Chapter 28

I am so grateful that you guys stumbled upon my book and decided to read it. I mean I'm not even sure how I got 3K reads on it! But I send all my appreciation to you guys for reading, love you all sm

Also I believe this book is close to over? I loved writing this book for you guys.

(Noah's POV)

After Hunter left, I was slightly worried. I didn't really know where his dad was taking him, but he didn't look like he wanted to do anything bad to Hunter so I didn't want to come in between them.

About an hour passed and soon, I heard the front door open and then close. Brody and I were sitting in Hunter's room, patiently waiting for them to come back whilst biting back the nerves in both our stomachs.

I got up to go downstairs and Brody followed me. Walking downstairs I see Hunter which makes me feel a lot better. I also see Hunter's dad, who looks quite happy. Actually, they both look happy.

I see Hunter's mom go over to Hunter's dad and they begin to talk quietly. At first, Serise looks pissed. Probably because Hunter's dad walked off without saying anything. But slowly, her expression turns into a smile. She looks at Hunter's dad almost...proudly?

Hunter walks over to me and smiles at me before pulling me into a hug. I tighten my hold on him and kiss his cheek, turning his head to look at me.

"Hey. Are you alright? Nothing bad happened?" I asked, searching Hunter's face for any sign that says he's unhappy.

He smiles at me, a smile that's so bright it makes my insides turn to mush. I love his smile.

"I'm happy. Nothing bad happened, I promise. He accepts me Noah." He says it so excitedly that it makes me smile at his words. I knew his dad wouldn't be stupid enough to let Hunter go.

Brody, who had apparently been listening to our conversation, butts in. "He did? Oh thank god." I let Hunter go and he turns to Brody before hugging him as well.

"Alright guys. I think I've caused enough trouble tonight. Why don't we all go to bed. I'm exhausted." Hunter's dad says, pulling Serise with him up the stairs and to their room.

Brody, Hunter and I all go upstairs and into Hunter's room, where Hunter explains to us what happened. Brody looks close to tears at the end, but quickly wipes the tears away before they fall.

After a while of us just stupidly chatting, Brody goes into his room, leaving Hunter and I to peacefully fall asleep, knowing everything is good in life right now.

~~~

The next day of school goes pleasantly well. Our whole group discusses how Hunter's parents reacted, thankful that they both accept and love him. It still blows my mind that there are people who stop loving their children once they come out as LGBTQ.

We all sat down at lunch, eating some food that looked like it was pulled from the garbage.

"What is this shit?" Jason says, sitting down in his seat next to Clara.

I pull out my phone and go to the school website, looking at the cafeteria menu. "Apparently, it's pulled pork. That's why you got a bun, to put the pulled pork on it by yourself." I said, looking down at my food which didn't really look like pulled pork.

Jason looked down at his and scoffed before pushing the tray in the center of the table. "I would rather not."

I scrunch up my nose at mine, before pulling out a bag of chips that I saved in my backpack for lunch. I suppose this will do.

"See, that's what you two get for not packing your lunch." Clara says from her side of the table. Clara never eats school lunch, and I can't really blame her. She has a few fruits and vegetables in a container, along with a small package of Oreos that she has already eaten. In front of her is a small paper plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it.

I glance over at Hunter's food. He also packs his lunch, the only day he doesn't is when the cafeteria serves pizza. He has a small bowl with meatballs in it, I'm sure his mom made them.

"I'm too lazy to pack my lunch." I say, leaning my head on Hunter's shoulder. He uses his hand that isn't holding his spoon to run his fingers through my hair.

"I could always have mom pack you something and I'll bring it for you." He says, grabbing his apple that he never eats and giving it to me. I take it, biting into it. I don't know how, but he always brings these apples that taste like heaven. I love them, and Hunter doesn't really like apples so he gives them to me.

"As tempting as it sounds, I don't want your-"

I stop midsentence when I see a pair of legs walking towards our table. Looking up, and upon closer inspection, I see it's Evan. We haven't talked to him since before Hunter and I were outed.

"Hey, guys." He says, sort of awkwardly. I can feel this tension in the air, and I don't like it. Hunter, Jason and I used to be close with Evan, so it's unfortunate that we have sort of grown apart from him.

"Hey...dude..." Jason says, picking up his can of Sprite to hide his awkwardness.

We all sit in silence for a minute, before Hunter speaks up. "Why aren't you sitting with the football guys?"

All of us have migrated to a new table since becoming friends. It's not that we dislike all of the guys on the football team, or that they dislike us. But some of them don't like Clara, from her reputation that she put up. It was all a show, but the people in our group are the only people who know that.

Evan looks over all of us, before seeing how close Hunter and I are. He doesn't seem surprised, he probably already knows. He doesn't seem disgusted, either.

"I just...I wanted to see how you guys were doing. We haven't talked in a while, and I don't know. The group just seems boring without you guys. So I just, came over here..."

I smiled a little. At least he's making the effort. I looked to all my table mates, who nodded at me. I turned to Evan, "You can sit with us, if you want."

Evan smiled brightly at that, before taking a seat next to Jason. The rest of the day flew by pretty fast, with Evan hanging out with us whenever he could.

Now, our group of four had become a group of five.

~~~

As I'm writing this, I'm hungry. Should probably eat something soon.

Qotc: Do you like school?

Aotc: I mean, it's okay. I suppose...

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!