◆ chapter thirteen ◆

Finneas' pov.

"So are you gonna just stand there or are you gonna come inside?" she asks me. She's wearing a silk black robe that's tied around her body accentuating her curves. I sigh as she moves aside and I walk into the modern but cozy house. I would think she would take me to the living room but she leads me to her bedroom instead. Inside the lights are dimmed and there are two wine glasses and a red wine bottle on one of the bedside tables.

"Take a seat and let's talk," she says patting the spot on the bed next to her.

"Why am I here?" I ask myself out loud but it ends up being a question directed at her.

"Because you know I would never have called if it wasn't important. I'm surprised you picked up," she replies while pouring some wine into both glasses and handing me one.

"Well then spit it out," I urge inspecting the wine before taking a sip.

"Apollyon" she finally says after taking a sip from her glass.

"Apollyon the King of Demons? The one whose name means to destroy? Why are you bringing up a fictional demon to me?" I question.

"Because Finneas! He's real and if we are going to stop him we need to work together," I look in her eyes for any signs of trickery, but I can't seem to find any.

"Why should we work with you? You tried to kill my sister and y/n,"

"I needed to teach her not to overstep boundaries. What if y/n was a normal human who couldn't keep her mouth shut? Our kind already has hunters and we don't need more joining them. Plus I've read the book and if you read it you'd understand why it would be easier if Y/n was gone," she explains to me emptying her glass right after. I set mine down on the bench at the foot of the bed eyeing her.

"Give me one good reason why I should trust you?"

"Because I could have very much killed you that one time but I didn't. It also seemed like I was going to kill Billie but of course, I wasn't. I couldn't do that to you," she says putting her soft hand on my cheek. I grab it pulling it away from me while staring her down.

"Yet you could kill someone innocent to get what you want," I spit back at her. She just scoffs at me.

"You don't know what it's like! Watching your entire family die before your eyes while feeling hopeless that the torture would ever end. What. I. want. Is for that to never happen again. Imagine if this time it was Billie who fell at their hands Finneas!" she exclaims.

"Y/n may be seen as 'innocent' now. Yet the best of people could be turned into monsters easier than you think. Read the damn book Finn," she sighs starting to get up from the bed. The tie on her robe loosens and reveals lacy pink lingerie.

 The tie on her robe loosens and reveals lacy pink lingerie

"What's all that for?" I ask looking her up and down.

"I was just trying on some things I bought when you finally decided to show up," she explains.

"Why? Like what you see?" she asks seductively while dropping the robe to the floor.

"Raven," I say in a warning tone. She ignores me as she crawls on the bed till she's next to me again. Then she starts to straddle me while my back rests on the headboard. I just look down not making eye contact with her.

"Finneas. Look at me," she pleads in a soft voice. I finally look up at her and her eyes are soft with her face missing her usual underlying smirk or seductiveness.

"I never stopped loving you. Look at me and tell me you still love me," I look down again not being able to make eye contact. When I finally look up again I see a single tear trickle down her cheek. She quickly wipes it away not wanting to show any more weakness and starts to get up from my lap but I pull her back down. She gives me a questioning look and I connect our lips in a slow passionate kiss. My hands travel down to her ass and I softly squeeze it making her gasp giving me entrance into her mouth. As the kiss gets heated I roll us over so I'm on top. Her hands tangle in my hair and her legs wrap around my waist as she brings me closer. I quickly take off my shirt and reconnect our lips as she unbuttons my jeans sliding them down. She pulls down my boxers too as I slip off her panties. I start to kiss her neck and suck on her sweet spot as she lets out breathy moans.

"Finn please," she begs as I cup her breast in my hand. She gasps as I slowly enter inside of her. I gently rock my hips into hers as her moans become louder. I start to speed up the pace as she claws at my back.

"I-I'm so close," she moans I put my hand in hers and our eyes start to softly glow as her gaze meets mine.

"I love you too," I say as I connect my lips to hers.

your pov.

Billie is still sound asleep cradled in my side. Her hair is covering her face as it slowly lifts when soft breaths leave her lips. I turn to the nightstand where the book still lays. I feel like it's calling to me like I need to keep reading. I slowly untangle myself from Billie's arms careful not to wake her up. Then I reach for the book and grab it bringing it to me and opening it to where I left off. The same feeling of dread as before fills me as I start to turn the page. Then I just close my eyes and finally do it.

When I slowly open my eyes what I see leaves me quaking.

There I am standing with a man behind me with armor and dark wings. His image sends chills down my spine. My eyes are filled with black no color in site like they're empty only filled with darkness. Both Billie and Raven are at my feet and they look like they're slowly dying if not dead already. In the corner of the page, I see a name.

Apollyon

It sounds oddly familiar like something I would hear in a history class.

But there's another detail I almost miss. I look to where Raven lays and there's something in her arms.

When I bring the book closer I finally see it clearer.

A baby. 

A/N

Hey, hope you like this lmao. If you did you know what to do guys. Hope you have a wonderful morning, afternoon, or evening wherever you are.
-erika 💞