Chapter 7

Oh my goodness guys I've been obsessed with the new song Who Do You Love? by the Chainsmokers and 5sos like omg I can't get it out of my mind lmao

Anyway just wanted to say that enjoy the chapter!

(Noah's POV)

I was in my bed, attempting to drift off to sleep.

Note: attempting

I couldn't sleep, truthfully. I just couldn't. My mind wouldn't rest. Although I've been having issues sleeping for the past month, but this was for an entirely different reason.

I just couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if I kissed Hunter back.

I mean, fuck why didn't I in the first place?

I've loved Hunter for a while. But when he kissed me, I freaked out. I didn't know what to do. I was overthinking things, as I usually do.

I thought: am I a good kisser? Is this just a dare? Does he actually like me?

Millions of thoughts were running through my head, distracting me from kissing him back. And in the time my mind was occupied, Hunter took that as rejection.

And I didn't want him to take it as rejection. I wanted to date him. I've dreamt about dating him.

Midst my non-sleeping and overthinking state, I heard a knock at my window.

Curious, I got up to inspect it. I pulled back my curtain and there was Hunter, smiling up at me. I opened my window.

"What the fuck are you doing at my window? You know there's a door."

He shrugged. "This seemed cooler."

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you here anyway?"

Hunter looked down at the ground. "Me and you both know we need to talk."

There was a long silence. I didn't really know what to say. What would I say?

"Can you come outside? I really need to talk to you." Hunter looked at me pleadingly.

I swallowed nervously. "Um, sure."

I closed my window and walked to my closet to grab a pair of sweats and some shoes. Of course, I wasn't really wearing anything but boxers. I pulled on sweats and some shoes and I quietly snuck my way out the front door and outside to where Hunter was.

Hunter was standing kind of nervously, though I already knew why. I was nervous too.

I sighed. "Hunter I-"

"I didn't mean to do it." Hunter said quickly, before I could get out my sentence.

I stared at him. "You-what?"

Hunter gulped. "I didn't mean to kiss you. It was like a heat-of-the moment type thing, ya know?"

I didn't know. I was hoping Hunter had kissed me cause he actually liked me. Turns out my hopes were not true. If I said my heart didn't slightly break at that moment, I'd be wrong.

"I mean...yeah. I can see that." I lied.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to. I hope you can forgive me."

I really wanted to kiss him again. "I forgive you, Hunter. It was an accident."

Hunter sighed. "Yeah..."

There was a silence. At this point, I just wanted to get back inside. Maybe cry my insides out, but I would never admit it.

"Alright well, I'll see you tomorrow, Hunter." Without waiting for a reply, I walked back inside.