◆chapter eleven◆

He goes by the name of Kade Krystal,”

your pov.

I jolt awake suddenly after the revelation feeling startled and confused.

“You okay love?” Billie asks setting her phone down and rubbing my arm.

“Yeah Yeah…just a dream,” I lie rubbing the side of my face.

“What happened?” She asks me continuing to rub my arm.

“I don't wanna talk about it,” I reply shrugging her arm off of me. A flash of hurt is seen in her eyes but she quickly covers it up and moves off of the bed.

“Where are you going?” I ask her.

“Nowhere,” she replies shortly while making her way out of the room. I sigh blowing up the strand of hair dangling down my face.

So the person who had a gun pointed at me and my girlfriend is someone who also could be destined to be my soulmate? And on top of that he's a hunter.

A damn hunter.

I don't know what I'm gonna do. Life gets more confusing as time goes on. I look at the book that's set on the nightstand and I feel it calling to me. I grab it feeling the exterior beneath my fingers.

Then I finally open it.

Raven's pov.

{Eight years ago}

BANG BANG BANG

All I hear are bullets flying everywhere around us.

Lihednat Dolchitni!”

Radiamis!”

“Me ne de qual suurentaa!”

“La mère!”

Necks snap, brains splatter, and blood is the smell I'm drenched in.

The hunters are here and they want our heads on spikes.

I look to see my mother on the floor behind a tree the newborn in her arms as lifeless as her.

“PAPA!” when I turn again I see a bullet fly towards his head and his reaction is not fast enough to stop it.

I cry out helplessly defeat taking over my body.

Just as I'm about to walk out in front of the gun fire hoping maybe to end my misery a man in a cloak drags my arm. Before I can scream he clamps a hand over my mouth stopping the sound.

“If you want to help. If you want to live do as I say child,” he says his deep voice sending shivers down my spine.

“How can I trust you?” I question the strange man.

“Because I'm your only chance at the siphoners not being wiped out today,”

He whispers commands in my ear and I shake my head ferociously.

“I can't do that! I can save her!” I yell not believing what he's asking me to do.

“She's going to die anyway! If you want power you need to take it! It's one person over the entire coven,” he clasps a pendant around my neck and I look down at a piece of broken glass to see my eyes glow the deepest blue as my body absorbs the power.

“Do as I say. Do what you need to do,” and with that he fades away into the shadows. I see her from far away sitting upright holding her hand against her wound. I make my way over to her making sure to doge the gun fire. When I finally get to her I take the piece of glass from behind my back.

“Raven what are you doing?!”

Sa vas est cure est vos facultas…” I plunge the glass into her heart watching as her eyes fill with hurt and then the blue drains from them.

“I'm sorry Aunt Nalia,” I whisper as a tear goes down my cheek. I can still see my reflection in the glass as my eyes turn from blue to black.

Kade's pov.

{Eight years ago}

“Where’s mom?” I question as I see my father come back into the cabin blood staining his clothes and a gash on his forehead. He looks at me with sad eyes as tears stain his cheeks.

“WHERE IS SHE?” I yell liquid pooling in my eyes.

“I'm sorry son,” he barely whispers. I break down crying as he comes and holds me in his embrace rubbing my back.

She told me she loved me when she left. I was too busy drawing to even say it back.

“Who did this?” I whisper through sobs. My father looks at me as his eyes turn to steel a cold expression forming on his face.

Siphoners,” he spits anger apparent in his voice.

“What are siphoners?”

“They're like witches. Like the villains in the stories we used to read you before bed. They're pure evil and just cause destruction wherever they go. Your mother died fighting to protect others from them,” he explains to me.

“How can we stop them? We're only humans,” I ask fear apparent in my voice.

“Don't worry son I got back a book they stole from us years ago. It will help us find a way to stop them. We need to study it. Know their weaknesses and then wipe them off of this earth,” he takes a book from under his shirt and puts it into my hands. I trace the title with my finger intrigued by the name.

Vasa Pretiosa

A/N
Sorry it took me ten years to update and that this is so short. If you liked it vote and comment I highly appreciate it. Hope you have a nice morning, afternoon, or evening wherever you are.
-erika 💞