Chapter 24

Hey guys, sorry for this update being so late. I was having major writers block so I wasn't sure what to write. But today I got inspiration back! So, hope you all love this chapter.

(Noah's POV)

I wake up for school, which I'll tell you, I was kind of excited about but also not.

We have a football game today. This one is important. Our other football games were important too, yes, but this one is the most important. We are going against our rival, the Triton High Panthers. Our entire football team genuinely wanted to crush them to the ground.

I walk out of my room to the kitchen once I am ready, and I see mom in the kitchen making breakfast. I grab a bowl and start pouring myself some milk to eat some cereal.

I can feel mom's gaze on me, so I turn to look at her. She is looking thoughtfully at me.

"What's wrong, mom?"

She smiles at me before turning back to making breakfast. "Nothing is wrong, Noah. I'm very proud of you."

I walk over to her. "That's great but...why in particular?"

She chuckles. "I know that being out to your school probably isn't the best thing. But you are taking it a lot better than I thought you would. And I'm proud of you, Hunter and you never succumbed to the pressure. You stood your ground."

I smiled warmly at my mom. Of course I never told her that we are pretty sure that Jack outed Hunter and I. I'm not really sure what to do about him, to be honest.

"Thank you mom. I love you." She smiles at me and pulls me into a hug.

We both hear the ding of the doorbell, which we know is Hunter. I pull away from mom.

"Don't get into any trouble, Noah." My mom sends me a playful glare, and I laugh.

"No promises."

I am walking to the door when I hear small footsteps, which I know are Maria's. I turn and see her running down the hallway.

"Bubby!" I smile when I see her running towards me.

"I saw Hunty!" She must have seen him outside the window. I look out the front window and see him sitting in his car. He sees me and smiles.

I turn back to Maria. "Yeah, he's here to pick me up Marie. The next time he comes over you can see him."

"Okay!" She says, and runs back to her room. I chuckle, opening the door.

"Love you, mom." I yell to her.

"I love you too, Noah. Don't get into trouble!" She yells back.

~~~

"I don't care about the people at school anymore, Hunter." I say to him when we are a block away from the school. He turns to me.

He smiles. "Today is the day we don't care about those fuckers and we waltz in there like there's no tomorrow."

I laugh, and so does he.

Hunter parks the car and we get out. I walk over to Hunter's side, putting my hand in his. He squeezes my hand back, smiling at me.

I take a deep breath before we walk through the school doors. A lot of people still stare, but some seem to have gone on with their lives. Thankfully.

I walk through the school halls, confidently holding Hunter's hand. We turn the corner and I see two females waiting by their lockers. They take notice of us and start walking towards us.