◆chapter fifteen◆

Hey if you didn't already know I have a new book out called 5 Steps.

I'd appreciate if you checked it out and told me what you think.  

Also sorry this is probably bad I'm in a hot car and Im tired and have a migraine

Billie's pov.

I look in front of me to see the guy named Kade standing there with a gun in his hand pointed at the figure that's holding on to me.

He starts to walk closer to us and then grabs me from the person's arms still pointing the gun at him.

"Phasmatos Py-" Before the guy could get another word out a gunshot rings through the atmosphere and he's on the ground lifeless.

Before I could say anything I hear the gunshot wound start to fizzle and then I see the guy melt on the ground before my eyes.

"What the actual fuck!" I yell shocked by what I just saw.

"Now you. What the hell are you doing down this path?" he says shifting the gun to point at me.

"Hey Hey Hey I'm just trying to head back to my house," I reply with my hands up.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you where you stand and watch you turn into liquid," he asks shooting daggers with his eyes.

"Because I haven't done anything wrong, and I have information you might want," I answer him. He's lucky he has the metal device in his hands or I would have made his brains pour out of his ears.

Bitchass thinks he can steal my girl.

"Spill,"

"How do I know you won't shoot me right after?"

"Because I actually have honor. Unlike your kind," he replies. I roll my eyes at him and decide to speak.

"I guess I shouldn't really be the one to tell you," I reply before signaling to my phone. He nods his head and I grab it before calling Y/N.

your pov.

I'm laying in bed staring at the ceiling while contemplating life when I hear my phone start to vibrate on the nightstand. I answer it without looking at the caller ID not giving a damn.

"Hello?" I say in an annoyed tone.

"Y/n I need you to meet me somewhere," I immediately recognize Billie's voice.

"Bil where are you?"

"I'm near the woods by my house just please come it's important,"

"Okay I'll see you there I guess," I reply before I hang up. I wonder why she can't just come home or something. I grab my phone, keys, and hoodie before I slip on some shoes and head out the door.

I walk a few minutes before I reach the wooded area and I see a wisp of colored hair.

"Billie?" I say out loud as I keep walking. Then I finally see her but I also see Kade with a gun pointed at her chest and a puddle of whatever the hell right next to them.

"What the fuck is going on here?" I almost yell when I see the scene before me.

"Your little friend here says you got info I might find useful. Make any sudden movements and you'll have to watch her turn into liquid," he explains. I look down beside them and have the sudden urge to puke when I see the puddle again.

"What information Billie?"

"About what Nalia told you," she whispers looking down.

"Billie are you s-"

"Just do it Y/n," she says sharply. I look into Kade's eyes and he's just looking expectantly at me.

"Well, it all started when..."

"I don't have time for storytelling get to the gist," he interrupts. I roll my eyes at him and continue.

"Fine. You and I are potential soulmates," I spit at him annoyed.

"Soulmates? The hell are you on about?" he asks.

"Well if you let me fucking finish. Also, can you just put the gun down,"

"I would but I don't trust your little friend here," he replies.

I roll my eyes again and then continue to tell him what Nalia told me about us.

"So if we're together it'll be a step backward for this guy Apollyon's plan?" he asks.

"Basically,"

"And you expect me to believe all this B.S?"

"If you believe in Siphoners and magic then I don't think this is very far fetched dude. And why would I make this up? Do you think I wanna be with someone like you?" I reply rolling my eyes again.

"Good point I guess," he admits. He slowly lowers the gun while eyeing Billie and puts it behind his back.

"One problem in this little soulmate prophecy shit. I don't like you and you don't like me. Two negatives don't make a positive,"

"Maybe it should stay that way," Billie interjects making her way over to me.

"Oh is this one in love with you or something?" he asks smirking.

"She's my other soulmate..." I reply.

"You have two? Seriously? Well if this is gonna turn into some type of competition then count me out. I have better things to do," he says.

"Like what? Killing innocent people?" Billie spits.

"Those people are farr from innocent I'll have you know. You don't seem to know much about your 'people',"

"What have they done to you or anyone that's so bad?" Billie asks.

"Well for starters they killed my mother," he says in a cold tone with malice. Nobody says anything after his statement and all you could hear were the insects from the woods.

"I know I said two negatives don't make a positive, but maybe it'll prevent someone else from losing someone they care about," he finally says breaking the silence.

"Don't blame all for what one or few did," I reply.

Then all of a sudden a shot rings through the forest and I'm being pushed down into the dirt by someone. I look to see Kade on top of me and Billie up against a tree. Then I see drops of blood start to stain the side of his shirt.

"Kade...you're bleeding," I say touching his side.

"Yeah, I figured. It's probably just a graze though," he replies before rolling off of me onto his back.

"Why did you save me?" I ask him puzzled. He looks at me for a moment then a confused expression forms on his face.

"I don't really know," he replies before taking off his shirt and pressing it against his side. I look up to see Billie with an unreadable expression on her face.

"So who in the hell shot that gun?" 

A/N

I hope you liked this.

Please vote it's highly appreciated.

Have a great morning, afternoon, or evening wherever you are.

-erika 💞