Chapter 12

Lee Felix proved himself right once more.

Ever since we walked out of the science building this morning, Hyunjin didn't leave us alone. Sticking by Felix' side as if they've known each other for months or even years instead of only a mere day. It makes me believe that so-called friends at first sight thing Felix mentioned earlier actually exists, no matter how strange it might sound.

Mind me, there's still a small part of me that believes Hyunjin is only using us to guard him against the girls, like two human pest repellers. I would totally understand if that's the only reason why and I honestly think we're doing a great job in keeping those girls away.

It's mainly Felix but I'm doing a fair share as well. Not because I want to help Hyunjin. I'm just sick of hearing the word oppa the entire time and since ditching Hyunjin isn't an option according to Felix, the only way to escape from the oppa club is to scare them away or simply run and hide.

I guess that's why Felix insisted on eating lunch on the rooftop, even though it's even colder up here. At least there aren't any girls up here. Not yet, at least. God knows how long it will take for them to find out Hyunjin is hiding here.

The rooftop is abandoned, we're the only ones here. And there's a good reason for that, no one would come here out of free will when it's this cold. I don't even know why I tagged along. No one with common sense would do that. The sky is still gray as always and I'm surprised that it didn't start raining yet. A strong and chilly wind is blowing over the flat surface, a wind that makes its way through every tiny gap between a persons clothing to send shivers down their spine. A scarf and a warm coat are rendered powerless against this merciless breeze.

I don't even want to be here.

"Felix," I whine, grabbing the attention of my friend who is about to stuff his mouth with his lunch. His hand with the chopsticks freezes mid-air, the food long forgotten as he gives me a questioning look. "Why are we here? It's cold."

"We already discussed our plan, Chae," my friend sighs. "We're eating here to avoid our classmates for the sake of Hyunjin hyung."

"Yeah, I get that," I muse as I glance over the schoolyard. Despite the chilly temperatures, many students occupy benches and picnic tables scattered here and there through the yard. But then again, the wind isn't as strong down there. "But why didn't you pick one of the many storage rooms to hide? I bet it's a lot warmer in there." 

"I thought about that," Felix states, placing the chopsticks back in his lunchbox. "But what if someone found us, they would probably start to think weird things or something."

"Who told you I would join you if you entered a storage room?" I snort. "It would've been just the two of you, I can't possibly enjoy my lunch when I'm sitting between brooms and dust."

"Then it's even worse if we would be found," Felix explains, his expression awfully serious for a conversation like this. "Then they might start to think that I'm gay."

"I bet a lot of students here already think so," I mutter, not loud enough for Felix to hear. But Hyunjin did and he quickly covers his mouth as he lets out a breathy chuckle.

"What was that?" my orange-haired friend asks, eyeing the both of us suspiciously. "Hyung, what did she say?"

"Nothing relevant," the raven boy replies, keeping a straight face. But his brown eyes sparkle, giving away the repressed laughter that he successfully hides.

Felix gives us both distrustful look before he decides to give us the benefit of doubt and continues his lunch again. I pull up the collar of my coat in an attempt to block out the ever so cold breeze since I left my scarf in my locker as I lean my back against the fence surrounding the rooftop to keep it safe. The flexibel gauze bends under the weight, making it a little more comfortable to lean against. But the concrete floor and the lack of warmth still makes it uncomfortable.

"Look, if this is how we're going to spend our lunch breaks from now on, you can spend them together," I chide, not happy with this situation. "This isn't excactly how I want to celebrate my lunch breaks, my back and ass hurt like crazy."

Felix just gives me a reassuring smile, one that I don' t find reassuring at all. "Give it another week, Chae," he replies. "After they're used to Hyunjin hyung, they will leave him -and us- alone."

"You mean that I'll be boring within a week," Hyunjin  frowns.

Felix nods. "Only a few will stick around but still mostly for your looks without putting in any effort to really get to know you. Been there, the girls are shallow here."

"Yah!" I exclaim, landing a punch on Felix' shoulder.

He flinches a little before he quickly corrects himself. "The girls are shallow here except for Chaelin. But she isn't interested in boys so that doesn't really count, I guess?"

Hyunjin's eyes widen as he quickly turns his head towards me, giving me a perplexed expression. "Are you-"

"N-No!" I chime, waving my hands in denial. "Felix, pabo! I'm perfectly straight, stop saying things that make it look like I'm not, will ya?"

Felix just gives me a smug look. "Payback, chingu," he chuckles, the corners of his mouth turned upwards into a nasty smirk. "Did you really think I didn't hear your remark about me being gay a moment ago?"

Hyunjin snorts, not even bothering to cover it up this time. I quickly avert my gaze, furiously staring at my lunch box to hide my embarrassment. Jokingly questioning each other's sexuality is one thing, but the pressence of Hyunjin makes it all hella uncomfortable.

Great, new kid successfully invaded our lunch break. What will he invade next? Our movie nights? I hope it's not going to get that far. But I'm sure Felix would never do that to me. He knows how terrible this is for me, right?

--

Such a rushed chapter without any meaningful content and a lack of inspiration, but okay.