Chapter 3

I hope people enjoy this story, at least one person. Then again, I'm also not sure if it would change whether or not I write, cause I love this story.

Anyway, here's an update!

(Noah's POV)

As I stood there waiting for Hunter to walk out of his stall, I realized I wasn't sure what I wanted to say to him. I hadn't really planned anything, I just knew I wanted to talk to him and settle the awkwardness between us. As much as I like him, he's still my best friend. And I miss him.

He slowly walks out the stall and walks so he's a few feet away from me. It's a little awkward, probably since I haven't said anything yet.

"Well? You said you wanted to talk about something."

I nod. "Yes. I just wanted to talk about the other night..." I trail off and Hunter blushes.

I stay silent for a moment as I try to figure out what I want to say. I don't want to tell him I like him, since he probably doesn't like me back, and was teasing me earlier. I also don't want to lose our friendship by making things awkward by letting him know I'm gay. Whilst I'm still thinking, words come out of my mouth that I didn't exactly mean.

"I uh- noticed your shoes the other night. That's what I was looking at. I know it kinda seemed like I was looking at your ass, but I wasn't and I wanted to tell you so nothing was awkward, I'm sorry."

The word jumble just came out of my mouth, and I definitely didn't agree with any of them. It also sounded like a load of bullshit. But this would prevent me from dealing with the awkwardness of him figuring out I'm gay and would keep our friendship.

I finally spare a glance at Hunter, and he's biting down on his lip. It takes all the effort in me not to stare at them, or worse, lick my own lips. He looks like he's deep in thought.

"Alright. I understand, thanks for telling me, man."

It kinda hurts me that he didn't jump to see my lie, but I was also the one that said it. So I guess I deserve this.

"Yeah, no problem." I hold my hand out. "Non-awkwardness again?" I ask, willing him to shake my hand.

He smiles slightly and takes my hand and shakes it firmly. "Non-awkwardness." He smiles again then, but it seems a little forced. I don't put too much thought to it.

~~~

(Hunter's POV)

I'm not quite sure what that was.

I definitely don't think I believe that he was looking at my shoes. But then again, this is also Noah we are talking about. To the outside world, he may seem normal, really cool even. But he's my best friend, and I know him too well to know he isn't necessarily the most normal person.

I didn't want to call him out on his lie, though. For all I know, may be he was looking at my shoes, though it's doubtful. But the small percent that he might have been and that I might make myself look like an idiot, is enough to get me to keep my mouth shut.

~~~

AN: sorry for switching that up hehe. I wanted you guys to see his thoughts on that convo :)

(Noah's POV) (AN: back to him again lol)

Practice is definitely a bitch sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love football. I love my team, well most of them. I also love coach like a second dad.

But damn, I also hate it.