◆chapter nineteen◆

Sorry I take forever to update. I'm so busy and I'm really sick right now but I forced myself to get this up since y'all have been waiting ❤️

your pov.

We need to talk.

I roll my eyes at the message but decide to respond anyway.

I feel like this situation is 2+2=5 because it doesn't add up

I text her and she texts me yet we don't receive each others messages? Yet I texted other people and it was just fine. Also why now did our messages somehow decide to send?

 Also why now did our messages somehow decide to send?

This doesn't make any sense.

I sigh and get on the bus and take a seat in the front, since my stop is first, before putting my earbuds in and letting time slip away.

--------------

When I arrive "home" I slip off my shoes and head to the kitchen to see if this place has anything to eat. I look in the freezer and see a few frozen dinners and so I grab one and pop it into the microwave before pressing start and leaning on the counter. As I wait for the food to heat up my mind wanders to what Billie said before I left.

Because I still love you

Did she actually mean it or was it just supposed to suffice as an explanation or alibi? I wouldn't know since people are getting harder to trust these days. I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear the microwave beep and I take my food out before heading to the living room and setting it down on the table. Then I turn on the TV and flip through Netflix before selecting a random comedy movie and relaxing on the sofa.

After about 30 minutes the doorbell rings and I pause the movie to go and open the door. I expect it to be Kade so I don't bother checking the peephole. Though when I swing the door open I'm met with someone else instead.

"Billie what are you doing here? How did you find me?" I ask puzzled while she fidgets with the rings on her finger.

"I-um-I used a locator spell. And I just wanted to talk," she replies.

It seems like everyone wants to talk all of a sudden.

"I don't really see anything for you and me to talk about right now. Unless you're here for the project," I say while crossing my arms.

"Y/n please?" I roll my eyes in response before making way for her to come in.

"This is a nice place," she admires while looking around.

"I'll tell Kade you said so," I reply with a sarcastic smile before sitting on the sofa while she does the same with an annoyed look on her face.

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"Why were you so sure it was me during the storm?"

"Because during class when I decided to grab your hand while it was fidgeting I felt an electric shock just like the one that struck me but a bit calmer. Plus you're the only one who has done shit to me that's translated into real-life while sleeping,"

"What about Kade? He could have done the exact same thing,"

"Yet he's the one that found me and saved me while I was trying not to die in the forest. Plus that shows that he wasn't asleep during the storm,"

"Then who else did this because I know it wasn't me. Plus if it was me you could have only been saved by me," she points out.

Well, that's a valid point. Then all of a sudden I'm reminded of something.

"Hey, Billie? Did you save Evelynn in the woods some time ago?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah...why?" she asks skeptically.

"Do you remember what spot in the woods?"

"Uh, it wasn't that far from my house. Almost similar to the spot I found Kade three weeks ago,"

If it was in the same spot what if it was the same person?

All of a sudden the doorbell rings and I get up to go see who it is.

"Hey, I brought food," Kade says before entering the house and slipping off his shoes.

"Oh...Hello Billie," Kade greets skeptically when he enters the living room.

Billie just rolls her eyes at him and looks down at her phone while I sit down. Kade shrugs in response before setting the Chinese Food on the table and plopping down on the couch.

All of a sudden a smirk comes to his face like he all of a sudden remembered something.

"So how are you and my dear cousin Eve?" he asks grabbing a fork.

"Fine?" she replies with an annoyed skeptical face.

"Just wondering because of all the noises I heard last night when I came to pick something up," he shrugs while shoving some rice in his mouth.

"Noises? What noises?" I ask looking between him and Billie.

Kade looks at me and shrugs again while Billie fails to meet my eyes.

"Oh...those noises,"