Chapter 21 Being Loved For Real Now

the last two days have been hard. Like the nurse had said, I could barely walk. It hurt. I was avoiding Harry once again. every time I saw him, I would turn another corner and waited until he passed by.
Samantha and Harry made up, she lied to him, saying she was drunk. But I knew she hadn't been drunk that night. She had been following me the whole day, I never saw her go inside a pub, and when she was that close to me that night, it didn't smell like she drank.
Luke had been complaining to me how I didn't tell him what was wrong. I told him I was tired. Last night we had a performance, Samantha preformed. I stayed backstage, like it used to be.
The last day also appeared a video of me and Luke singing together. The fandom broke lose I tell you. People were fighting each other over social media, saying Samantha was fake.
I didn't like what happened, it made me crawl back into my shell. I hadn't talked to Luke the whole morning, and I wasn't planing on changing that any time soon.
Niall had been supportive since everything happened. We talked about everything. He told me everything was fine with him, but I sometimes wish something bothered him, just so I could help him the way he helped me.
I felt alone again. Maybe this had to do with Harry, or Samantha, maybe the fame or the thing that had happened with Luke. but I felt lonely, and for once I didn't mind being alone.
"Scarlett, you need to get out of your room sometime." I heard an unknown voice scream. It wasn't Niall, becasue it wasn't Irish, it wasn't Luke and it wasn't Harry either.
"who are you." I screamed back. I didn't want unknown men in front of my door. specially if I had to leave soon, because we would be on the road again in a few hours.
"I'm Henry, your agent." the man said. Agent? why did I need an agent? don't they go around protecting people, do I need to be protected? from what!
"why are you here, I'm save you know." this made the man chuckle.
"I'm not that kind of agent, like I belong to the management you have a contract with. You need to have your own agent if you're as famous as you are." I wanted to laugh at him, Famous. I wasn't famous, Samantha was famous.
"why did they send you, I'm not famous." I told him.
"love, there's a huge crowd outside and they're here for you." I wanted to laugh at him, saying he was wrong, completely wrong. People wouldn't wait outside, in the cold for me.
"c-can I look?" I mean of course I can look, but I felt the need to ask him.
"it are your fans. Scars are they called aren't they?" I nodded, not caring he couldn't see me as I got up from my position on the couch and walked towards the window.
I opened the curtrain slowly, afraid the man had been lying. but when I opened my curtain and I was able to see outside I saw a crowd. a huge crowd.
I saw people holding signs. some saying my name, or diffrent ones with Samantha is fake on them, there were police down the streets, I saw an ambulance and people were being carried away. Passed out.
I ran away from the window, towards the door. "why are they there?!" I asked panicked.
"they're here for you Scarlett, they love you like they once loved Samantha." once loved. no! this didn't make sense, she was lovely, she was everything I wasn't.
"they still love her." I protested. Those people loved me, could they love me? the feeling of loneliness disappeared as I started to realize they loved me.
"no one likes liars, you're no liar, you're not greedy, you're modest, you're not selfish you're reasonable." he said in a calm voice. I shook my head.
"but Saman- she's... I'm a liar too, she wasn't alone in this." I said desperately, I wanted to go back in time change everything. That I didn't want the fame, I would hide, people would hate me, think I'm weak.
"you can tell them that, but they won't believe you. Scarlett, you know deep down yourself that I'm right."
"can I meet them? I don't want them to be standing there all alone, I saw people pass out, they have been standing there. for nothing." I spoke that line with a double meaning. Nothing as in they couldn't see me, and nothing as in me being nothing.
"of course you can, we can place some fences outside and you can meet your fans." I opened the door. Henry was a tall man, he had brown grey hair and seemed to be in his fifties. He had grey eyes and a glint was in them from smiling widely at me.
"alright, do that straight away?" Henry wiped out his phone and was gone before I knew it. I never commanded people, so the command came out more like a question then a real command.
not even a minute later Henry came back and told me I could go outside. "shouldn't you change first?" he asked eyeing me up and down.
"nope I'm fine like this." I grinned at him and then walked by him towards the lift. "don't I need a pen or something?" I asked him.
"nah, they'll have pens for you, just grab one and then you can sign everything." I nodded. How was I going to give the fan their pen back, what if the fan got lost and I wasn't on time to give their pen back. I'm over thinking this.
"here we go." he said as he opened the front door. there were a few fences and many security people holding fans back. When they saw me, they started screaming. I waved at them.
I was standing there, awkwardly waving, not really knowing what to do. Henry gave me a little push. "you wanted to meet them, here's your chance." it was packed, there were people everywhere I looked, everything was in hysteria.
