◆chapter sixteen◆

your pov.

"I don't know and right now that's not important," I say before getting up and extending my hand out for Kade to grab.

He looks at it skeptically before deciding to grab it as I help him up.

He then starts to walk away before I stop him.

"Where are you going?" I ask him. He looks at me like my brain cells fell out of my ass.

"Home," he says shortly before turning again.

"Come with me I can help patch up your wound," I reply.

"I don't need your help y/n,"

"How far away is your so called home?"

"Just 8 miles,"

"You're gonna walk 8 fucking miles with a bleeding wound?!" I ask him like he's crazy.

"Uh... Yes?" He replies in a duh tone.

"If he doesn't want your help just leave it y/n," Billie says.

"You should listen to..what was her name again? Bob? Bailey?"

"Billie, and I'm not gonna just leave him he took a bullet for me," I reply rolling my eyes as Billie shoots daggers at him with her icy stare.

"Wait a second," I say as a light bulb goes off in my head.

I walk over to Kade while he looks at me skeptically with Billie matching his look. I become face to face with him before I remove his hand from the wound.

"What are you doing?" I don't answer him and I connect my hand to his side as his blood stains it. He makes a face of discomfort before I let my eyes flutter shut and connect my other hand to him. Everything around us is silent but I hear this humming in my ears before it suddenly fades into silence.

When I open my eye again I see Kade with a confused face and I remove my hand to see nothing but his skin.

It looked like the wound was never there.

"What the hell.." He says quietly.

"How the hell did you do that," Billie asks me looking puzzled. I just shrug my shoulders and start to turn around before Kade grabs my arm and turns me back around.

"Thank you," he says genuinely giving me a small smile. I feel my heart flutter a bit before I internally shake myself out of it. With that he walks the other direction and I turn to Billie who has an unreadable expression on her face.

"Let's head home," she doesn't reply and just kicks off of the tree she was leaning on and starts walking. I don't question it and just follow behind her all the way home.

----------

I'm sitting in the living room with the book trying to see if another page has been revealed. To my disappointment it was still blank until I touched the page with my finger. Only one word was revealed though and it was break.

I just close the book and start heading to Billie's room to set it down. When I walk in her eyes are red and puffy and she has a picture frame of us in her hand that was on her bedside table.

"What's wrong Mamas?" I ask concerned while I sit in the middle of the bed across from her.

She doesn't look up at me as she traces the picture with her finger before putting it back on her nightstand.

"We should end this...", she replies softly with a raspy voice.

"End what Billie?" I ask her confused.

"U-us," her voice cracks as she says the word and so does my heart.

"Billie baby, what do you mean end us?" I reply not wanting to believe it.

"You know what I mean y/n," she finally looks up at me as a tear slides down her cheek.

"I saw the way you looked at him. The way you touched him. I could basically feel your heart fluttering. It's like our string is wearing thin and it's only a matter of time before it breaks. Like you said you don't know another way to stop this prophecy shit and it's selfish to try and keep you despite it," her eyes looked so broken and sad and I could feel my heart squeeze.

"Billie I'm sorry. We'll find a way. I know we-"

"Just don't," she says cutting me off.

"Don't give me false hope. You're only hurting me more,"

"But I love you," I say softly while tears start to pool in my eyes.

"Your love isn't meant for me," she replies. I softly grab her cheeks before I connect our lips together.

I taste her salty tears as they cascade down her face and she wraps her arms around me for dear life.

"Baby, please don't leave me,"

"You left me first,"