◆chapter twenty-three◆

damn it took y'all a hot minute to reach 40 votes sheesh 💀
i'll update again when this also reaches 40 votes because tho soo.
anyways enjoy

your pov.

I walk through the doors of the school and again so many eyes were on me. I wonder what it is this time. I know rumors spread around like wildfire here so I never really know what'll pop up when. I make my way to my locker and see Kade with a bunch of girls around him. They're obviously trying to flirt with him and I don't blame them. He's new, fresh, and good looking too. Something to bring a lot of buzz and attraction. His face looks pretty uninterested but polite until our eyes meet. We stare at each other for a bit while the girls try to gain his attention and he just kicks himself off the wall he was leaning on and makes his way over to me, earning me a few glares from the girls. Too bad they scream desperation.

"Hey you good?" he asks me.

"Uh, I guess..why?"

"You were just radiating a lot of...troubled energy,"

"You can sense energies?" I question while my eyebrow raises.

"Only yours. I guess perks of having a 'Soulmate',"

"Yeah there seems to be a lot of...perks," I sigh shaking my head.

"Does this have something to do with a little siphoner named Bobby?" he asks with an innocent voice but his smirking face showed differently.

"Shut up Kale," I reply rolling my eyes.

"I'm just messing with you grumpy," he says while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Now tell me all about your little soulmate problems,"

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Okay class so that's all for today. You can get with your partners and work on your project for the rest of the period. Remember it's due next week!" our teacher explains before sitting back at her desk.

"I guess I've got nothing to actually do," Kade says before slouching in his chair and scrolling through his phone.

"Lucky you," I sigh rolling my eyes before turning to Billie.

"Do you want me to grab the Chromebooks?" Billie asks.

"Yeah sure," Billie gets up heading to the chrome cart and I turn back to my left facing Kade.

"So what have you been doing with your life lately? Been hunting innocent magic makers?"

"Do you actually care or are you just bored?" he asks, his eyes not leaving his phone for a second.

"Maybe both?" he rolls his eyes before putting his phone down.

"Well for your information...I haven't done any hunting in a while. And I just have been avoiding my father so he doesn't ask any questions," he replies.

"Why not? You sounded like we were the devil incarnate before,"

"Yeah well, what did you expect? My mother was taken from me at a young age by siphoners during the war. And my father has trained me all my life just to take people like you out because of your evilness...but maybe he's wrong,"

"What made you change your mind?"

"Well, you don't seem too evil yourself. And Billie isn't evil...she's just annoying," he answers.

"Hey fuck off!" Billie groans while handing me a Chromebook.

Kade rolls his eyes...again and then puts in his air pods.

"Now let's finish this project,"

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Are you sure this is the place?"

"Yeah, this where Nalia said. Also, the blood led here when I tracked it just so I knew she wasn't lying,"

"Okay...let's go," we both get out of the car and walk quietly to an abandoned building. It was said this place was consumed by fire and now it's mostly dark and full of ash.

Creepy.

We tread lightly towards the building and walk through the hole where the door is supposed to be. All of a sudden we hear humming and see a light coming from another room. We walk quietly not daring to even breathe as we finally reach the room. A dark-haired broad man is sitting in the middle of a circle filled with candles. He continues to hum as if he's praying with his head down.

Then the humming suddenly stops.

"I see you've finally found me," he says lowly with a gruff voice. Billie and I just look at each other not saying a word.

"You're the shooter in the woods," Billie finally says.

"That I am,"

"Why? For what reason?" she asks.

"At first the shot was just a warning for Y/n. I knew she wouldn't die yet the stupid Hunter saved her and didn't die himself. The second shot was targeted. Y/N's little friends need to be dealt with. He will have nothing stop him from his goal. You will all go to the abyss. And Y/n will be his all-powerful vessel. His Queen,"

"What the hell? Who is he? Who do you work for?"

"Silly girl. You know exactly who,"

"Apollyon," I reply quietly.

"Yes. The master of destruction is coming. No matter what you do no matter who you choose to have in your bed whether it be the hunter or this siphoner he will come. He will have his destruction and his revenge. The abyss is where thee shall go. And Y/N will be key to his plans," he cackles maniacally making my muscles tense.

"You're wrong. I rather die than let that happen,"

"Who said you had a choice?" he says before smiling wickedly at us. He then grabs a blade from his pocket and we watch as he slowly glides it across his throat. Instead of red blood...black pours from his body as he drops in the middle of the circle and the candles burst with a fiery blue flame before burning out leaving us in darkness.

Billie and I make a run for the hole and exit the building quickly but not before I hear a soft whisper.

"I'm coming for you..."

"My Queen,"