Chapter 25

By the following weekend, I started to miss the feel of Jared's arms wrapped around me, and I even missed Shannon's cocky mouth. I knew that I had to do something and soon. It became obvious I couldn't just walk away, and I finally came to the conclusion that I wanted them, both of them.

Although the calls and texts seemed to have subsided, surprisingly, Shannon was the first to reach out. He called, asking for a chance to explain his actions. He asked that I stop by his house later. I agreed, knowing what would happen when we were face to face again. I smiled to myself, noticing the long forgotten bag lying on the floor between my nightstand and bed. Opening the bag, I looked down at a pair of lacy panties and matching black bra. 'Shit, I almost forgot all about this!' I held them up, admiring the set.

I ripped the tags from the lingerie and stripped out of my clothes, trying them on. Standing in front of the mirror, I twisted around, checking myself out. Pausing, I felt shy all of a sudden, which was so stupid, because he's already seen me and touched me. My face blushed bright pink at the thought of what he did to me in the hallway that day. 'Fuck it.' Walking with purpose, I stalked over to my closet and opened the doors, snatching the black coat I'd only worn twice and sliding my arms into the long sleeves. Tying it closed in the front, I then stepped into my favorite pair of Louis Vuitton's and pranced down the hallway, listening to the echo my shoes made with each step. I picked up my keys and purse sliding my phone into the side pocket, and headed out.

I anxiously chewed on a piece of gum as I drove to his home. Noticing a car parked outside, I drove up and parked behind it. I was still trying to gather up all of my courage to get out of the car. Taking a deep breath, I got out and fastened the coat. The gate was unlocked and I spit out the minty gum before marching up to the door.

His eyes met mine as soon as he opened the door. They were warm, lively and the honey color sparkled brilliantly in the evening sun. "Hey." He offered, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Come on in. "Carrie, this is my friend Rob." Turning toward his buddy he nodded in my direction. "Rob, meet Carrie."

Granting him a nod, I sat down on the couch, hugging the coat to my body. Rob didn't look like someone who would hang out with Jared or Shannon. He was a businessman and I hoped I didn't interrupt anything important. "I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Just let me know what you decide."

Shannon gestured with his hands as he spoke. "I'm still thinking it over right now, but if I decide to go ahead, I won't call anyone else." They continued their conversation and I sat there, patiently listening. Shannon offered me something to drink and I followed him into the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and just as he turned to hand me a bottle of water, I opened my coat.

His eyes moved up and down my body and I pulled the dark fabric closed. "You want me? Get rid of your friend."

As his eyes scanned my body, he swallowed hard, setting the water down and rushing into the living room. My hands began to tremble when I heard him stumbling over his own words.

"Rob, hey man, I, uh.. Something came up and I gotta go take care of it. Sorry to cut this short, but..."

"Sure, no problem. Like I said, call me if you need me." After hearing the sound of the front door closing, he returned and I let him pull the straps of my coat open for another full glance of my body. His tongue slithered over his bottom lip and I pulled the coat closed once more.

"Carrie, I wanted to apologize for what happened at Jared's."

I'd rehearsed what I wanted to say to him for days, and now that I was in front of him, I was losing my nerve. "Can we not discuss that right now?" My mouth went dry and my heart was pounding hard and fast. "I couldn't stop thinking about either of you. The way you both make me feel. The attraction to both of you." My heart ricocheted off my rib cage. Fuck, can I do this? He took a few steps forward, and I forced him back. I placed my hand on his chest and he patiently listened to me. I could feel his heart hammering in his chest. "Shannon, I just don't want anyone to get hurt."

"I promise you, nobody will be." His lips brushed mine. Almost mindlessly, I pressed my lips to his, giving him small kisses. He raised one of my legs, taking a few steps forward, and gliding me across the floor.

"I'm scared." I whispered, enjoying this gentle, soft side of him, but still having those last minute second thoughts.

"You have to trust me. You have to trust us. Can you do that?" Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion, but he was already backing me out of the kitchen.

"I don't know." By the time we made it to his bedroom and he put me down, I could feel him through those tight pants.

"I don't want you to worry, things will work out." My heels clicked on the hardwood floor as he put me down. Pulling me tightly against him, I smiled when his hands moved down to cup and squeeze my ass.

"Oh no, handsome, I'm calling the shots tonight." I slid my hand over the enormous bulge in his pants one time before tugging his belt out of the loops. I folded it in half and smacked my hand with the leather fabric. Dropping it to the floor, I popped the button to his jeans.

Gripping the waistband of his pants, I started shoving them down his hips. Raking my fingernails over the clearly defined head of his hardened shaft, I watched his expression change. He narrowed his eyes at me. "Little girl, I should warn you now, you're playing with fire."

I knew that I was pressing his buttons, but was savoring the moment. "I think I can handle you, now if you'll just let me get completely naked, I promise you can do whatever you want to me."