Chapter 5

Don't know if y'all have noticed but the cover has been changed! I really like this one and it was made by !! I love it and hope y'all love it too <3

Enjoy the chapter!

(Noah's POV)

Sometimes I wish I didn't always have to go to school.

It's not that school is completely terrible for me. Sometimes, it's pretty cool. Like that one time when all the football players decided to run through the halls during third period. One of the funniest things I've done. Well, it was. Until we were caught by the teachers, who decided the best way to discipline us was cleaning the entire football locker room.

We got a pretty good laugh out of it though.

Overall, school is pretty cool.

"Hey, Noah!"

Except times like these.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" came a feminine voice to my right. You could tell she was trying to flirt with me.

That's Clara. She's the girl that has been trying to "seduce me" since sophomore year. Apparently, she can't take a hint.

"You know, no. I don't want you sitting next to me. I've told you a thousand times, Clara. I don't want to date you, or get with you. I'm sorry. I'm just not into you."

Cause I was into Hunter. But she definitely doesn't need to know that.

"Oh come on, Noah. I know you're just denying your feelings for me." she said, flipping her hair to the side.

"I'm really not into you. If you won't move, then I guess I'll have to go somewhere else."

We were in Chemistry right now. I was currently sitting in some random spot, waiting for one of the boys to come in and sit next to me, that way Clara wouldn't think to come over to me. But she was here early. Sadly.

I moved to a lab table on the other side of the room, just as Hunter walked in the room. I hadn't seen him since last night at Evan's. We pretty much watched horror movies all night.

"Dude, Clara is totally eyeing you, bro." Hunter says to me as he sits down in the lab seat next to me, looking across the room at Clara.

"Yeah, I know. She was trying to flirt with me before you came in here. Girl can't take a hint."

Hunter glared at Clara for a moment, before returning his attention to me. "She needs to lay her girl paws off of you."

I chuckled, it's cute Hunter is protective. Sometimes he acts like we are dating. I wish.

"What? She needs to take a hint. You don't like her, and you obviously don't want to date her." Hunter huffed.

"Dude, it's fine, calm down. Sooner or later, she'll find some other guy to attach herself to."

"She better." Hunter said, before the teacher walked into the classroom and began to teach us.

~~~

It was during lunch, that something happened that started the change in my life.

"Bro, I don't know why you don't just hook up with her, she's hot!" Jack says to me. They were all talking about Clara.

"I don't like her, and I never will." I said, waving them off.

"Why wouldn't you? She's-"

"Dude, he said he didn't like her, and that he wouldn't date her. Quit it." Hunter said, a bit aggressively. He rolled his eyes at his teammates.

"What are you now? His boyfriend?"

I almost choked on the soda I was drinking. Hunter looked wide eyed at Jack.

Silence.

"No I'm not. But I don't like you guys pressuring him into things."

More silence.

I didn't like how awkward it felt, so I left to go to the bathroom.

"I'll be back guys. Going to the bathroom."

(Hunter's POV)

My heart was racing. I didn't want my teammates to figure out I had a crush on Noah, and I especially didn't want him to figure out.

Noah got up to go to the bathroom. As soon as he left, I really wanted to go see if he was okay.

"I'll be right back, guys."

I got up, and ran to the bathroom. Right before I opened the bathroom door, I had to calm down my racing heartbeat. With a deep breath, I opened the door.

Noah was standing next to one of the mirrors on one end of the bathroom. He was running his hand through his hair. I had the sudden urge to kiss him.

But I knew I couldn't.

"Hey, dude, are you okay?"

He turned slightly to see me, then back around at the mirror. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I walked closer to him, a few feet between us.

"Are you sure? I'm here if you need me."

He finally turned around, and walked a little closer to me. "I'm annoyed at Clara. But I'm fine."

That made me angry. I didn't like Clara, and I was always jealous that she could just do that to Noah. Also cause I didn't want her doing that.

I walked closer. "It's okay, really. She'll find some other guy and leave you alone."

It was at that moment that I now realized how close we are. He's only a few inches away from me.

The urge to kiss him grew larger and larger, and I couldn't take it anymore.

So I grabbed his face and I pulled him close. And in that very second, I connected our lips.

And kissed him.

~~~

hehe I left you on a cliffhanger! Guess you'll have to come back for the next chapter to see what happens ;)

And yes, this chapter is kinda short. Sorry about that. But, next chapter will be longer, promise.

And, I changed the cover! This cover was made by , as mentioned at the beginning of the chapter. Thank you to her for doing that for me!

Qotc: what's your favorite type of book to read?

Aotc: mostly fantasy and romance books, but I also really love science fiction stuff :,)

But yeah, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!