I walked towards a fan. "hey." I smiled at her, her eyes were big and she seemed happy and afraid. "could I borrow your pen?" I asked her, she nodded her head. I signed the paper she was holding.
I'll make sure to give you your pen back. love Scarlett and thanks
I started signing papers, photos, shirts, caps, bodyparts everything. I signed everything. I thanked the fans, they told me they loved me and would support me all the way. I got flowers pushed into my hands, I smiled at fans, said hi and hey. I waved, I screamed through the whole crowd behind them.
"Scarlett you need to go." Henry told me, I looked up at him. why did I need to go? I could stay here all night just to please my fans. I couldn't reach the people at the end of the crowd, or the middle of the crowd and I was thinking of a way to get ot them.
"the security can't hold the fans back any longer, if you want to stay alive, I should leave." he was already pushing me inside, but I stopped. him.
"I'll be back, just need to give her her pen back." Henry looked at me in disbelief. I quickly ran away and tried to find the girl. I saw her standing, almost being pushed away by people.
"hey! wait stop." I called, but people didn't stop pushing. I ran towards the girl and asked people to move, they did seeing as they came for me. People touched my arms, hair everything. I extended the pen towards the girl.
"here's your pen. I need to go now love, be careful." I told her, she smiled at me widely, not as nervous as she had been before, I quickly ran towards the entrance of the hotel because the security couldn't hold them anymore. they ran towards the entrace, people tried to get open the doors but it wouldn't work.
the doors were locked. "this is crazy." I said as I waved at some fans. I didn't want to leave the fans behind, but Henry pulled me away. "bye!" I screamed waving at them.
"Henry!" I said trying to get out of his grip. "Henry." he stopped pulling me. "we need to get the crowd away, they'll sqeeuze the fans to death." I said.
"the only way is for you to get away and they will leave. Luckliy you need to be on your tour bus in an hour." he was about to walk away.
"they can't wait another hour, they could get hurt." I said desperate. Henry sighed.
"we'll just get the tour bus, you need to scream out of the window, many will follow them and they will know you're away. alright?" I nodded my head eagerly.
"I have my bag upstaris. I'll go fetch it." I ran up the stairs and quickly turned around again. "or not." Harry was standing in the hallway. I waited for him to go away, but he didn't, he was talking to somone.
"it's nuts outside." he laughed.
"yeah." the perosn he was talking to was Niall. "I wish Scarlett could see them, I bet she would want to go outside and meet them all."
"She must be so worried, there's an abulance and police, she must be worried about them." Harry said. why wouldn't they leave, they needed to leave, otherwise my fans get hurt. or are they're our fans, Samantha and I's fans.
I couldn't let them wait any longer, I needed my bag. So I walked out into the hallway avoiding the two boys. which was a bit hard as they were standing in front of my door.
"Scarlett we were waiting for you." we. we? we! Harry too, why would Harry be wating for me. me! Harry and Niall, Harry. Harry was here, for me, waiting. He took the time to wait for me.
"I'm really sorry guys, but I need to get my stuff." I told them in a sorry no sorry voice. Harry frowned and Niall nodded his head in understanding already pulling Harry away.
"no." Harry said. "we need to settle this now. not later. now as in right now." he gave me a pleading look but I quickly looked down, not wanting to see his face.
"I'm sorry Harry, it really has to wait." I opened my door, Harry slammed it shut again coming closer, Niall staying behind.
"no." he said again. "no, no, no" He shook his head, making his curls fall in front of his face. he looked cute like that. Stop!
"we need to talk Scar, we really really need to talk." I gave him a sympathetic look and tried to open the door again. but Harry was leaning against it. I would never be able to open that door.
"Harry get out of the way!" I practically screamed. "there could be people dying downstairs all becasue of me, and I'm trying to prevent that from happening." he stepped away. I pulled the door open with aggression. I got my bag, took a look around, found two books stuffed them in my bag and was about to leave the door.
"Scarlett?" Harry begged. I looked at him. "I just need one minute, maybe less." I looked at the ground, Harry was sitting on the couch and I was nearing the door.
"I can't- I... uhm, no I can't let my fans down." I didn't know what too do, Harry sounded lost, broken. Which made me broken, and I didn't want to be broken anymore, that's the reason I didn't want to see him anymore.
"just for one minute, please." he stood up from the couch and came towards me. I didn't move, he removed the hair from my shoulder. I shook my head. My fans, I needed to help them, I need to be there for them, I can't let them down.
I walked away. Holding the door open for Harry. He stepped out of the room. his shoulders slumped and his head down. I walked away. but his voice made me freeze once again.
"why are you avoiding me?"