Chapter 2

AN:
Sorry for this chapter being a bit late, I was having a bit of writers block :)

Anyway, enjoy!

(Hunter's POV)

That night, I couldn't go to sleep.

I just stayed up, constantly replaying the events in my mind. I wanted to go to sleep, but my mind just wouldn't stop racing.

I hated it.

I hated that I couldn't go to sleep. I hated that I couldn't stop thinking about it, I hated that I couldn't stop thinking about him.

His curly brown hair, that gets darker gradually when the seasons change. Those ocean blue eyes, that I sometimes find myself getting lost in whenever they are looking my direction.

And damn, don't even get me started about his abs.

I swear, their so defined they could probably cut someone if he wanted them to. I've only seen them occasionally, which is a good thing, because whenever I do I find myself getting a bit...

awkward.

Noah Chambers.

I hadn't actually meant to do anything, to act on my feelings. But when I turned around and saw that he apparently liked what he saw, I was so happy that I just had to flirt a little from a distance.

And now I may have cost our friendship.

Whether or not I liked him, Noah was still my best friend. I didn't want whatever was happening with me and my feelings to break our friendship. We have been best friends for almost my entire life. I don't think I could live without the guy if I wanted to.

But every time I think about him, that adorable smile, his curly hair, that I've imagined running my hands through more times than you can count on both hands.

I just want him.

I slam my head into my pillow to get me to stop thinking about him. I closed my eyes tight, desperately trying to get myself to fall asleep, but it didn't work.

Of course.

I decided to get up and walk into my family's kitchen. I could faintly see the time on the stove that read three thirty a.m. I was trying to be really quiet, that way I didn't wake up my brother, or worse, my parents. They aren't very pleasant when they get woken up randomly.

As I'm walking to the fridge, I feel a pair of hands grab my waist and I nearly jump a mile, forcing myself not to scream. I feel the hands leave me and a few chuckles come from behind me.

"Damn, it's so funny when you get scared so easily."

I scowl and turn around to be met with the face of my brother, Brody. His blond hair with brown tips was almost exactly a replica of mine, except his was a little more white and mine a little more blond. His skin was lighter than mine, a product of him not having done football for the past year. He was taller than me by about a few inches. If anyone just glanced at us, they would think we're twins. But looking more closely into our lives and our personalities, you would see we are anything but.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

Brody then stops laughing. His smile still lingers on his face for a moment, but then his smile goes away as his frown deepens a little.

"What's wrong? Why are you up this late?"

As much of an asshole as Brody sometimes is, I can always count on him to care for me, to be there for me. No matter what. Which is why he already knows why I'm up.