Chapter 11

(Noah's POV)

Waking up in Hunter's arms?

Most definitely one of the best things on this planet.

Panic soon settled in me, though. I knew, that if Hunter woke up and we were still like this, there would be unanswered questions in the air. Awkwardness. Confusion. And I didn't want any of that, especially not this early in the morning.

So being very quick, but also remaining to be quiet, I somehow managed to slip out from under Hunter's grasp. I quickly walked to his bathroom so I could brush my teeth and go pee.

After doing that, I peeked my head out from the bathroom to see that Hunter was still asleep. I considered going to wake him up, before his door was busted open and in walked Brody.

"Hello all fellow males of this bedroom, it is time to get up!"

Brody was very obnoxious and I knew he was trying to annoy Hunter. Hunter groaned and I turned to see him looking between me and Brody with a foggy expression that told me he was still partly asleep.

"Brody...what the fuck are you doing in my room this early in the morning?"

"Well, I for one wanted to wake you up for school, because I know you hate when I do that."

Hunter groaned and pulled the bedsheets off of him, before standing next to me. I looked him up and down discretely, noticing that his hair was all messed up from his sleeping.

Brody turned his gaze to me, "You might want to watch, he sometimes gets sassy in the mornings."

I laughed while Hunter picked up a pillow and chucked it at Brody's face. He held his hands up in surrender, "Alright, stop throwing things at me, I'll go."

Brody then turned his back to us and left the room. Hunter turned to me and yawned.

"Well, neither of us want to go to school, but we know we have to, so lets haul our sorry asses there alright?"

~~~

Once arriving at school, I notice there are a few people that are standing at the front entrance. One of which, I recognize as Clara.

I immediately hope that she's not waiting for me. No, she can't be, can she? I hope not. What if we can't pass by her fast enough when we go through the front doors?

Hunter must be able to sense my stress, because he follows my gaze to Clara before he sighs.

"It'll all be okay, alright? Just walk right past her, and nothing will happen."

I tried to take comfort in his words, but there was still the slight fear in me that something would happen.

I gulp as we walk closer and closer to the front doors, closer and closer to my doom. We pass by the entrance and we walk into the school, and I sigh in relief knowing that I avoided Clara, for now.

"Did you just pass me by, Chambers?" I hear Clara say, and I know I'm not as lucky as I thought.

I turn to her and awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. "I don't know, maybe."

Clara turns away from her friends and starts walking towards me. I'm freaking out, but I manage to keep my cool. She is about half a foot away from me when she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"You are pretty hot." she says, "You could have a piece of this anytime, you know."

I gulp as her hand travels from my shoulder to my chest. I'm not sure if she's trying to turn me on right now, but whatever it is isn't working. Probably cause I'm gay.