Chapter 9

(Noah's POV)

I was actually staring at my father.

I couldn't believe it for a moment. I stared at him, till my father decided to speak.

"Hey-"

"What the hell are you doing here?" I interrupted him, almost glaring at him.

My father stared at me. "Am I not allowed to speak to you now?" My father questions, staring me down. I stare back at him, two can play at this game.

"As I said before: what are you doing in my house?" My dad raised his eyebrows and scoffed.

"This is your house? Last time I checked, your mother-"

"Don't speak about my mother, you don't deserve the right to." I cut him off. He was getting me pretty angry, which doesn't happen often. My dad is one of the only things that can get me this mad.

"Okay, that's enough, both of you." My mother says, cutting off our disagreement. I turn to my mother and watch as she looks between my father and me.

"You two are yelling like a bunch of crazy banshees. Noah, I don't like that your father is here either, but please be calm with this." My mother says.

Calm? How am I supposed to be calm knowing this asshole of a father is sitting in my house?

Grudgingly, I sit down on the sofa by my mother, and she visibly relaxed a bit.

"Okay, now before you both rip each other's heads off, let's talk about why you are here, Dustin."

Dustin Chambers, my horrible excuse of a father. He left mom, Maria and me when I was about ten years old. Maria was just born, so she probably doesn't have any memories of my father at all. Who leaves their wife when they just gave birth to a child?

"I am only here to be peaceful." My father says, eyeing me carefully.

"And why aren't you back in California, Dad? With that new wife of yours?" I say, glaring at him, daring him to give me any type of shit.

"Um...well-Jess wasn't very happy apparently and-"

"So your new wife left you? Oh that's just wonderful. You're back here because you think we'll give you a whole new home back." My mom says, glaring at my father.

"Well, I just thought since the kids were here-"

"No. No I won't allow this." I stand up, and I'm beginning to march over to my father when my mother puts a gentle hand on my shoulder, stopping me from moving further.

My mother gives me a small but kind smile and turns to my father. "Dustin, leave this house. I don't care if Jess left you. That's your problem to deal with." My mother said, and walked towards my father.

My father got angry very quick. "Why can't you just help me out? I came into town, where I can see you guys and all that shit. But no one cares, right?"

My mother pushes my father out the door. "No Dustin, you didn't come to see the kids, or me for that matter. You don't love me anymore." My mother closes the door and locks it. Out of the window, I can see my father staring at the door in possibly shock. He then turns around, gets into his car, and drives off.

I turn my gaze to my mother, who looks a little distraught. I go over to her.

"He's not important, mom."

My mother looks at me, and she looks to be on the verge of crying. "I did love your father once, Noah. Seeing him again was...difficult."

I see a tear slip from my mom's eyes and I immediately want to kill my father. I walk over to my mother and pull her into a hug. She silently sobs into my shoulder, while I attempt to make her feel better.