Chapter 10

"The truth runs wild, like the rain to the sea.
Tryna set straight the lines that I trace to find some relief.
This voice inside, has been eating at me.
Tryna embrace the picture I paint and color me free."

- Troye Sivan ft. Betty Who, Heaven

Love this song so much <3

(Hunter's POV)

I decided that maybe Noah shouldn't be left alone tonight. So, I asked him to spend the night. We've done it many times before, especially on the nights before tests, when he would stay the night so we could cram together. Really, we would end up tossing the textbooks aside to play video games until three in the morning, but at least we were stressed together.

It was about an hour before Noah came over that I started to worry. I'm not really sure what I had to worry about, but the guy I love who is my bestfriend was coming over to stay the night at my house. And I'm supposed to be straight.

I was pacing in my living room when Brody came out holding his phone. He chuckled before he said goodbye to whoever he was talking to and then he hung up.

Brody glances up at me with a confused frown. "What's got your boxers twisted?"

Brody went and sat down on the couch nearest to me. He gave me a fierce look that said he would bother me until I told him what was bothering me.

"I invited Noah over to stay the night cause something happened today and I wanted to comfort him." I didn't bother telling him what Noah had told me today. I don't know if Noah wants everyone to know his dad was over at his house. So for the sake of his privacy, my brother doesn't need to know until Noah tells him.

Brody chuckles. "Okay? I don't see the problem here. He's staying the night, you're comforting him."

I sigh and slump into the space on the couch beside him. "I don't know what I'm worrying about either."

Brody pats my back and gives me a small smile. "Listen, just act normal. There is nothing to worry about. He's your bestfriend, and he's stayed over many times before. Don't stress about this."

I smile at my brother. I'm so glad I have him in my life to instruct me on things. I may not show it all the time, but I love my brother.

At that moment, there's a knock at the door, and I jump up. Brody smirks and gets up to leave the room, while my mom's head peaks out from the kitchen.

"Is that Noah? Hunter, hun get the door for your bestfriend." My mom says. She goes back to whatever she was doing in the kitchen, probably making dinner.

I take a deep breath, and go towards the door. I open it and see Noah with his hand towards the door, as if he was about to knock again. He puts his hand back to his side once he realizes the door is open.

"Hey, Noah. Come on in, you know my house is your house." Noah chuckles and walks into my living room which is what our front door is connected to.

My dad walks out of his office then, to see Noah standing at the doorway. He shows a small smile and walks towards us.

"Noah! It's good to see you. Give me your hand, son." My dad takes Noah's hand and they shake hands. My dad does that sometimes, cause you know, he's so professional.

Noah smiles a little at my dad. "It's great to see you again, Mr. Adams."

My dad let's go of Noah's hand and smiles again. My dad is a pretty professional person, so he has everyone that isn't family call him Mr. Adams. That's just how he is. My mom though, likes being called by her name, Serise.