Chapter 15

Sorry for this chapter being up late :(
But I hope you enjoy it!

(Noah's POV)

I stared at Clara in shock. Did she really just say what I think she just said?

"You...really?"

She blushed at that and tucked a bit of her hair behind her ear. She looked away from me for a moment before she turned back to me.

"When my 'friends' started getting hints that I liked girls, they wanted me to prove to them that I wasn't. So that's why I was always flirting with you. I wanted them to think that I was interested in you." She finished, catching her breath.

My eyes widened at her words. So she never really liked me? She's into girls? I'm okay with that. Actually, more than okay with that.

I smiled at her. "You know that's okay, right? Being attracted to girls, I mean. You can like or love whoever the hell you want. Other people shouldn't have a say in your preferences."

She smiled at me. "Thank you, Noah. I'm sorry for pushing you into that locker, for flirting with you...I was trying to make sure that those bitches didn't catch onto the idea that I was a lesbian. God, that feels weird to say out loud."

I laughed, and she laughed too. Then I turned to her. "So, any girls on the market for you?"

She blushed at that. "Um, well I mean-kinda..."

I raised my eyebrows and whistled. "That's progress. Who is she?"

She groaned and put her head against the wall. "She's gorgeous. She's got this short black hair, darker than the night sky. She's kinda short, but that's only because I'm pretty tall. She's sassy, outgoing and doesn't give two shits about anyone's opinion. She's great."

"Have you ever talked to her?" I asked, trying to figure out who it was.

She sighed. "No. I'm too chicken to do it. And I knew that if I tried to approach her, my friends would never approve. I don't even know if I can call them friends."

I raised an eyebrow. "What's her name?"

"Jessica Lockwood."

My eyes widened. How did I not remember her based off of Clara's description?

Jessica Lockwood was the perfect example of teenage girl and punk rock mixed together. She was very known by our school, because she never cared about anyone's opinion. It was never a good idea to get on her bad side. She came out as lesbian in  sophomore year, and anyone who gave her problems about it were soon shut up with Jessica's sarcastic comebacks and 'I don't give a shit' personality.

Me and Hunter, as well as Clara and Jessica, were all Juniors.

"Jessica? Really? Well, I guess I can't blame you. She is pretty."

Clara glared at me a bit, almost as if I would take Jessica away from her. And then I remembered that I hadn't exactly told her I was gay yet.

"Oh right. Well, you won't have to worry about me liking your girl crush. Im gay."

Clara's eyes widened. "Really? Although, you never reacted to me flirting with you, so I suppose I should have expected it."

We both laughed. I'm not entirely sure why I trusted Clara to know that I was gay. But if she trusted me enough to tell me about Jessica and her liking girls, then I could trust her with my secret.

What I wouldn't do, though, is tell her about Hunter. Hunter being gay is his own secret, and I will not tell someone about it unless he wants me to.