Chapter 45

He looked so sexy glaring down at me, narrowing his eyes and biting his bottom lip. Unable to stop the smile from spreading across my face, I closed my eyes, tilted my head upward and felt his lips on mine. Our fingers locked together much like puzzle pieces and his small kisses grew in intensity.

Warmth radiated throughout my body and my face started to redden as he pulled away. Our eyes locked once again, holding their own silent conversation. Shannon was making me wait for it and I could hardly stand it. He kissed my ear lobe first, working his way down to my neck and I was panting by the time he reached my collarbone. He lifted me off of my feet, parting my legs and then forcing them to wrap around his waist as our mouths crashed together. The dreadful sound of a call coming in had ruined the moment. "Fuck!" He groaned loudly.

Allowing my body to slide down his, he looked at the screen and let out a sigh, pausing for a second before swiping his finger across the screen. "Yeah, what's up?"

Quietly, I stood watching him squeeze his eyes shut. "Sure, that's fine, but give us a few minutes." I could hear Jared's voice coming from the device, but couldn't make out what he was saying.

As he disconnected the call and shoved his phone back in his pocket, he looked over at me. The look of annoyance invaded his expression, but he never complained. He leaned in, gripping my chin and tilting my head back.

The quickness of his movements caught me off guard as he forcefully kissed me. I could feel all of the emotions going on inside of him, affection and lust, mixed with a hint of anger.

Slowly pulling away, releasing a growl as he tugged my bottom lip between his teeth. "Apparently, we have dinner plans. I need you to go and freshen up or do whatever you have to so that we can leave."

He took a deep breath and moved back, permitting me to walk away. I leaned down and picked up another outfit from my suitcase before walking into the bathroom. Staring him down as I slowly shut the door, I was hoping to change his mind about going out. Dinner was the last thing I wanted to do right now, but it appeared that I didn't have much of a choice.

When I came out, he was sitting along the edge of the bed patiently waiting on me. "Very nice." He winked, giving my outfit a quick once over.

"This one is my favorite." I insisted, slipping the blue heels on my feet. He stood, picked up his phone and took my hand, guiding me to the door. I knew that once we were out of the room, I would be walking behind them both. How would that work?

Jared was already in the lobby waiting on us. The first thing I noticed was his tired eyes, but yet he looked just as handsome as ever. His hands were shoved in his pockets and he made no attempt to embrace me. "Hello gorgeous." His eyes scanned the lobby. "Have a good day?"

I smiled and granted him a nod. The three of us stood there in the lobby as I listened to them talk about where we were going. Jared was telling his brother what restaurant he has chosen and I followed behind them out to the car and climbed into the back seat. They both followed and Jared sat next to me, Shannon across. "Glad you had fun with Shannon today."

I looked over at Shannon, who was busy staring out the window not even paying attention to Jared's question. "Love how I believed I was in bed with you this morning only to find that it was Shannon instead."

"I'm sorry babe, I had to work and he was already here, so I just thought that instead of waking up all alone, you'd want to wake up next to someone." He playfully stuck his bottom lip out like he was pouting.

Rolling my eyes, I laughed. "It's fine, just kind of like whiplash, if you know what I mean. Maybe next time give me a little heads up."

As we arrived at the restaurant, Shannon got out with Jared right behind him and I was last. The two of them walked in together and I followed behind, slowly.

The restaurant was casual and once again, our seats were towards the back, in a private section. Shannon still didn't speak much as we were handed our menus. Jared yawned as he read over his, the exhaustion in his face was evident.

Jared did most of the talking during dinner as he told us about his meetings and his lunch with a friend in between. He promised that next time he'd take me to meet his buddy.

Listening to Jared talk about his important meeting with a designer, I could feel both of their eyes on me. My body felt like it was on fire and it was then that I realized how deep I'd gotten with them both. I smiled at the similarities and differences between them, but couldn't deny the strong pull that I felt toward both. That same worry crept into my mind and I shoved it away, not wanting to deal with the reality.

Jared changed the subject by saying that he planned to turn in early. Dessert was delivered to the table and after Jared took a few bites he continued to yawn. "My apologies, but I am so exhausted. Thank you both for joining me for dinner." He turned toward me. "Would you be terribly pissed at me if I excused myself? It's just been such a long day and I could really use a shower and some sleep."

"Of course not." I looked from him and back over to Shannon.

"You alright, Jared?" Shannon asked with the look of concern on his face.

"Yeah, just tired. Enjoy dessert for me, please?" Jared stood and patted Shannons shoulder while granting me a wink. "I'd kiss you, but you know the rules. Goodnight, Carrie."

Shannon licked his lips in a way that told me all I needed to know, he was still very much worked up and I grinned as I slowly ate my ice cream, savoring every bite and purposely making him wait.