Chapter 6

Having slept late, I woke up and rolled over, pulling my phone from the charger, only to find a message from an unknown number.

'good morning beautiful, it's Shannon. My brother asked me to let you know that we found your wallet on the side of the couch this morning. It must have fallen out of your purse last night. I'll be at Jared's all day if you want to drop by and get it. Jared left early and has two meetings scheduled so if you need anything, just let me know. Have a great day.'

Shit! My license is in my wallet and I'm going to need that. Sighing loudly. I slid out of bed and started my coffee before hurrying into the bathroom for a quick shower. My late start this morning put me so far behind, that I opted to skip breakfast and take my coffee to go. I hurried out of the apartment and headed right to my meeting, praying that I didn't get pulled over. After the meeting with my client, I'd go to Jared's and pick up my wallet. Any errands would have to wait until this afternoon.

This particular client was known to be fickle and I had a feeling that the appointment would take longer than expected.

Two hours later, I left her place, sliding into the hot car and sighing about how extremely particular she had been. She wanted the job completed by a certain date and was constantly changing her mind on the layout. Something told me that before the job was completed, there would be even more changes.

I finally texted Shannon back, letting him know that I'd be over soon and he responded, stating that he may be in the pool when I arrived. He said that the gate would be unlocked and that I should just come inside. The text went on to say that my wallet was on a table near the couch.

I arrived at Jared's place around noon. Of course there was no answer at the door and I felt weird about just walking into the house, but I needed my wallet. Pushing the door open, I was met with complete silence when I called out Shannon's name.

Awkwardly, I stepped inside, heading directly to the couch. Holding my red wallet, I started back toward the door, but I then remembered Shannon saying something about taking a swim.

I ambled over to the door leading out back and stood watching him. He had a brunette pinned to the side of the pool and all I could see was the back of his head. He was also blocking her view, and as he kissed her, one of his hands disappeared beneath the water. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she giggled. They eventually moved to the shallow end of the pool, where things were a little less discreet. It got really heated on the steps and I wanted to look away, but couldn't.

The way he touched her and flipped her body around like she weighed nothing, had me mesmerized. His hands moved under her bikini top and then down into the matching blue bottoms. My face reddened, just watching what was happening just beyond that door.

I knew that I shouldn't be watching, but I just couldn't look away. His hands were all over her body and jealousy seared through me. I almost died of embarrassment when he looked in my direction. The subtle smile let me know that he caught me watching them. I froze in humiliation. 'Shit!' I blurted out loud, moving away from the door. I hurried toward the door, just wanting to get the hell out of there and forget what I witnessed.

"Carrie, wait!" I heard him calling my name and became desperate to get to my car before he could catch up to me. He came up behind me so fast, water dripping everywhere, and placed his hand on top of mine as I gripped the doorknob. "Don't leave yet. I was only getting started."

I turned around as he stepped closer, making me fall back against the heavy door. His hands held me in place, just like he did with the girl in the pool. His face moved closer to mine, so close, in fact, that I thought he was going to kiss me. Part of me was disgusted, but then part of me was so fucking turned on.

What the hell was happening to me? He stopped when his lips brushed against mine. "You left before the good part, but I'd be happy to demonstrate for you right now. Jared isn't here and my room is just up those stairs. I can make Madison leave so we can be all alone, unless you're into some real freaky shit." He whispered, trailing his cold fingers down across my belly and dipping into the top of my jeans.

"I- I have to g-go." I stuttered, nervously. Pressing his lips to mine, his fingers tangled in my hair, and tilted my head back. He pressed his wet body firmly against mine as his warm tongue pushed into my mouth and I knew in that second, that I wanted more. I had to get away from him before I did something I'd regret. Shoving him back, I walked out the door to my car. My clothes were dripping wet. He stepped outside, smirking proudly.

"Thanks for dropping by and I'm so glad I could make you wet." He laughed, blowing me a kiss, and watching me get in my car.

My hands were actually trembling as I started the car. I glanced down at my soaked clothing, rolling my eyes. Get your shit together, Carrie!