◆chapter fourteen◆

your pov.

My breath hitches in my throat as I take in what I'm seeing before me. I feel like this is some sick prank or joke being pulled on me. But wasn't this book written hundreds of years ago? Is this some type of crazy prophecy?

I try and flip through the pages of the book to find further explanations of these images. But as I flip through I see every single page after...

Is blank.

"What the actual fuck is happening?" I whisper out loud as I turn the book upside down trying to figure out the meaning of this.

"Nalia I swear to God!" I almost yell. Then I feel a pressure pulling me down onto the bed and my eyes snap shut.

----------

"Hello?" I yell into the white empty space I'm in.

"Y/N!" I hear someone say behind me causing me to jump.

"Jesus Nalia every time?" I groan as she chuckles.

"So do you wanna explain why the fuck that book is on crack?" I say tapping my foot annoyed.

"I would if it was on crack," she says shrugging her shoulders.

"I made you get that book so you can see for yourself that it is indeed a prophecy," she explains.

"That looks like a very bad outcome to me though so how do I fix it?" I ask.

"Prophecy's aren't always a one-way street as people seem to believe. There can be different outcomes. Also, the book may seem blank to you but that is because it's like a puzzle. It doesn't want to show all it's contents to just anyone. You have to be worthy of it," she continues to explain.

"How do I become worthy of the book?"

"I can't tell you that hun. But I know you'll eventually unveil it's contents soon,"

"Wow, that's very helpful. Well in the meantime how do I change this so-called prophecy?" I ask.

"Well, there are many ways to change prophecies. One of them being love or the lack thereof. So far that's all I know. Was Billie in the picture of the prophecy?"

"Yes she was...she looked as if she was dying," I explain.

"Remember that Kade boy I mentioned? He seems like a safer path then. The scary looking man behind you is called Apollyon. He is the Angel of Destruction and Death. His goal is to get you because he knows you're powerful. Part of what can be used for destruction and death is Hunters. But if the Hunters and Siphoners unite in union or love then that'll be a step back for him,"

"So what are you trying to say?" I ask with fear.

"A faster way to stop this prophecy that we know of as of now....is to unite with Kade Krystal,"

-------

I shoot up out of bed as Nalia says those final words. I feel Billie stir beside me then slowly open her eyes before rubbing them.

"Sorry did I wake you?"

"It's okay babe," she hums before sitting up and kissing me on the cheek.

"Is something wrong? You look sad," she asks me.

"Nothing everything is fine," I lie cracking a small smile.

"I can tell when you're lying love. Just tell me,"

"I'm just scared Billie," I admit.

"Of what?" I proceed to explain everything that Nalia had told me about the prophecy and showed her the drawings from the book.

"This can't be true. I-It can't be. Y/n tell me it's not true...you're joking," Billie pleads with her voice wavering. I look at her with sad eyes and hers start to gloss over.

"There has to be another way to stop thi-"

"Billie we don't know another way!" I cut her off raising my voice unexpectedly.

"Billie trust me I love you so much. I'll always love you and because of that, I want to keep you safe. Whatever this Apollyon guy wants can't happen and I'll do anything to stop it," I explain.

"I just need a minute," Billie says quietly before getting off the bed.

"Billie pl-" I don't get to finish my sentence before she shuts the door behind her. A few tears start to stream down my cheek as I put my face in my hands.

I hear the door open again a few minutes later and see Finneas in the doorway.

"Hey are you okay?" he asks me. I quickly wipe my face and nod my head.

"If you need to talk I'm here," he offers he starts to turn to leave but I quickly stop him.

"Hey Finneas, I think there is something you should know. It's about Raven I saw in this prophetic book type thing that Raven had a baby. I just thought I should let you know for some reason even though you're no longer together," I explain surprised I brought it up. He looked confused and flustered for a second maybe even scared.

"Oh well thanks y/n...for telling me," he says quickly before walking out.

I wonder what he'll do with that information.

I decide to get up from the bed and look for Billie after a few more minutes.

"Billie baby?" I yell out into the living. I hear nothing in response. I check everywhere around the house and see it's empty not even Finneas is here. I shoot Billie a text asking her where she is and if she's okay. She leaves me on seen and I sigh in defeat.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

Billie's pov.

I head out of the house and decide to take a walk to clear my head. So many thoughts are clouded up in there and none of them are good whatsoever. Every time I think of Y/n and Kade together my stomach turns. I know she loves me but I don't know it'll be enough. One day she'll love him more than she will me and I'll break.

But I know she's right.

I'm just being selfish right now if what she said is true all of this is beyond just us. I'm just scared I'll never be able to love someone else like I love her.

I continue to walk and walk until it starts to get dark. I decide I should start heading back when I get a text from y/n. I take a new route and I begin to regret it as I get an uneasy feeling in my gut. I start walking faster and faster until I hear something behind me. I pick up the pace as much as I can and the crunching of the leaves behind me sets me on edge. I begin to go into a full on run until I'm out of the wooded area. I slow my pace a little which was probably a bad idea.

Because suddenly I feel someone's hand clamp around my mouth.

"Don't move or I'll shoot,"

A/N

Hope you liked this chapter.

Have a wonderful morning, afternoon, or evening wherever you are.
-erika 💞