◆chapter three◆

I don't understand. What is she hiding? Why is she hiding? Why can't she trust me? And lastly, why the hell do her eyes glow?

billie's pov.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous walking into school Tuesday morning. I don't know what I'm going to tell (y/n), but I know I have to talk to her.

I walk past people down the hallway trying to get my attention, the only person I care about talking to right now is (y/n). I make my way to her locker, and when she sees me she tries walking the other way but I get to her first.

"What the hell do you want?" (y/n) says with malice in her voice.

"We need to talk,"

"You didn't seem like you wanted to talk last night."

"(y/n)...."

"If you're looking for another booty call I suggest you find someone else," (y/n) spits at me, then turns on her heel and walks the other way.

Her words sting like a verbal slap to the face. Wow, she thinks I was using her for sex. Like I got what I wanted, and tossed her out. That's even worse than what I thought. And it hurts me that she thinks that's what I think of her.

The day goes by of her ignoring and avoiding me until sixth period.

"You know we still have to work on this project together (y/n). You can't ignore me forever." I whisper next to her while the teacher lectures on about things I honestly don't care about. She doesn't even give me a glance. The teacher keeps talking and then she gives us time in class to work on our project.

"We can do the PowerPoint on Google slides and just talk through comments. I'll do the poster myself at home." She says to me looking down at the poster board.

"I'm not gonna let you do all of the work (y/n)."

"You're just looking for an excuse to get me alone again and hurt me. Whispering your sweet nothings into my ear just to get me in your bed again. If you really want to do something then we can meet at the library after school. And let's actually finish this so I don't have to talk to you again." she says to me, her eyes like bullets trying to pierce me one by one.

"(y/n)...just let me explain. You know that's not how I feel about you." I say with pleading eyes.

The bell rings and everyone starts to gather their stuff.

"If you want to work on the project I'll be at the public library," she says and walks out of the classroom. But while she was gathering her stuff I noticed something weird. A kiss mark on the palm of her hand. What the hell. Did she get so mad at me she decided to get with someone else? I don't know what the hell that is, but I wanna find out.

your pov.

I fucking hate Billie right now. But if I'm being honest I hate myself more for still wanting her. I miss the way her hands feel on my skin, and her sweet kiss on my lips. But I have to force myself to forget it all. Billie doesn't really like me, and I actually don't blame her. There's nothing special about me. I'm not pretty nor do I dress like the other girls at school. My personality isn't anything special either. I'm just boring me. Her calling me hot was probably her clouded lusty judgment. Something in the moment right before she got a piece of me. She probably realized her mistake after we did it, so she threw me out. Well, I don't want to be her mistake again.