◆chapter twenty-two◆

Okay, guys sorry for the lack of updates school has been too much honestly. And even distance learning is kicking my behind. I have Ap testing this and next week but I've felt bad because I've kept yall waiting like for 869859958 years.

But I'm gonna start this new thing where if a chapter reaches a certain number of votes I'll automatically have to update by the next day so I'm more motivated and I can see you actually care about the story. Or else I might just disappear again unintentionally with no accountability.

SO if this chapter gets up to 40 votes I'll update. I have the next chapter already fully written all I gotta do is hit publish.

anyways enjoy.

your pov.

I flutter my eyes open as the sun rays peak through the blinds landing on my face. I almost groan at the disruption of my sleep before I remember what happened yesterday. I glance at the clock on my nightstand and see it's a little after nine in the morning. Luckily today is a reverse minimum day so I only have to get to school by twelve. All of a sudden I feel the bed shift and hear soft snores. I slowly turn my head to be met with pretty pink lips and a head full of green and black hair.

I slowly slide out of bed, careful not to move too much or make too much noise. When I successfully land my feet on the cold wood floor I quietly make my way to the door and slip out of it heading for the bathroom.

Hopefully, by the time I'm done, she would have left.

I quickly brush my teeth then I jump in the shower washing myself and taking my time. When I'm finally done I put on some lotion and wrap a towel around myself and quietly make my way back to my bedroom. When I slip back through the door I see Billie still laying in bed with her eyes closed. The closet happens to be around her side of the bed so I again quietly walk till I reach the closet and as I go to open the door I feel arms wrap around my waist.

I silently curse feeling a bit tense.

"I thought you left love," she whispers in my ear before kissing the spot right under it.

"We have to be at school soon. You should probably head out," I reply before attempting to walk into the closet. Unfortunately, she grabs my arm and spins me around before I can.

"Do I mean anything to you anymore? Or was last night just a quick fuck so you could get over me once and for all?" she asks with hurt in her voice.

"I'm sorry but last night was a mistake Billie,"

"A mistake? A fucking mistake? You're unbelievable," she shakes her head at me before sitting on the bed.

"Of course it was Billie. If you haven't gotten the memo yet, even though that's part of the reason you broke up with me, we can't be together! And it wasn't to get over you because believe me that quick fuck took me a million steps back from where I need to be,"

"Why?! What's the real reason? It can't just be this stupid prophecy that being with Kade will make you stronger. We're fucking soulmates Y/N!,"

"Death! That's the reason Billie. I saw the prophecy with my eyes you were lying there dead! I rather just deal with not having you as mine than have you taken away from me because I'm selfish,"

The room is filled with silence as she stares a hole into my body. Then her eyes travel to my face and I see a small tear escape.

"Then why do I feel weaker?"

"What?"

"Ever since you left I have felt this hole. And I feel weaker. My magic isn't as strong as it was when we were together. Didn't Nalia say the more we're together the stronger we'd become? Maybe the prophecy instead is you leaving me for good and that's how I die y/n. Maybe you kill me instead when you go to the dark side," she explains.

"But you don't care, right? It's ultimately all about you and fucking Kade. I feel like you're trying to find every excuse for us to not be togethe-"

"Billie you're the one who broke up with me! Not the other way around. I wanted this to work I WANTED to find another way but you pushed me out because you were insecure about me and Kade who barely even liked each other! You were all concerned about the prophecy the day you gave up on us! So don't act like this whole thing was one-sided. But maybe you were right because what I saw I never want to happen and if Nalia thinks Kade is the one to help end all of this then I'll listen,"

"Well maybe I was wrong! and if you supposedly don't even like each other how do you expect to defeat anything? Unite the hunters and siphoners and witches or whatever but with barely any power? And if you don't like each other...why are you living in his house? Why does he check up on you?" she asks.

"Well maybe he changed. Maybe he wanted to be a decent human being and save me from death and homelessness? And I hated you before Billie...I'll learn to love him if I have to," I sigh.

"Well fuck that! I love you and I know you still love me. I felt it while we were together last night. I felt whole again and I know you did too. Our eyes were fucking glowing y/n! You can't ignore that no matter how much you want to. Kade may be your other soulmate but I'm your first love. You can't just toss me aside no matter how much you want to,"

"Like I said before. Love can make us stupid. I don't want to make a mistake," Billie all of a sudden drops the sheet that was covering her naked body. She then slowly gets up and runs her finger along the opening of my towel before removing my hand causing the towel to drop.

"You're telling me you can't feel the heat radiating from our bodies? The Power?" she whispers softly. Her fingertips dance against my skin while her lips make their way next to my ear.

"I know I'm in your head baby. You can be with Kade all you want. You can watch me wither away. But you'll never escape my voice...my touch...my kiss on your lips. But that's your choice," I didn't realize my eyes were closed until she slowly steps away and they flutter open. I'm met with her blank face and she begins to find her clothes and put them on while I'm frozen in place.

"I'll see you at school. We have to find Ezekiel later and do this English project. So I guess I'll see you after school too," she says before walking out of my room without a second glance.

It's like her trance finally wore off after she stepped out of the room.

I sigh before finally going to put on some clothes.

Why is this so messy?

A/N
I hope you liked this and remember to vote for a new one.
-erika 🖤