Chapter 22 The Ugly Truth

"I don't avoid you, don't say such absurd things." I finally said. Harry knew he got me right on the spot, or I assumed he did because when I turned around he was smirking.
"oh really?" he came closer.
"Really." He was towering over me and I had to look up to him to be able to look into his eyes.
"then why did you wait in the staircase, hoping for me to leave, am I right?" he knew! he saw me, how did he know.
"now I give you something to think about." he raised his eyebrow. "and you wonder why I'm avoiding you. If you're like that." alright, I might not be avoiding him because of that reason, becasue he could be mean to me. But he didn't need know that.
his eyes filled with fear. "I thought you had forgiven me, I'm so sorry Scarlet, I really am. and like I said before I am going to make it up to you, but it's a bit hard if you avoid me." he was desperate again.
"I have forgiven you, but as much as I like to babble with you." I said sarcastically. "I need to go, my fans need me." and I fled. I was gone before he knew it.
his green eyes in the back of my mind. well not really, he was all I could clearly think about right now. his smile, his eyes, his laugh, his voice, his horrible jokes, him. I gripped onto my hair, pulling slightly.
"stop! stop! stop!." I screamed, if I wasn't alone, people must have thought I was mad. "he could never like you, leave him alone. He has someone better." someone better.
I ran down the stairs, bag clutched to my chest. I wanted to get away as far and as fast as possible. Henry was waiting for me. "there's only been one fan who broke her polse, and more who passed out." he told me. only?! that's not just only. that is one of my fans.
"I'm going to see her, is she still here?" I asked him. He nodded his head.
"but I don't think it's such a good idea to do that. You need to go." I frowned.
"I'll just visit the fan really quickly, please." I begged. he finally agreed by rolling his eyes. and he was my agent? there was no one by the back entrance and we could leave without worries. Henry guided me towards a black car.
"and this shouldn't pull attention?" I asked him raising his eyebrow. Henry chuckled.
"come on now Scarlett, we need to hurry, for your fans." I nodded and I threw my bag into the car quickly followed by myself.
we drove around the hotel, it was still packed. I kept my head low even though the windows were tinted. Maybe they got a way to look through them, I have really no idea.
there was an ambulance and the car hadn't stopped and I was already out of the car. I ran towards the ambulance.
"where's the fan who broke her polse?" I asked one of them, they pointed to this girl who was holding her hand and was sitting on the sidewalk.
she was crying big tears, and a man was next to her, a nurse was looking at her polse. "hello, I'm so sorry." I got closer to the girl. she looked up her eyes full of hope. "hi." I whispered softly.
"I'm Scaerlett." I introduced. I exteneded my hand and with her good arm she shook it.
"H-hi I'm Gemma." just like Harry's sister. I shook the thought of off me and smiled at her.
"I need to go, is there anything I can do for you, anything you just say it." she got a picture with me an autograph and she asked me to sign her phone.
"stay strong Gemma." I told her.
"thank you Scarlett you're my hero, when I grow up I want to be just like you. Selfless." I smiled at her. I didn't feel selfless.
I was avoiding Harry, only becasue I didn't want to be broken. people started hating Samantha because I wanted to loved. I had been lying to my friends, only becasue I didn't want to face the truth.
"can you keep a secret?" she nodded her head eagerly. I came closer whispering in her ear. "you can't tell anyone this okay?" she nodded her head again.
"I like my ex-best friend's boyfriend." I pulled back her eyes wide. "don't tell anyone, I trust you, no one else knows this except you, not even my real friends."she nodded her head then I ran away.
"what did you tell her?" Henry asked. I just gave him a small smile hiding everything I just told her.
"we need to go." I said. so we drove off. I screamed to all my fans they should be save and that I loved them. this night had been crazy. It didn't even feel real.
"I'll drive you till Washington where your next concert will be." my next concert. how is that going to work? am I going to preform? is Samantha going to perfrom? how will the fans react, I have no idea.
"how did you end up as my agent?" I asked Henry. he didn't look at me or anything, he just smiled, a small smile formed on his lips.
"I wanted to become your agent, they needed an agent for you, and I really wanted the job." I was confused, why did he want to be my agent? I'm messed up.
"why would you want to become my agent, there are better artists out there." I told him.
"I don't doubt that." that made me smile, he wasn't an agent who would go around and lie to me, who would give me compliments to get more money or what ever.
"but you seemed unique to me, I heard the story about Samantha and you. and I wondered, why would you give such an important thing up, just to help your friend." I never gave anything up, I never had anything to give up in the first place.
"you are selfless Scarlett, you probably don't see it, but everyone else does. That boy of yours does too." Harry.
"Luke is his name right?" how did he know about Luke? How could I even think it was Harry, it wouldn't be Harry. he was dating Samantha.
"we're not dating, we're just friends." I told him. I received a quiet oh from Henry before he continued.
"anyway, Samantha wasn't selfless, she wanted all the fame only to herself. she was afraid this would happen. I heard them discussing about kicking you out, after the contract expired. but they can't do that now."
"but- but, Samantha's my friend. or was, she- I'm not sure." I looked down fumbling with my thumbs. Would she really have done such thing?
"I got intrigued by you, you didn't care about the fame, that's something not many people have. you didn't get greedy, I wanted to be an agent for someone like you." I almost felt teary.
"I feel really happy about that, even though I don't agree on me being selfless, I'm not really, but thank you Henry." Henry laughed.
"ahw come on Scarlett, you'll be fine." he told me. I knew I could be fine, if I let myself be fine. but I didn't let myself be fine.
I wanted Samantha to be my friend, I wanted Harry to be my friend, I wanted to be honest to the people close to me, I wanted to be true to my fans. And I could do that easily.
I could just talk to Harry, ignore the pain. It would be fine after some time. Samantha and I could talk, I could let her use me, and we would be friends. I could tell Luke and Niall about everything. but I didn't.
I got a text message. it was Harry. I could just simply answer, then it would be fine, it could be fine. But it was Harry and the thought he even texted me made my heart leap.
another reason for me not to answer. He is Samantha's, not that I could have a chance. right I don't have a chance, so why not answer.
Harry
Scarlett I'm sorry, I really am please talk to me.
I didn't know what to reply. like, should I tell him it was fine. But that would be a lie, It wasn't fine. I lied to Luke, so why couldn't I lie to Harry.
Scarlett
Don't be sorry Harry. Nothing is your fault.
I knew it wasn't the best reply. But I didn't know better. would he think I'm stupid now? I shouldn't have replied that way. I'm stupid and Harry will think so too. I felt my phone buzz again.
Harry
I will be saying sorry until you forgive me. Are you saying it's your own fault? because if you do, believe me it's not
I didn't reply. I didn't want to lie. I had already forgiven him, I actually had forgotten how I felt when he called me names. I could only recall the feeling I felt when I saw Samantha in his arms the other day.
"who are you texting?" Henry asked me, I actually didn't want to answer, not wantig to speak his name. I make him sound like Voldemort now.
"just a friend." I shrugged. I could just lie saying it was Luke. a lie, I hate lying but it seems like I've been doing that way too much lately.
"It doesn't seem like just a friend. You've been looking worried and biting your lip the whole time you've been staring at your phone." I didn't notice I did that.
"It's just someone, I don't want to talk about it," I looked down at my lap. "I don't need to talk about him, I can't talk about him." why was I talking to Henry like I knew him for ages. Maybe becasue he was really honest to me.
" if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you."