Chapter 23 Stage Drama

I was pacing around. back and forth back and forth. Samantha was in the make-up room, half an hour before the show, like it was planned. I was pacing back and forth back and froth.
I was nervous, more then nervous. "Scarlett, where are you!" someone screamed angrily. I jumped.
"I'm here." I squeaked. I saw George walking towards me. I smiled when I saw him, I hugged him tightly but he didn't hug back.
"what's wrong?" I frowned. I was happy to see him, I hadn't been talking to him since Niall and I became friends. Just a brief conversation here and there.
"I'm so happy for you." A smile broke onto his face. " but why didn't you tell me." He raised both his eyebrows and then started tapping his foot.
"why are you happy for me?" I asked him, I wasn't sure why he would be happy. Because I had more then one friend?
"do you know why I came here." he seemed really excited. "because I had to get you, for the make-up So I asked the producer why and he was all grumpy saying the fans wanted you on stage. so now you share the show with Samantha." I looked at him in unbelieve.
" you're serious? I can preform, for real now." I was really excited. until my excitement died down when the realization came. I would be preforming with One Direction. I would be preforming with Harry.
"what's wrong Scar, this is amazing. I looked you up and you're famous, people love you, you have a whole fanbaze." I was famous because of Samantha, yet everyone disliked her now.
"I can't, I can't just go on stage and preform like everything is alright, she's the pretty one, I'm- I'm." I couldn't find the right words. "I'm me." the right words.
"no!" George said. "Don't say that, those people love you, you're amazing and they know it." I nodded, my brow still frowned. I lied, once again.
"thanks George." I faked a smile. He patted my head and then motioned for me to follow him. he brought me to Flora's room and pushed me inside slightly as I was struggling a bit.
"what is she doing here?" Samantha was glaring holes in me. I took a step back my back crashing into the door.
"I-I need to be here, like... uhm here, the- the make-up place- room." I was struggling, it felt like Samantha had an iron grip on me chocking me and forcing the words and the truth out of me.
"she has to be here, and quick, you need to get on stage in half an hour, less." Flora looked at her watch as she powdered Samantha at the same time.
"watch what you're doing woman!" she snapped irritated as she was looking through a magazine.
"don't talk to her like that." I found my vocie again, and I knew I had been letting Samantha look down on me for too long.
"oh now I'm scared." Samantha said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her. "like, I'm not going to respect her. She works for me."
"stop it Samantha, our fans are right, you're mean, why can't you try to be nice." Flora had stopped powdering Samantha and was now looking at the discussion, or fight. Fight seems so big, like it's wrong.
"Our fans?" Samantha laughed fakely. "those people love me, not you." she got up from her chair. "they came for me, not you." she pushed my chest. "those people don't love you, they hate you."
I felt a pang in my chest. hurt. but I wouldn't show it off, Samantha couldn't have an effect on me. "yet they were screaming my name, not yours, yet the were begging for me, not you, they want me, not you." I was coming closer and with each step I took she took a step back.
"that are more my fans then yours." my face was so close I could feel her breath on my face. she had taken mints.
Samantha didn' know what to say as she sat back in the chair. "finish me." she snapped at Flora. Flora gave me a proud look. and I smiled, it felt like I had beaten the boss in a game. Not that I was better then Samantha.
I had stood up for myself against Samantha. that's a first. I felt strong when I beat her, it felt good. "Scarlett sweety, I need to do your make-up." Flora snapped me out of my daze.
I nodded and sat down on the chair. "what are you going to put on me?" I asked her.
" fauntadtion, blush, mascara, eyeliner and some other things, don't be bothered Scarlett." she gave me a sweet smile and she was about to put on faundation on me but I stopped her by shaking my head.
"no, I only want mascara and eyeliner. Thanks." Flora shurgged and wiped the faundation on a cloths and then started to work on my eyes. when she was finsihed I knew there was more make-up on my face then I had ever worn in my whole life.
I looked in the mirror. like the first time I had worn make-up, I couldn't recognize myself. she had drawn a think line above my eye and my eyelashes looked way longer then they actually were.
"It's me right?" I asked making Flora laugh as she nodded her head.
"you need to go on stage in a few minutes love, Samantha is already getting ready." I nodded my head. " you don't want to change?" she asked, I groaned shaking my head.
I got out of the make-up room and was lookig for someone who could give me a microphone. I got one and they were pushing me towards the stage, but I was struggling. "Wait stop, I'm not sure if I want to-" I was standing on stage already singing the first lines of Day Light.
