Chapter 17

So this story is only going to go to about Chapter 25 or so, that way it's a short but also kind of semi-length story.

So I guess this story has only a little under ten chapters left before it ends?

Oh my goodness y'all I can't even this story is going to be over in a month or two. Holy shit.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter because we have more time before the end of this book. Also Happy Easter! (That is, if you celebrate it.)

(Hunter's POV)

The past couple of months have gone by great. Noah and I are going on strong, and school has been good too. I haven't been as stressed lately, so my grades are good right now. My dad even brought it up during dinner.

"So son, it looks like your grades have gone up. That's good. Keep it up." He flashed me a smile and I smiled back at him, because I know something he doesn't.

Noah and I go on dates whenever we can. Of course, they aren't always fancy dinners and whatnot. Sometimes I just come over to his house and we just cuddle for hours and eventually fall asleep. Other times I'll take Noah to dinners, or maybe we'll go out and do something different. But either way, I love spending time with him. I love him.

Wait. Did I just think that?

Do I love him?

I ask myself this question, but I know it's true. I loved him long before we actually started going out. I have yet to tell him, because I'm too worried he doesn't love me yet.

I mean, what if he needs more time? What if I say it too early? Would I make our relationship awkward if I said it too early?

I worry myself with these thoughts, not even noticing Jason walking towards me.

"Hey Hunter."

I would hate to ruin our relationship. It feels like I just asked him out yesterday. I know though, that we've been together a little under a year now.

My attention is brought out of my thoughts when there's a slap on my face. I face forward to see Jason looking at me quizzically.

"Do I really need to slap you to gain your attention?" He asks, chuckling.

"No, sorry. Just thinking."

Jason narrows his eyes at me. "About what?"

I sigh. Should I tell him? I trust him, and I've been great friends with him since me and Noah got together.

"I think...um." I look around to see if anyone is paying attention to us. No one is, so I grab Jason's sleeve and pull him to a more secluded part of the hallway.

"I think I love him." I say to him, although I know I love Noah.

He doesn't look shocked. Instead he scoffs and he breaks out a smile.

"Did you really think I didn't know that? With the way you look at him, anyone paying enough attention would notice."

I feel a little flustered, and I can feel the blush rising to my cheeks. I scratch the back of my neck. "Really?"

Jason nods. "Yes, really. But don't worry, I only noticed because I pay enough attention."

I cocked my head at him. "Do you really?" With a smirk.

Jason realized what he said and laughed. "No homo dude."

Jason and I both started laughing. I turned and saw Noah walking towards us. I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me.

"Hey." I said when he was closer to us. When he was within arms reach I pulled him to me and into a hug, because we were still in public so I couldn't kiss him.

Yes, me and Noah are both still in the closet. I don't know if I like being so secluded about our relationship with the rest of the world, but the safety of the closet is very comforting. But I need to come out soon, for Noah if no one else. I need to be able to show him that I am committed to him. That I am willing to come out for him.

"Hey." He says against my chest. We rock back and forth a little, and Jason laughs.

"Just know, if anyone gives you guys any type of shit when you guys come out I will beat their asses. I got your backs."

I smile at Jason and he smiles back at me and pats my shoulder.

I hear footsteps behind Noah and I turn to see Clara walking up to us. She smiles at all of us.

"What's up my hoes?" She says, standing besides Noah.

Jason groans. "Mom wants to talk to me when I get home and I have no idea what she wants. Guys, I'm scared."

We all laugh. "Maybe it's cause your grades." Noah says, crossing his arms.

Jason scoffs. "Maybe. I hope it's not, she'll rip me a new one."

Clara raises her hand. "Hello? I offered for you to study with me, but someone said he was, 'too cool for that shit'." She quoted, rolling her eyes.

"Pfft, I still am." He says, smirking to himself. I reach my hand over and wack the side of his chin, but not too hard.

"Sorry Jay. You aren't that cool." I say, making Noah laugh. He has a beautiful laugh.

"Damn Hunter. Thanks for knocking my pride." He says, playfully glaring at me.

I smile innocently. "No problem."

~~~

"No but like seriously, she's one of the hottest, yet also cutest females I've met in my entire life." Clara says to me, looking over to our right in the hallway. Jessica Lockwood was currently leaning against the lockers with her girlfriend, who Clara tells me is named Lilliana. Clara says that she's a good person, but she is still jealous of her cause she is dating her crush.

We are currently walking to Geometry. It's one of the only classes I have with Clara that I don't have Noah in. He's in Health right now, probably bored off his ass. He tells me Health is the worst class on his schedule.

"Well, I can't say that I find her that attractive. Boobs aren't really my thing, ya know." I say, making Clara laugh.

"Technically Noah's man-boobs are your thing." she whispers to me, making me laugh.

"You got that right."

We walk into the Geometry classroom and sit down towards the back, because neither me or Clara like getting attention in that class. We also have this class with Jack, but none of us talk to him. We don't like Jack, since he has always been a bit homophobic and a jerk who can't keep his dick in his pants.

"Alright class, pull out your homework from last night. I hope you guys didn't find it too difficult..." the teacher trails off as I reach to pull out the homework that was unfinished. I turn to Clara as she reaches into her folder. I give her a pleading face and she rolls her eyes.

"Fine. But if you get caught cheating, this paper isn't mine." She says, reaching into her bag to look for her homework. I smile triumphantly.

I can feel a gaze on my back, so I turn to the other end of the classroom. Sitting on the other end of the classroom lies no other than Jack Taylor. You know, the one we all don't like. He is staring at me, so I stare back at him. After a minute I raise one eyebrow, as to say, 'what?'. He scoffs lightly and turns away from me.

Well, that was weird.

~~~

Oh my more drama ;)

Qotc: Does your family go egg-hunting on Easter? (If you celebrate it)

Aotc: We do lmao so many colored eggs and candy :)

I hope you all liked this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!