Chapter 23

Sitting across from Jared on the couch, my nerves were getting the best of me. His smile broke me down so easily and I could feel all the pent up anger beginning to fade slightly. Not disappear, but sort of melt into the background. Every time I attempted to say what weighed heavily on my mind, I couldn't. It was like there was a mental block in my brain and I knew that when I got home, away from him, I'd hate myself.

"Thank you for coming over, Carrie, I truly apologize for the other day. I understand if you don't want to talk about it." He spoke softly and I could tell that he honestly felt bad, but I wanted him to realize that I was not only upset, but confused as well.

He moved closer and placed his hand on mine. "Unless you did want to talk about it."

"It just seems to me that this behavior was merely expected of me. Like, I was supposed to go along with it without a second thought. I mean, how long were the two of you planning this?" Thank God I was able to get my voice and speak my mind. He wasn't going to be forgiven and that was it, end of conversation.

He stood up and began angrily pacing. "Come on, Carrie. The way I understand it, you didn't even give it a second thought." He chuckled and narrowed his eyes at me. "I mean, he pinned you to the wall and you certainly didn't put up much of a fight. He could have pressed a little harder and you would have let him fuck you, but I didn't want him to scare you off." He stood there, staring at me with this grin on his face and the anger inside of me was only growing.

"So, you really knew about this before hand, didn't you?" I stood up knowing that I was about to storm out any minute, but not before I told him what a piece of shit he was.

"Would you have agreed had I approached you with the idea right off?" His fingers absent-mindedly played with the corner of the book that was lying on the table next to where he was standing.

"Fuck you both." I blurted out angry as hell with him for making me feel like an object. "I believed you cared about me, but no, you just wanted a toy. Who in the hell do you think you are?" Screaming loudly, I wished I had something to throw at him. "You know what, never mind, don't bother with a response, I'm leaving." I walked past him and he grabbed my arm, pulling me tightly against his chest.

"You toyed with my brother, watching him nearly fuck Madison in the pool. Did that excite you, Carrie?" His lips grazed mine and he stared down at my lips. "Admit it, you wanted him just as much as he wanted you. Can you honestly tell me that you're offended?" He stared at me, not blinking and just like that, my defenses began to shatter.

I shrugged free and took a few steps, but was quickly spun and backed against the wall. His icy stare broke me completely, "Do you really want to walk out that door? I'm willing to bet you don't." His thumb swiped slowly across my bottom lip.

The warmth inside me seemed to spread throughout my body, but it had nothing to do with anger. His eyes peered into mine and he himself recognized that his words had finally broken me down. I watched his tongue dart out and slither across his bottom lip as he decided what he was going to do with me. I could sense a wildness brewing beneath the gentle, sweet Jared I encountered earlier in the evening. Suddenly, before I could say a word his fingers interlaced with mine and I was being pulled up the stairs and into his bedroom. He thrust me roughly against the back of the door.

At that point I had already given up command to him. Firm hands yanked the top of my dress, gathering my bra in the process and tugged down hard, exposing my chest to him. I was drawn forward and tossed down on the bed. One minute he was pushing and pulling so roughly that if I didn't know him any better, I might be scared, but he would never hurt me. Jared lifted my head and gently shoved a pillow beneath it. I observed as he raised his shirt over his head, letting it fall to the floor before crawling over me.

Leaning his full weight against me, he kissed my lips as my fingers tangled in his long hair. I was suddenly aware of him unbuttoning his pants and freeing himself. Wrapping my hand tightly around his length, he moved his hand over mine. God help me, I was lost. My top was so loose it may as well have not even been there. Slowly, his fingers slid up the inside of my thigh, pulling my dress up with them. "God, I want you so fucking bad." He whispered, kissing any part of my skin he could reach.

How could any two men want to be in a relationship with one woman and not have jealousy issues? I certainly wouldn't allow my man to be with another woman. Everything in my brain was screaming for me to stop, but my body betrayed me. He held himself up on one hand and pressed his forehead against mine. I attempted to focus on the eyes that stared into mine, but was distracted by the hand that slid into the front of my silky panties.

My reasoning for being there tonight, tumbled into oblivion as he slipped two fingers inside of me. His thumb swirled hotly around my clit and with consummate skill quickly, brought me to the edge. Rapid, shallow breaths escaped my lips as my hips thrust up into his hand. Filthy memories of fucking Jared on the couch in my apartment invaded my thoughts, but violently shifted to being pinned to the wall by Shannon. His thick fingers filling me just like what was happening right now. I'd given up on actually trying to get him off as my hand stroked him lazily. He didn't seem bothered by it.

My desire for both of them overtook me and I lost control. His tongue skimmed my quivering lips as I rode out the final waves of my orgasm. Pushing his fingers under my chin, he gave me a quick kiss. "My turn." He insisted, his voice dripping with lust.

Brazen hands ripped the flimsy fabric of my panties at the sides, pulling the delicate fabric free of my body. Within seconds the floral dress I was wearing was on the floor. I lay there completely nude and at his mercy.

He pushed the loose fitting pants down his slender legs and shoved my knees apart. Jared's tongue moved along my collarbone as his hand massaged my breast. With no warning at all, he pushed into me.

What began as gentle and sweet, transformed into rough, angry sex. With each violent thrust, I cried out for more. It was not quite what I expected, but I hadn't seen this side of him in a long time.

Each time I attempted to touch him, his strong arms pinned mine to the bed. He sucked my bottom lip into his mouth as he held me down. Where has this Jared gone? He seemed so calm these days and I was glad my anger resurrected him. My hips lifted to meet his, matching his fast rhythm. With his body molded tightly against mine, I could feel it once again building. Both of our moans filled the room and I teetered on the brink of falling over the edge again. His biting along the side of my neck was only making me fall faster.

Clutching fistfuls of the sheet, it felt like fireworks going off inside of me. I screamed his name as my body tightened around his. Ripples of pleasure had me lost and shaking uncontrollably as I rode wave after wave.

Jared's hips continued moving until he gasped and I watched his muscles contract. He finally relaxed and laid down next to me. "That was fucking amazing," he was still gasping. The fight we had was far from his mind at this point.

I turned on my side, staring at my hand in his. His arm was under my head and he kissed my head. "Carrie, I swear it wasn't intended as an insult, baby. We both know that you're attracted to him. Face it, my brother is an attractive guy." He giggled at his own words. "Listen, if you truly aren't interested, I understand, we understand. That doesn't mean that I don't want you."

I shut my eyes, not saying a word. I decided to sleep on it. I couldn't think straight after tonight anyway. Moving closer, his arm moved around my waist and we both fell asleep.