I was smiling, and the fans started screaming louder when I came on stage. I walked around waving and things like that. this was also the first time I could ask the fans things.
"so what would you like to ask one of us?" I asked this fan, stretching the microphone out to her. sometimes it would go wrong miserable, but sometimes it would go right and it was nice.
"why is Samantha on stage, we don't need her." she asked, I pulled back. I walked towards Samantha, she had to answer this.
"well?" I asked her. "I'm no sure if I can answer that for you, if you want I can try." she was glaring at me.
"well." Samantha said angrily. "I think the fans should choose who they want on stage." she was smirking at me, like she would win this easily.
"uhm.. I'm not sure if that's fair. I mean-"
"surely it's not fair, if you are that sure you're going to lose, you can leave the stage." she pointed an Evil glint in her eyes. I shurgged.
"if that's what you want."
"now when we count till three, everyone who wants me on stage will scream." we counted, a few people screamed.
" you're rubbish Samantha" someone screamed, I looked at Samantha hoping she wouldn't be affected by it.
"now." she was a bit chocked up. "for Scarlett." and we counted again, the fans burst lose, screaming like crazy. and I felt sorry for Samatha. she threw her microphone on the ground and ran away.
"I'm sorry Samantha." I said, looking at her, I couldn't go after her, I couldn't dump the concert. we continued with another song, but after that song we should be singing Brightly, but the tunes were different.
the fans started to scream. " hello Boston." My head wipped around. Niall, I smiled at him and he grinned back.
"here's the wonderful band you might have heard of One Direction." I introduced them, not looking at Harry.
we started to sing Best Song Ever. Harry had to begin, I would sing with the course and a part where Zayn should have sung, It was my solo.
" maybe it's the way she walked,
straight into my heart and stole it "
Harry was standing in front of me, I was trying to get around him, but he wouldn't let me. He was singing to me, I couldn't have this. I needed to get out of his way. as I finally found a gap, his arms closed around my waist.
" Through the doors and past the guards
Just like she already owned it "
his face came nearer as I could feel his breath fan over my face. I turned away and ignored the feeling inside my stomach, the feeling in my chest, the feeling in my head.
he smirked at me and then kissed my cheek, his lips lingering longer then they should have. which was the whole time. I pushed him away, He's Samantha's bofriend. he shouldn't be acting like this around me.
but it doesn't matter, he doesn't like me, so it shouldn't mean anything and it doesn't. He's just trying to make it up to me, nothing more. Then why did it feel like more? because I'm close to loving him.
we ended the song, Harry being, or at least trying to be close to me, I was avoiding him and everyone noticed. The boys, Harry, the fans. or maybe it felt like that, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
"that was amazing." I said a bit nervous. Harry was coming near again. I ran over the catwalk. "don't you think guys." the fans screamed in agreement.
"who's your favorite?" I asked them, I gave the mic to one of the fans. she screamed making me flinch. I was about to take te mic away.
"Harry obviously, he's perfect, with his eyes, his laugh, his smile, his hair, oh I love his hair." the fan said and I bit my lip, knowing I agreed with her.
"who do you like best, like boyfriend materal?" Harry, I answered way to fast. Luckly I don't speak my thoughts out loud.
I got the microphone back. "I would choose Niall." I said laughing. Niall winked at me, he ran over the catwalk.
"oh, now I'm honored." he gave me a hug, making the fans screaming. "I ship Narlett." Niall winked. Niall gave me a kiss on the cheek, not the one Harry had given me. it was short and quick.
"now Niall!" Harry screamed, Harry came towards us, and I wanted to flee again. "you're friends aren't you?" he asked a bit angry. not like you could see his angriness, but it seemed like he could strangle Niall.
"yeah, we're the bestest of friends." Niall swung his arm around me. " jealous." I looked at Niall in unbelieve. Harry clenched his jaw. for Niall this was all a game, but Harry was mad.
"yeah, so I better back off." he spat at Niall. Niall straightened up, knowing now Harry was actually serious.
"stop!" I said, not forgetting I was trying to avoid Harry and this wasn't working when he was acting like this, making my stomach turn itself inside out.
the fans around us had gotten quiet. " please, take this behind the stage, and not on stage. I'm really sorry guys." I said to the fans. "as soon as they get off stage we'll continue." I said.
Niall and Harry were dragged off stage glaring at each other. what were they doing? they were best friends. Harry and Niall couldn't fight about nothing. Harry didn't feel anything for me, and Niall was my friend. I held my finger up.
"I'll be right back"