Chapter 14 A Huge Mess

After Sam jumped on stage I felt good again. Everything felt good, it was like those nerves in my stomach had never been there. Just before Sam had to go on stage again Alex told me he was going to get some water.
for some reason this made the nerves come straight back again. Like something was going to happen to him.
the first tunes of the song began and I started to sing. but I wasn't even at the second line when everything went wrong.
the curtain that separated me from the stage rose. I kept on singing, as I didn't know what else to do. slowly the stage came into view, followed by the crowd.
I kept on singing and Sam noticed me, her microphone dropped and she stopped singing, I didn't. I knew I couldn't stop singing. I was afraid, I was freaking out, but from outside everything seemed fine.
my heart was beating really hard, and my hands were sweaty. Niall smiled and pulled me onto the stage, I gave him the what-is-going-on look, he just smiled back.
the boys noticed me, they were all startled, everybody was shocked. but I kept on singing, looking at the fans. I saw Penny looking at me wide eyed.
so this is how it feels like to be on stage. Nervous as hell, but it didn't feel bad. It felt good in some way, I felt relieved. Like this was right, like all of this was okay.
we almost finished the song, until the microphone was ripped out of my hands and the music stopped. Sam was looking furious.
"what do you think you're doing?" Sam was fuming, almost bursting from anger. her eyes shot glares at me.
"I... I..." I hadn't planned this, this wasn't my fault. I'm sorry. I couldn't say this, because it was my fault. I could've stopped singing, I could have ran away.
but I didn't do it, and it seemed to dawn to me that I didn't. because I didn't want to. I felt horrible after realizing this. "I'm so sorry." I said. I got closer.
"don't even try." Sam spat at me. "you're the worst friend ever, you never do anything for me, you're a horrible person." she crossed her arms over her chest.
I felt uncomfortable, the gaze of 50.00 people were on us. I couldn't feel more bad about this. Sam must feel betrayed. "I'm sorry Sam, I didn't want this to happen." I begged her. "I'm a horrible friend, and I don't know how this could have happen." I wanted her to believe me so badly.
"friend?" she laughed coldly. "friends listen to their friends. Friends don't make their friend do things they don't want to. you're no friend of mine, friends don't betray each other like you have done!" Sam spat.
"no!" I said desperate, forgetting about the people around us. "Sam, I listened, I have always listened to you, I've never let you do anything you didn't want to." I begged desperately. "please."
"you were never a friend of mine." Sam said coldly, also forgetting about the people around us. "I don't need you, I can survive on my own."
"yes, I know that. it's just that I can't survive without you, you're my best friend, you're a true friend you would never lie to me." I felt lost. this shouldn't be happening, this can't be happening. it's like everything is falling apart.
"you jealous bi.tch." She then attacked me, digging her nails into me. she made me knocked me over onto the ground. people quickly rushed towards us. Niall got Sam off of me by pushing her harshly onto the ground.
I scrambled backwards afraid. "get your hands off my girlfriend." Harry said angrily. looking Niall straight in his eyes.
"back off!" I felt irritated by Harry, he couldn't just be angry at my friends if they only want to protect me.
"we should take this back stage." Liam said. he pushed us behind stage. Zayn and Louis left behind on stage apologizing, saying they would come back.
"don't say that to me," he looked me over. "you might have gotten pretty, but that doesn't mean you aren't filth, you do nothing." I was confused.
Harry had called me pretty, and insulted me. this was all so messed up. my best friend hates me, 50.00 people are confused, maybe even more, and Niall and Harry are glaring at each other.
"don't say things like that." Niall snapped at Harry. "she does more around here then your girlfriend." I looked at Sam, she was held back by Harry, struggling to get out of his grip.
this was so messed up. "Sam I'm sorry." I begged. "how can I make it up to you?" she shot me another hard glare.
"Why do you care about her, just because she changed her appearance you're all over her now?" Harry mocked Niall.
"hey!" I said defensively. "stop saying things like that. you don't have the right to talk to him like that." Harry's gaze turned towards me, and he looked enraged.
"I don't have the right? you don't have the right to talk to me like that. you horrible piece of sh.it" that's when Harry got knocked to the ground. Sam was free and she jumped me, knocking us both to the ground.
she started scratching me, punching me. I tried to defend myself as much as I could, holding my arms up shielding my face. Liam came rushing towards us, getting Sam off me.
"what's wrong with you?!" Liam asked her furious. she glared at Liam. but Liam didn't seem taken back.
"her, that's what's wrong with me, that slu.t" she pointed at me, I felt tears well up at the corners of my eyes. we went through so much, how did we end up here?
Harry had gotten up and wrapped his arms around Sam. "calm down babe" he whispered in her ear. I rolled my eyes at them. stupid couple.
"come on Scar, you need to be away from each other for a while."