◆chapter ten◆

Sorry this took so long I'm on a trip and there's barely any Wifi.

Billie's pov.

When I finish my homework after school I grab my ukulele and start to strum to a random tune. I then started to sing to Sex by 1975 softly passing time by. Then all of a sudden I feel it.

My heart starts to hurt a bit. I have a bad feeling it isn't anything medical at all. My heart keeps burning until I pick up the phone and call y/n. Then it just stops.

You've reached the voicemail of...

I decide to hang up and not leave a message and try again.

You've reached-

I abruptly hang up again and decide to think about where she could be when the burning in my heart starts again.

She obviously wouldn't be at her parents. Didn't she say she was hanging after-school with Evelynn? Did she go home with her? Maybe that's why my heart hurts...what if she's...

No I can't think like that. I look at the time and it's already 5:30pm. She should be home by now.

I place the ukulele on my bed and slip on my shoes. I head to the kitchen and snatch the keys off the counter making my way out the door.

Hopefully Finneas won't mind me borrowing his car.

I drive all the way to Evelynn's house thanking god that I got the address ahead of time just incase. Rushing to the driveway I bang on the door and...

your pov.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I exclaim while rolling my eyes.

"I won't ask again," the guy says cocking his gun.

"What the fuck are you doing Kade!" I turn to see Eve with a scared look on her face and her water cup spilled on the carpet.

Then we hear a loud banging on the door. At the sound Kade grabs me pressing the gun on my lower back.

"Look through the hole and then open it. Who knows who she brought with her,"

"Kade wha-"

"JUST DO IT!" at that Eve scrambles to the door looking through the hole. Then she opens it to reveal Billie. Billie bursts past her quickly.

"Where's y/n?!" She asks frantically. Then she turns and sees me against Kade her face filled with hurt.

"Y/n... What are you doing?"

"And who the fuck are you?" Kade asks her.

"I'm her girlfriend... At least I thought I was," she says hurt laced in her voice.

"Billie..." She turns to walk away until

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" He says locking his arm around my neck and pulling the gun on Billie.

She turns back around with shock on her face.

"Woah dude what the fuck is wrong with you?" She asks with her eyebrow raised.

"I wanna know what this bitch is doing in our home taking that book," he says gesturing to the book fallen to the floor. When Billie sees the book her eyes go wide.

"Well I wanna know what the hell it was doing here in the first place," she questions.

"That book has belonged to my family for generations. The only people that would want it are siphoners,"

"What the hell are siphoners? I just wanted to borrow a book to read. It looked interesting. Also who the hell are you?" I ask still pressed against Kade.

"I'm Evelynn's cousin. And cut the bullshit I know what you are. I just didn't believe one would step in the house of hunters,"

Hunters? I didn't know there were actual hunters. Why didn't Nalia warn me?

"Well you're holding onto the wrong girl asswipe," Billie says and when she reaches her hand out the gun files into her hand.

"Gadyen nan balans" with that Kade is on the floor in seconds unconscious.

"Would someone explain what THE FUCK just happened?" Evelynn asks with wide eyes moving away from Billie.

"Gayden memoria" Evelynn drops to the floor like Kade.

"Billie what did you do to her?"

"Memory loss spell. Now help me put her on the couch,"

One hour later

I'm sitting on Billie's bed with vasa pretiosa in my lap. I haven't talked to Billie since we left Evelynn's house because I'm still hurt she actually thought I would cheat on her. I haven't actually opened the book because for some reason I'm nervous.

"You okay y/n?" Billie says walking in the room. I just look up and nod my head at her. She makes her way over to the bed and sits down hugging me from behind.

"Baby talk to me. Don't be mad," she kisses my neck and behind my ear.

"I'm not mad. I'm hurt and I don't think you even know why," I sigh and use my finger to outline the book cover.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you I just didn't know what to think,"

"Why did you even randomly show up anyway?" I question still looking down at the book.

"My heart started to burn. When I would try calling you it would stop but you never answered. I figured something was wrong plus you were there for long," she says.

"I'm just glad I showed up when I did," she says this while holding me tighter than before.

She then let's go and moves so she's now in front of me. Then she lifts my chin up so I'm looking at her and gives me a soft kiss on the lips.

"You know I love you right?" She asks me hopefully.

"Yeah I know Billie. I'm just gonna take a nap," I say setting the book down on the nightstand before I lay down.

"Okay babe,"

Surprisingly after a few minutes I knock out.

Then I see White.

-------

"Hello?" I ask my voice echoing.

"Hello y/n," I jump at the voice unexpectedly behind me. When I turn around Nalia just chuckles.

"Very funny," I reply rolling my eyes.

"Have you found the book yet?"

"Yes I did. At my friends house who just so happens to have a cousin who almost shot me. He also claims to be a hunter so why didn't you warn me?" I ask annoyed.

"I thought the hunters were wiped out years ago. They must have reformed so you need to be extra careful," Nalia says with surprise.

"You need to begin to read the book y/n. It will teach you many things,"

"I know and I will,"

"Also some information has been revealed to me that I think you should know. It may come as a shock,"

"Well hit me with it," I reply expectantly.

"Though you and Billie are currently linked the link can be broken. There is someone else that can be destined to be your soulmate," she says.

"What? Who?"

"He goes by the name of Kade Krystal,"

A/N
Thanks for reading this chapter guys. I kinda don't like it but whatever. Please vote, comment, and share this story. I really appreciate the support. I hope you have a wonderful morning, afternoon, or evening wherever you are.
-erika 💞