Chapter 30

So this chapter came out a lot later than I expected it to come out. Obviously it's not summer anymore, so schools back and I've been tired and very busy from that. It's a lot more difficult to write during the week now.

However, this is the final chapter! There is an Author's Note after this chapter so please read it! It has some important info in it.

(Hunter's POV)

Today is finally the day I have been waiting for all year long.

The last day of school.

The end of our junior year, and next year my friends and I will all be seniors. Crazy to think how fast time has gone by.

The day before the last day of school is when our school had all of our final exams, that way it allows us to chill the last day of school. Or some kids don't come at all. We do though. Mainly cause Jason's mom and my mom would kill us if we missed, so Clara, Noah and Evan come to keep us company.

The first half of the day goes by so fast, I barely even realize lunch is almost here until it is. We all go to the cafeteria, where there are a significant amount of empty seats. They serve pizza, due to it being the last lunch of the school year. Pizza is my favorite, and I eat my entire two slices of pizza before Noah can even finish his apple.

"Holy shit, babe." He says, laughing at my eating habits.

"Oh, you haven't seen anything yet. I can eat a whole thing of popcorn in like two minutes." Evan says. I raise my eyebrows at him, curiously.

"Is that a tested fact?" I asked interested.

He chuckled. "Maybe."

All of us at the table chuckled and we all heard a gasp from Clara. We all turn to her, waiting to see what she had to say.

"I have an idea!" she said, causing us all to give her questioning stares.

"Which is?" Noah asked, taking a sip from his soda.

"You should all come over to my house tonight for a sleepover. We can watch movies and play videogames and eat tons of junk shit. It'll be great." Clara said excitedly.

I thought about this. "I'm down." I said, knowing mom would let me if she knew it was Clara. Mom has met Clara a few times and loves her.

Noah shrugs. "Mom will let me, so sure."

"I'll have to check to make sure I don't have to take my siblings anywhere tonight, but probably." Evan said.

We all looked to Jason for his answer. He looked at us with a questioning glance.

"Oh you know I'll be there no matter what." He said and we all smiled at each other.

"Then it's settled." Clara said, clapping her hands together. "I'll meet you all at Henry's Diner tonight so we can have dinner, then we can all drive back to my house."

We all nodded saying excited yay's and whoops. Henry's Diner had the best food.

~~~

Later on after dinner we all drove back to Clara's house, Noah and I in my car, Jason and Evan in Evan's car, and Clara driving by herself. There was going to be a lot of cars in her driveway.

"I think," Noah started, and I looked over at him quickly before looking back at the road.

"Hmm?" I asked, and Noah smiled.

"I think this year was good." He says, then hesitates. "Actually, I think it was awesome."

I looked over at him curiously, asking him to continue.

"Well, obviously the stuff that happened with Jack sucked." He said. "But we made some new friends. Or, I guess, best friends."

I smiled thinking about Clara and Jason, and how close we are now. And Evan, who is slowly but surely becoming close with us too.

"And us." I added, reaching one hand over to hold his. He smiled and grabbed my hand, entwining it with his.

"Funny, I was just about to say the same thing." He said, looking at me with a smirk.

I chuckled. "I love you." I said, pulling his hand to my lips and kissing it. I loved being a romantic, cause I knew he loved it when I was. And I just loved him in general, so I liked showing it.

"I love you too." He said, just as we pulled up to Clara's house.

We all get out of our cars and Clara tells us that her parents are home right now, but that they are upstairs in their bedroom. We can make as much noise as we want in the basement, so we quickly grab the snacks we bought after school and head into her house and downstairs to the basement.

Clara's basement is completely finished, so it looks more like a large game room. There's a red couch on one side of the room, shaped in an L. It's huge, enough that three of us could sleep on it.

On the other side of the room opposite of the couch is a TV, with a TV stand underneath it. The TV stand has storage compartments where the PS4 sits.

There is a small bar counter with bar stools to compliment it, with a mini fridge sitting close to it. Towards the other side of the room there is a pool table and a cabinet with multiple awards in it, some being from Clara's parents' days in high school, and some from Clara herself.

Overall, the room looked like the perfect place for us to camp out for tonight.

Clara goes over to the mini fridge and puts in some refrigerated snacks that we bought today, leaving the other snacks in the bag. Noah reaches over and grabs the bag, pulling out the things we bought that don't need to be in the fridge.

Noah pulls out Doritos, Pringles, a bunch of different candies, Oreos, cookies, and a bunch of other sugary stuff we could binge eat.

"Ya'll are trying to give me diabetes." Jason says, snatching the Doritos and opening them to eat some. We all chuckle and Evan reaches in to eat some as well.

"Alright guys, what do we want to watch first? I have The new Lion King movie, some Jurassic Park movies, some Marvel movies-"

"Do you have the Deadpool movie?" Evan cuts in.

Clara looks through her stack of movies before nodding. "Yep. Do ya'll want to watch that?"

I was perfectly fine with that movie. We all nodded our heads and gave excited 'whoop's as Clara put the movie in and went to turn off the lights. She turned off all of the lights except for one so we could see a little bit.

Clara came back and sat down between Jason and I. I leaned my head on Noah's as the movie started, smiling contentedly.

Yeah. This year has been awesome.

~~~

Y'all this is the last chapter of my book. I think I'm going to cry.

Qotc: What is the first thing you notice about a person?

Aotc: probably hair, then their face in general.

Please read my Author's Note! It's the next update after this so just swipe :)