◆chapter twenty◆

Sorry I suck at updating

your pov.

"It's not what it s-"

"Hey, it doesn't matter. It's not like we're dating or anything. You can do whatever you want, I just find it odd that it's my best friend. Or at least I thought she was," I cut Billie off shrugging my shoulders.

"Well knowing Eve she tries to do her best to be a good friend so maybe there's more to this than you know," Kade interjects before shoveling more rice into his mouth.

Maybe.

"Y/n we weren't screwing or anything. She's just got body-slammed during gym by Big Ben and needed a back massage. And she had her tank top on," she explains while glaring at Kade.

He gives her a cheesy smile in response while biting into his chicken.

"Okay," I reply shrugging. At this point, I don't really care what they both do. I honestly don't even have the time to be jealous or petty with this prophecy and Apollyon thing.

And now some random shooter in the woods.

"Thanks for clarifying it wasn't you, but  Billie if that's all you needed to say to me I hope you can excuse yourself because I have some homework to finish and some supernatural shit to figure out," Her expression forms into hurt for a moment before she grabs her stuff. I get up to walk her out and when we reach the door she turns around.

"Um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" She says.

"See you later Billie," I say before she turns around and I shut the door.

"Damn. You were a little cold weren't you?" Kai says finishing up his meal.

"Well I have to get over her somehow," I reply before plopping on the couch.

"Well she's obviously not over you. Why'd y'all break up anyway if u don't mind me asking?"

"You," I reply being straightforward making him choke on his water.

"Me? Porqué?"

"She just....she thought we had some type of connection or whatever and thought it would be best for the prophecy,"

"Oh...uh sorry?"

"It's not necessarily your fault. It's fine, maybe this is how things are supposed to be,"

"Do you really believe that?"

"I don't know what to believe anymore,"

—————————-

"Hey y/n,"

"Hey," I reply sitting outside on the school benches.

"So what's going on because something isn't adding up," Evelynn asks getting straight to the point.

"Let me see your phone," I say holding my hand out. She hands it to me and I type in the code before heading to her messages. The most recent one is Billie but I ignore it and head to ours. I scroll up to see there was truth in her words when she said she's been trying to message me.

"What the hell..." I mumble before handing her back her phone.

"See? I wasn't lying. And I'm lowkey kinda offended you'd think I'd backstab you like that and violate the girl code with Billie...I mean I despised her until recently anyway," she says crossing her arms.

"I know I know. Just a lot has been happening so I'm honestly skeptical of everyone,"

"What has been happening though? First, it was Kade, then you, and even now Billie. I feel like nobody tells me anything and so much unexplainable shit has been happening around me, like there's just some big secret everyone's in on but me," she sighs before sitting down next to me.