Chapter 19

(Noah's POV)

Hunter and I had a good few days. It was spring break, so we had the entire week to hang out with each other. We were constantly going over to each other's houses and going on random cheesy dates.

A few nights we invited Clara and Jason over to Hunter's house to stay the night, and Brody would occasionally join us when we were on our movie marathons, or when we were playing against each other on Hunter's PlayStation. It really was great.

I was sitting at the breakfast table with my mom, who had cooked up some wonderful blueberry pancakes. Hunter was sitting across from me, also enjoying his pancakes. Mom had a real knack for cooking. Maria was over at a friends house, but don't ask me how she already has such great friends at five years old.

"So..." My mom began, slightly looking up from her pancakes to gaze at Hunter and I. We looked at her patiently, waiting for her to say what she wanted to say. I brought my glass of milk up to my lips to drink from it.

"...are either of you seeing someone?"

Promptly, the milk I had been swallowing was spit out, me looking at my mom with wide eyes. Hunter looked back and forth between my mom and me, finally landing his gaze on the sunflower tablecloth.

"W-what do you mean by that?" I asked, and rolled my eyes mentally at my stutter.

"I mean it's just...I figured if you guys had girlfriends at this point then you would be seeing them during spring break." My mom brought her glass of orange juice up to her lips.

Try boyfriends and we might be closer to the truth. All the homo here.

"Mom, neither of us are taken, no girlfriends."

I almost slipped up and said boyfriends, which would have brought up quite the uproar. I looked up at Hunter and he was giving me a caring look. One that said whenever you are ready.

"Alright, and that's fine. You don't need to be in a relationship right now if you don't want to. I just want to know what is going on in my son's life." Mom smiled at me and Hunter, and we began talking about football, as always.

Lets hope I forget this conversation even happened.

~~~

Hours later, and it became apparent that I wasn't going to forget about that conversation. In fact, it was the only thing I had been thinking about all day.

Hunter could tell something was bothering me, so he tried to make me less tense by being all cuddly. It got my mind off of it for a little while, but the second my mind became clear the conversation swept back into my mind.

What would happen if I told mom about me and Hunter? Of course, I would ask Hunter if he was okay with that first. I would never tell someone about him unless he was okay with it.

I was almost sure mom would be okay with it. Almost. We never really talked about anything having to do with gay people, straight people, or anyone in between. But my mom also never walked around the house angry when they came up on the TV. So, maybe I had more of a chance she would accept me than I thought.

"I can tell you are thinking about it." Hunter spoke with a mouthful of popcorn. He was trying to get me to think about other things by distracting me with a movie and being all cuddly together, but it wasn't working as well as I hoped.

"Maybe." I moved my arm from the popcorn bowl and put a few pieces in my mouth to eat. I laid down next to Hunter, putting my head on his chest.

"You know if you want to tell her I am here to support you." Hunter put his arm around me and pulled me closer to his side.

"Would you be okay with me telling her about us?" I looked up into Hunter's eyes, and he looked down at me. He smiled.

"Noah, I love you. And I know we haven't talked about it much, but I am willing to come out to the whole school if that's what you want to do. Or maybe you want to stay in the closet for a little while. And that's okay too. Whatever you are comfortable with."

I stared up at my boyfriend in awe, because he truly was the best out there. I couldn't be happier being anyone else's.

I sighed, sitting up. I leaned over and pecked him on the cheek, and I smiled at him.

"You truly are the best boyfriend ever." I said, leaning over and pecking him on the cheek again. He smiled and grabbed my chin, turning my face ever so slightly to plant kisses on my lips.

~~~

"Mom? I have something I need to tell you."

Perhaps that wasn't the best way to start this conversation. But it already came out of my mouth, can't take it back now.

"Yes sweetie, what is it?"

Hunter came up next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. He leaned in and whispered into my ear.

"It will all be okay, your mother loves you too much to hate you for something like this."

I looked over at my mom from the other side of the room, and she was watching and waiting intently for what I was about to say. I looked back at Hunter and gave him a small nod before him and I walked over to the couch, sitting next to mom.

"Noah? What's going on?" My mom looked over to me and Hunter. I only smiled back at her. I looked back over at Hunter and smiled, grabbing his hand.

"Mom...I'm gay." I said, looking up at mom to see her reaction. She simply stared at me. After a moment of silence, she smiled.

"Is that all?"

Slightly shocked at her words, I turned to Hunter and saw him smiling at me.

"Well, Hunter and I are dating." To emphasize that, I leaned my head on Hunter's chest, and I could feel his heart beating erratically.

Mom's smile grew even wider and she stood up, walking over to me and Hunter. I stood up as well, and mom gave me a tight hug.

"Sweetie, did you really think I would be mad at you for this?"

I smiled brightly at her. She really is the best mom ever.

"Thank you, mom. I love you."

She smiled at me. "I love you too, Noah."

~~~

Oh goddddd my children are so cute

I'm sorry for this chapter being a week late, me pretty much skipping last weeks update. It's been a long week.

Qotc: Do you own a dog?

Aotc: Yes, she's a small and cute little shit :)

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!