◆chapter eighteen◆

your pov

your pov.

"Well nice to meet you, Kade. We were just discussing the project that we were going to do. Since you weren't here to read the book you can skip out on this Unit since it'll be ending very soon anyway," Mrs. Delilah explains to him. She then grabs her clipboard that has the seating chart and glances at it before addressing Kade again.

"The only available seat left is next to y/n so you can have a seat right over there," she says pointing towards my direction. The classroom is set up with traditional rows in the middle and then my row is on the right side of the room with our backs towards the wall. When Kade looks towards where the teacher is pointing he glances between Billie and me looking very confused but he walks over anyway and slides in the seat to my left. Billie has been staring him down ever since he walked into the classroom and if looks could kill you already know how many feet under he'd be.

Well, I guess if you're like Billie looks really can kill but whatever.

Basically, I have about one week to finish this project with Billie and I'm trying to see if I can have as little to no contact with her since it's just a powerpoint presentation.

"Okay since we only have ten minutes left of class the rest of the time is yours," I decide to pull out my phone and maybe wallow in some music but that soon gets interrupted.

"Since when did you two go to this school?" Kade asks me.

"Since three years ago?" I reply shortly.

"Since when did you even go to school?" I ask him.

"Since pre-school. I need an education I just went to lots of different schools since I moved around a lot. Trust me if I knew y'all were here I would have asked for another one," he replies.

"Ouch okay then," I put my hand to my heart acting hurt. He just rolls his eyes playfully at me.

"The plus side I guess is now you don't have to take the bus,"

"It's not like we live together Kade,"

"No. But you still live at my house," I roll my eyes in response.

"Also what was up with you shoving a wad of cash in my bag? Who are you, my sugar daddy?"

"No. I rather make out with a tree. I knew your ass didn't have any money though and would need it for something. I was probably right if you were looking that deep to find it," he replies. I punch him in the shoulder playfully and roll my eyes at him before letting a soft smile creep onto my lips.

"Fuck you,"

"You wish," I start to fake gag and he chuckles in response.

I feel eyes on me and I turn to my right and see Billie glaring at both of us. Her hand starts fidgeting and I feel a sudden urge to grab it. Right when I make contact I feel an electric shock burst through my whole body. I feel stunned and Billie just looks at me confused.