Chapter 14

"I wanna sleep next to you,
and that's all I wanna do right now"
- Troye Sivan, Talk Me Down

Sksksksks I love troye sm

(Noah's POV)

Oh my goodness.

I was freaking out

Me and Hunter are actually together.

Of course, we were together in secret. But I am okay with that, and Hunter seems to be okay with that too. For now. Sooner or later, we will have to come out. And then when we do, we'll be able to be a couple in public.

So until that happens, I will kiss him in the corners of the hallways where no one can see us. I will cuddle with him till the early hours in my bedroom or his.

Hunter tells me that Brody already knows about us, and I told him that Jason already knows about us too. Hunter is being cautious about Jason, but I think he's a great guy and has supported me since, so I trust him. It will take Hunter a little while to trust him completely.

Currently I am sitting at the Adams' breakfast table. Hunter was sat next to me, with Brody across from him. And Brody was messing with Hunter.

Brody wasn't exactly being discreet. Every now and then, Brody would smirk at me and Hunter or he would sneak small remarks that only us could hear and not their mom and dad. I could tell this was annoying Hunter, a lot. I had to suppress a laugh at how much joy Brody got from annoying Hunter. Wonder what it's like to have a brother.

At some point, Mr. and Mrs. Adams both got up and left the table. The moment they walked up the stairs, Hunter kicked Brody under the table, causing the latter to grunt in pain.

"What the fuck was that? You couldn't have been any more obvious!"

Brody lifted his hands in surrender. "I was just messing with you. And you know mom and dad didn't even know what was going on, they are about as dense as a rock."

Hunter huffed. "Well either way. I don't-" I interrupted him.

"Hunter, it's okay. I'm okay, you're okay. We're all good, and nothing bad happened. Calm down." I said to him, softly. I grabbed his hand with mine and traced circles on his palm with my thumb to calm him down.

His look softened when he looked at me. I smiled at him and he smiled at me and we heard a cough from Brody.

"God, you guys are so cuddly it's almost gross."

I chuckled. "Yeah, almost."

~~~

I was walking to the school entrance with a smile on my face. It was a rare sight really, I'm sure of it.

Since getting with Hunter, I have felt a lot more content with my life. I don't have to hide myself from him, and he doesn't have to hide himself from me either.

We aren't out to the school yet, so we couldn't act like a couple in public. But I am okay with that. I am willing to stay in the closet until Hunter is ready to come out to everyone. Anything he did, I would do with him. We were in this together now, as cliché as it sounds.

I walked into the school building and I noticed Hunter at his locker. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and smiled at me once he noticed it was me.

"Hey." I breathed out, not being afraid to admire him from where I stood.

"Hey." He said, smiling at me. He came closer to me and hugged me, and I hugged him back. We couldn't kiss in public, but the least we could do was hug each other.

We soon pulled back, so as not to look suspicious. Hunter whispered in my ear before he completely pulled back.

"You really have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now."

It sent shivers down my spine. His hands lingered on my arms a little longer than necessary before he dropped them back down to his sides.

"I really do. But I would like to tell my parents before I tell the entire school. Are you okay with that?" He said, making me smile at him.

"I'll wait for you, Adams. Whatever it takes."

The bell rang, signaling we needed to get to class. I said a quiet goodbye to Hunter and walked down the hallway to my class.

~~~

I was walking down the hallway to my sixth hour class when I heard someone crying.

It instantly had me worried. Even though I didn't know who the person was, I instantly wanted to check on them. I always felt the need to comfort anyone who was crying.

The crying was faint, but I could still hear it. I followed the whimpers to a corner of the hallway that no one ever went down. As I got closer, I noticed the cries were coming from behind some of the older lockers. They were easy to move out of place.

I got to a set of lockers and the cries had gotten louder, to the point where I noticed that the cries were coming from a girl. I moved one of the lockers further away from the wall and looked behind it to see a girl looking up at me, tears clouding her eyes.

It took me mere seconds to realize that I recognized the person. It was Clara.

"Clara? What's wrong?"

She scoffed and glared at me, not responding. The tears were still rolling down her face, though. She needed someone to talk to.

"Hey," I said, "you can talk to me. What happened?"

She looked up at me again, her glare moving off her face. Now resting upon her face was a sad look, one that I had seen way too much on the face of myself sometimes.

"Why are you even talking to me? I've been so rude to you over the past month."

I think about all the times she hasn't really treated me right, and she's right. I shouldn't be talking to her. But I'm too nice to let someone alone when they are crying. She clearly needs someone to talk to.

"I don't care about that. You clearly need someone to vent to."

I sat down next to her and patted her on the back. This caused her to cry some more, however. I pulled her into a hug and she hugged me back.

We sat in silence as I let her just cry next to me as I hugged her. After a while she pulled away, and smiled at me.

"Now, do you want to talk about it?" I asked her, and she laughed half-heartedly.

"My friends aren't really my friends, and never really have been my friends. They make me do things I don't want to do, and I do them just to make sure they don't...figure stuff out."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "What stuff would they find out?"

She blushed slightly and turned her head away from me. She said something but I didn't hear it.

"What?"

She turned back to me, more confident this time. "So they don't figure out I'm gay."

~~~

Hehehehhehehe

Oh I always loved and hated cliffhangers

I'm sorry for this chapter being late for you guys! ;( I didn't have as much time to write this one cause I went to a concert, but I managed to get it out not too late :)

Qotc: Do you like gym class?

Aotc: Oh god I hated gym class. As long as you had friends in there it wasn't that bad, but there were some things that I really didn't want to do in there.

Anyways, hope you all liked this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!