Chapter 15

I moaned into his mouth as the bold caress of his tongue invaded mine. There was something so different, so reckless about Shannon. He was audacious and bold, and appealed to that wild side of me. Besides his full, perfect lips and the insane strength of his body, he was so damn arrogant, a characteristic I was fiercely attracted to. The way he pushed me against the wall as if I weighed nothing and crushed his lips down on mine, spoke volumes about what he could be like in bed. To do something like that with his brother right in the next room was pretty brazen.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as my arms encircled his neck and the last barrier of my resistance came crumbling down.

It wasn't until his mouth moved downward, along my neck that I actually forced him away. The loud sound my hand made as it connected with his face echoed throughout the room, and I flinched as I held my fingers up to my mouth.

I stood there glaring at him, my chest heaving and my head spinning. The grin on his face was nearly enough to make my knees give in completely. The room became silent and I watched him raise a hand to his face. "Oh god, I'm sorry." I blurted out, stumbling away from him in search of a bathroom.

I found one and closed myself inside. Leaning against the wall, I silently chastised myself for allowing it to go on. There has to be something wrong with me! Who the hell does shit like this? I'd actually turned into one of those stupid women I hated so much, the ones who cheated on their boyfriends, but only I was a lot worse, this was his own brother. Leaning against the wall, the coldness of the tile steadied my breathing.

Finally moving to the sink, I stared at myself in the mirror. My cheeks were bright red and matched the fervor that spread throughout my body. I had to get a grip and compose myself.

I adjusted my bright pink top and my hair before slowly opening the door and leaving the bathroom. I needed to find Jared, and made my way up the steps to his bedroom.

I could see him through the partially open door, pacing back and forth with one hand on his hip. He was fully immersed in a business call and froze, smiling immediately when he noticed me. Waving me inside, he put his finger against his lips to signal for me to stay quiet as he approached. With one hand he tugged at the end of my shirt, forcing me closer so he could kiss me. "Five more minutes, I promise." He whispered against my ear.

I smiled and sat down, fully prepared to patiently wait with him rather than out there with Shannon.

I was relieved that Shannon would be gone and I wouldn't have to deal with my infatuation anymore. I was so lost in my own thoughts about that kiss, that I wasn't even following along with the conversation at all. Jared cleared his throat and I realized that he was off the phone.

"Sorry about that." He apologized, strolling over to me. God, he was so sexy. How could I possibly look at anyone the way I look at him? He'd been so sweet to me, popping up when I really needed him. Bringing me flowers and staying the night with me in Vegas. He was so special and I couldn't lose him.

I stood up as he moved closer. "It's alright."

Both of his hands gripped my hips as he kissed the shell of my ear. "Mmm, you smell amazing." He leaned in to caress my neck, slow and gentle. "I told you that I'd make it up to you." His smooth lips trail down my neck and a wave of pure pleasure ran through my entire body. "Shannon's busy moving his belongings into that uhaul and will be leaving for his date anytime now. It will be just the two of us here tonight." His gravelly words against my ear made my insides crave his touch.

Sighing, my head fell backwards. I had zero resistance and hated how easily my body responded to both of them the same way. "I want you Jared." I declared, unsure if the reason I said it aloud was to try and convince myself that I only wanted him.

I could say it all I wanted, there's no way in hell I could deny how Shannon's kiss made me feel, and yet again, here I was thinking about both of them as Jared got to his knees in front of me. Laying back across the mattress, I closed my eyes and allowed him to deliver delicate kisses to my bare legs while sliding my shorts and underwear down. Taking a deep breath, I struggled to clear my thoughts when Jared's fingers parted my knees.

Raising one knee, Jared peppered kisses from my ankle all the way up the inside of my leg, taking his time to occasionally, sink his teeth into the tender flesh of my inner thigh. I lost all rational thought and was consumed at the thought of where this was going.