lot.
"now don't kill me." I joked, he pulled back holding my face in his hands. He looked at my face, like watching my every feature, like he wanted to remember exactly how I looked like.
his face looked really serious while doing this, and my face must have been giving his face a weird look. he pulled his hands back, he had huge hands, like almost my whole face was cupped by his huge, big, large, mega hands.
"again I'm sorry, and I'm going to make it up to you."
"but I already forgave you." I reasoned, not wanting him to make it up to me. like what is he going to do? buy me flowers and take me on dates. I'm sorry but that's not how I roll.
"but I want to make it up to you, I've been horrible to you, you shouldn't even be forgiving me this easily." his eyes looked pleading.
"but I did forgive you, and it was rather easy." this made his laugh fill the empty hallway. he smiled at me warpped his arms around my shoulder.
"tomorrow I'll take you out, a whole day just you and me." he looked down the hallway, looking at nothing in particularly.
"no thanks." I removed his arm from my shoulder and walked towards the door. "you're forgiven Harry." I said as I closed the door behind me.
the next morning I woke up. and this morning everything was different. first thing that happened. I woke up clearly remembering everything, not being a bit sleepy. but I was clear as glass and as sharp as a knife.
secondly, Alex was going to leave today. which I didn't want to happen. Niall and I would drive him to New York.
third. Harry and I didn't hate each other, not that I'd ever hate him, but he asked for forgiveness which I gave him.
fourth. Flora was coming back on tour today. the father of her child had recovered and when he saw his baby he wanted to be a part of the family.
fifth this is the second moring I wake up disliking Samantha.
sixth People know me. apperently I've got a fandom dedicated to me.
I got up, brushed my hair, and put on make-up. this was my moring routine now. I ate a slice of bread and then started up my laptop.
I opened google chrome, and typed in. Scarlett Greenwoods. there appeard many results. I looked at the pictures of me. there were so many pictures of me, I saw pictures of me with Luke, with Niall and Alex.
even before the concert there were pictures of me. I found a few pictures from when I was younger, and all kinds of pictures. I had a wikipedia page. They said I was the voice and Samantha the face. That the reason I was with her on tour was becasue I sang back-stage.
they all had different stories. but they all led to one thing. me being Samantha's voice. They found out I wrote the songs, and said Samantha didn't do a thing for the fame she has.
I found out there were fanfictions about me, I even found one about me and Luke. there was also merchandise with my face on it. It was all really creepy.
I went on twitter, where I hadn't been on for a week. and I saw it had blown up. people begging me to follow them. people having my name in their Twitter name. it was all weird, everything was weird.
hello guys, I'm going to try and follow some of you back
I tweeted and started to follow people I thought were fans of me. I followed a few people who had blogs about me. who were tweeting pictures of me, and everything.
people started thanking me for my follows, and more people begged me to follw them. I followed a few more people and then left my room.
Alex would leave today. I felt a bit bad about that, I felt sad, not bad, sad. I opened my door and wanted to step out, but something on the ground in front of my door held me from doing that.
I picked it up. It was a large box. I opened it, not reading the card that was attached to it. Inside of the box were two things. A necklace and a card.
to prove I'm not completly stupid. A kangeroo egg.
I carfully picked up the necklace. the pendant was an egg. I actually had to laugh. I knew this was from Harry, who else would buy me this.
I laid the box inside and decided I should put on the necklace. when I arrived in the loby, Alex and Niall were already there. Niall was hugging Alex tightly. Harry was there too, he would be driving Alex away they changed the plan last minute.
"you're a big boy, you know that right?" Niall asked that making Alex stuck his tongue out at him. He gave him another hug and then a small box. Alex opened it and found a bracelet in there. it was a leather bracelet. there were letters in the bracelet.
and A, an N and an S. Alex sniffeled and then hugged Niall again. "thank you, I'll miss you so much." he pulled back. I knelt down by Alex, he looked at me, I was now a bit smaller then him
he hugged me too. I gave him my present. It was an old camera, and inside of the box was also a picture. Of us yestereday, the one with us laughing our heads off.
