Chapter 50

After our lunch break together, we're walking through the hallways filled with students, heading towards our next class. We're walking close to each other -closer than ever before- with our hands occasionally touching. Sparks fly through my body every time it happens and I try to keep myself from grabbing his hand.

It was an unspoken agreement between us to keep it a secret. Mainly because we wanted to find out how this will work out before we tell everyone. And I honestly don't want the wrath of the Hyunjin-fanclub over me for the rest of my school life.

And there's also this little part of me that fears that my mom will find out and kicks me out of her house, labeling me as a traitor or something like that. Because boys definitely aren't allowed and I don't want to end up dead after finding the happiness of my life and all that cliche stuff.

I already receive plenty of scornful looks from girls everywhere. Imagine what will happen when I reach out and grab Prince Hyunjin's freaking royal hand. The nickname has never left the boy ever since the day it has risen. Just the thought is hilarious.

Let's say it's for the better if everyone thinks Hyunjin and I are just friends, and for my mom to not know about his existence at all. I prefer things more peaceful and I can only guess school will turn into a warzone if the news of me and Hyunjin dating ever comes out.

We walk in silence but it's not even the slightest bit awkward. We're both lost in thought, reliving our little moment together we had earlier inside our minds. It was something I never thought to experience and I have to keep myself from grinning like a madman.

But a loud singing from behind makes us both turn around in horror. We completely forgot about that.

"HYUNJIN AND CHAELIN, SITTING IN A TREE," Felix chants loudly, marching straight towards us. "K I S S I-"

Hyunjin and I both dash forward and before the boy can finish his stupid song, he's being tackled and pushed against the wall after our impact, our hands covering his mouth to prevent him from making any sound.

I dare to look up, only to find every single student staring right back at me with wide eyes. A thick silence hangs in the air and my heart is beating rapidly.

So much for keeping it a secret.

Then the silence is broken by a single catcall and soon more follow. Some boys are practically howling and I feel my cheeks grow red. This is so embarrassing!

Felix looks more guilty that he ever did before as Hyunjin starts dragging him away from the crowd and I quickly follow, ignorging the whistles and calls.

But Felix being Felix, his sullen expression turns bright again within a matter of minutes and just like that, all the guilt has left his face.

"It was supposed to be a secret," I hiss, narrowing my eyes at the orange-haired boy who seems unfazed. "Those girls are going to kill me."

"Not when you have me and Hyunjin on your side," is his reply.

"How do you know, anyway?" Hyunjin asks suspiciously.

"Oh, about that," Felix shrugs nonchalantly. But I know him better than that, I know how excited he actually is; his sparkling eyes give it all away. "I was looking for you because I felt lonely and I figured you'd be on the rooftop. And I was right."

Hyunjin nods slowly, before narrowing his eyes once more. "And what exactly did you see?"

The corners of my best friend's mouth tug up into a smirk. "Believe me, it was cuter than the kdramas Chaelin forces me to watch," he smugly states and I roll my eyes, partly to cover up my embarrassment and partly because I don't even force him to watch kdramas that much.

"Good to know," Hyunjin mutters coolly, but his red ears give away that I'm not the only one embarrassed here.

Then Felix drops his smug mask, and pure excitement takes over his features. He is that little ball of happiness again as he gushes, "I never expected this to actually happen, congrats. I'm so happy." He enthusiastically flings his arms around me, telling me how proud he is.

"Yah!" Hyunjin calls out, frowning. "Don't hug my girlfriend."

Girlfriend?

Felix gives his hyung a teasing look but shows no signs of letting go. "I always hug Chaelin, but I'm fine with sharing since I'm basically part of the deal."

I snort with laughter as I pry Felix' arms off me and take a step back. "You're an idiot, Lix."

A minute later, we enter our classroom. I quickly steal a glance at my classmates but none of the girls is angrily staring at me yet -at least not more than usual. I guess the news didn't spread that fast and I'm thankful for that. But with that thought also comes the realization that it might be the last peaceful class for the time being.

But instead of worrying about that, the only thing I can't think about right now is how Hyunjin called me his girlfriend, and oh how good it felt to hear that.

--

This chapter was a bit short, but;

v ----- ANNOUNCEMENT ----- v

That Boy is slowly coming to its end (don't worry, there's still a good amount of chapters left but it won't take too long to finish it). I'm not planning to stop writing anytime soon and I already have a new story planned. Rather, the plot is already finished. I didn't tell anyone about it, not even my best friend. But I think now is a good time to give a little (very little) preview. I don't know when the first chapter will be up. Maybe after the last chapter of That Boy, maybe before. Depends on a lot of things (if anyone is interested, for example xD).

Okay, enough rambling.

--

What begins as an innocent game to make her best friend fall for her, ends as a battle to win him back

--

I'm not leaving you behind after That Boy XD