Chapter 22

(Hunter's POV)

The last couple days have been difficult at school. People have been looking at us, Noah and I. I try not to look at them, because it bothers me but I have to comfort Noah. When people look at us, sometimes it bothers him and sometimes it doesn't. When it does I make sure to grab his hand to comfort him.

We are openly being a couple in front of people. Noah is fine with it, saying people already know so we might as well. Some people have come up to us to tell us they support us, but mostly people just stare.

It kinda freaks me out if I'm being honest, cause I have no idea what they are thinking.

Tonight Noah is spending with his mom and Maria. I asked if he wanted me over there to comfort him, but he said he will be fine with his mom. So now I'm sitting at dinner with my parents, along with Brody who keeps sending me curious stares.

He doesn't go to school anymore, so Brody knows nothing about what has been going on the past few days. I have yet to tell him, I just haven't really told anyone who doesn't already know. I guess I have been looking kind of down lately. The only people to cheer me up are my friends or my boyfriend.

After dinner is over, I walk to my room only for Brody to follow me. I shut the door but he opens it as soon as I shut it, closing it right when I sit on my bed.

"Okay, what is going on? I'm not stupid, I know something happened. Did something happen with you and Noah?"

I sigh, my brother comes over to sit on my bed. I look up at him and he gives me a look that says, 'so?'

I sigh again, before saying, "Nothing happened between us. We were-um..."

Brody raises his eyebrows.

"Jack and his group of little shits, they, um...they outted us." I said, looking back down. Cause I couldn't look at his face.

It was silent for a moment, before, "What?"

"Yeah, I know. I already have plans to bash his head in."

"Well I mean, how is Noah?" He asked, looking at me with concern.

"He seems to be handling it okay. Whenever I see that he's not I try my best to comfort him. We act like a couple around school cause there's no reason to act like nothing happened when they all know."

Brody put a hand on my shoulder. "How are you feeling about this Hunter?"

It was the first time I had given thought to my own feelings. I was busy being strong for Noah, I didn't give myself time to be left alone in my thoughts to think about it long enough.

"I mean, I'm handling." I said, but really it wasn't going all that well. Some of the glares people give me just for being gay.

Brody, whether he saw through my shield or not, pulled me into a hug. I loved hugging my brother, he was almost like my protector.

"I know your being strong for Noah, but you need someone to comfort you as well."

I smiled. "Thank you bro."

We laughed and there was a knock on my door. I got up and opened it, seeing my dad on the other side. He smiled at me.

"Hey, son. I was going to go and get you some sports equipment, did you want to come with me?"

raised my eyebrows, because it's not often that my dad asks me to hang out with him. I turn around and look at Brody, and he smiled encouragingly.

"Um, yeah sure dad. Let me get changed."

~~~

We were walking through the sports store, silently. I could feel dad's eyes on me from time to time, and it was making me nervous.

"Son, what's going on? You haven't seemed like yourself lately." My dad said, finally turning to me to look at me head on.

"I'm fine, dad. Just some stress from school." He smiled, but he still looked concerned.

"Are you absolutely sure? You can talk to me."

Can I really talk to you though? I questioned in my head.

I smiled. "Thanks, dad. But I am good."

He smiled at me. "Alright. Now, lets look at that football gear over there, looks expensive."

I laughed and followed my dad over to the football section. Some of the stuff was really expensive and we wouldn't buy it, but It was nice to look at it.

~~~

Dad and I finally got home after spending money on a few things. He got me some more football gear, along with some Nike clothes and gear.

I decided to stop by Noah's house to see how he was doing. I wanted to make sure he was doing okay, hopefully they wouldn't mind me stopping by randomly.

Though I do it a lot already.

I walked up to Noah's window and tapped a few times, hoping he's in his room. A few minutes goes by before the curtain gets pulled to the side and Noah looks out at me curiously.

"Hunter?" He opens the window and allows me to climb in, going to sit on his bed.

"Why don't you ever use the front door?" He asks, pulling me into his side once I sit down on the bed. I shrug.

"What's the fun in that?"

He smiles and leans his head against my chest. Its a few minutes before I hear him speak.

"What are we going to do about school?" He says, making me sigh.

"What do you want to do about it?" I ask, sitting up to look at him.

"I just want to continue being with you." He says, grabbing my hand.

I smile. "Me too. You know I love you so much."

He smiles. "I love you more."

I scoff. "Not possible."

Noah leans forward and kisses me on the cheek. Before he can move back I grab his chin and bring his face closer to mine to kiss his lips. He makes a noise of surprise but doesn't move away.

I pull away after a minute and rest my forehead against his. I kiss his nose, making him chuckle.

"I love you."

He smiles and whispers, "I love you too."

~~~

They are so cute omg I love my children.

Qotc: If you play video games, what video games do you play?

Aotc: I play Assassin's Creed A LOT.

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!