"to remember us." I told him, he looked at the picture. a tiny tear rolled over his cheek and he sobbed quietly. I hugged him too.
"don't cry." I whispered into his ear. "you're a brave boy, and you don't deserve to cry, you're to good for that." I told him. he nodded his head, a tiny smile on his face,
"thanks Scar, you're the best friend I could ever wish for." I smiled at him. he took the old camera in his hands. and I hoped he wouldn't use if before he left.
there was cheque in there. one from 1 milion euros. that way his mother and him could get a descent life. I knew he would never accept it.
Harry told us Alex should be leaving. "you can go with us if you want." Harry told me and Niall.
"we decided it's better not to." Harry nodded in understanding. they walked towards the car. Alex got in, and before Harry could step in I stopped him.
"make sure he gets home save, and that he doesn't open his camera." Harry nodded, he opened his mouth to ask why but then shook his head and got inside the car.
"be save Alex." I said. "you too Harry." And I meant it. they drove away. after they left it was quiet. Niall held me, I was crying. everything felt cold, and numb.
we were at this empty parking lot, it was at the back entrance. security told us we could have a quiet goodbye here. and he was right. it seemed like everything was dead here. it felt like death.
it felt miserable. "I didn't want him to go." I whispered.
"I didn't want him to go either, I already miss him." I suddenly got a bad feeling about this, about everything. Alex shouldn't have left, what if he ends up in a crappy house without going to school every day.
but that wasn't it. it was something else. I had the feeling he wasn't save. Both of them weren't. I went back to my room, not telling Niall a thing about this.
but later that day, somewhere in between eleven and twelve I knew why I felt bad. why I felt scared, and I had all the reasons to be scared.
"hello." I said cheerily as I picked up the phone.
"hello." a serious yet dull voice replied. "we've got bad news for you, I'm talking with Scarlett Greenwoods right?" the woman asked.
"yes, that's me. what's wrong?" I asked concerned, who was this woman? how did she get my number? the bad nasty feeling returned to my stomach.
"we've called becasue Alex Parker has been hospitalized together with Harry Styles, the only two people we could call from Alex' phone were you and a boy call Niall Horan."
"what!" I almost shouted. "what has happened? are they going to be okay? what can I do? I can contact Niall if you want me too, I can contact anyone? what happned?" I was freaking out again, my heart beating faster.
I knew something was going to happen. something bad, but this is worse then bad. this is horrendous. I was already pulling on my jakcet and my boots. I pushed open the door and tried to find Niall's.
"they were in a car crash. The boy should be waking up tomorrow and is going to be fine. But the older boy, he's not that lucky, the other car hit his side." the woman informed me.
"which hospital do I have to be, is there anything else I can do?" I asked. I found Niall's door, I started knocking really loudly. Niall wouldn't come outside.
"no I'm sorry ma'am, we'll try our best to give them the best help we can." she told me. "at the local hospital of New York," she said.
Niall finally opened the door, he seemed to have just gotten out of bed. "what is going on?!"he asked a bit angrily.
"thank you, we'll be there." Niall forwned at me. "Niall." I tried to breath normally, but I was only taking short breaths. "Harry and Alex are in hospital. we need to go now." Niall's eyes widened and he didn't seem that sleepy anymore.
he got his own coat and we ran outside. Niall was wearing brown slippers and he was in his pajama. I was in my own pajams too. which contisted of shorts and a white shirt.
We got in the car, and we were driving an hour drive towards New York. "what has happened?" Niall was panicking, just like I was.
"car crash." and suddenly I felt a pain in my heart. It suddenly dawned to me, Harry could be dying.
There could be something terribly wrong with Harry. I just realized that I felt pain in my chest because Harry could be gone. Harry could be gone, that thought made me miserable. Maybe the reason I forgave him that easily was because I cared for him.
"god, Harry is in danger."